Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please :]

Red face Help please :]
    So I unlocked,jailbroke and activated my iphone(1st gen) on ziphone a long time ago.. I didn't really have many problems besides the face that I couldn't connect to safari,youtube or email unless I was in a wifi area. It just says I am not subscribed to edge or that it cannot find the server. I'm on 1.1.4. I'm on the sidekick plan so there has to be a way I can get it all to work.. What do I need to download so I can get it working to it's full potential!?

Oh and I'm on a mac osx...

help me out?

Thanks

Sorry man the sidekick plan will not work on the iphone. You need the $5.99 T-zones plan.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Try going into settings.. network... edge settings.. and put "internet2.voicestream.com" (without quotes) in the apn. Reboot and see if you get edge.

Quote Originally Posted by qnc View Post
    Sorry man the sidekick plan will not work on the iphone. You need the $5.99 T-zones plan.
    Really? I've read a bunch of things about people who do use their iphones with the sidekick plan. Does the tzones plan give me email as well?

Thanks

The sidekick plan needs a special number off true sidekick device and matching sim to work. Maybe if some one has a cheat, but this was a big debate and the final answer was no.

I went to T-Mobile myself and tried many different ways to get this done. i.e Talk to a store rep who was trying to make a sell, went to an agent affiliate and he tried everything he could to get it done. Tried to activate online with previous equipment noe of them worked. So I stopped checking. Some one may have found a way since then though.
    Well enough of that.

To answer you question: The T-Zones plan allows you to use a data connection. What you use it for is totally up to you. Surfing the net, checking email. You Tube.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

thanks a bunch. i put in that epc.tmobile.com into the edge settings and that was working really well. i'm gonna call tmobile and switch my plan.Since everyone says it'll work better. :]

IM STUCK!

ok i own the 1stg ipod touch with the 2.1 update.

i followed the jailbreaking sequence of youtube...
    install .net version 3.5...then
    install quick pwn....
    install firmware 2.1 for i-touch...
    then run and follow the commands.....
    .................................................. .........................
    .................................................. .........................
    i did all that but my ipod wont go to homepage it just shows the pineapple logo and the apple logo over and over no change...
    i turn it off and repeat the process of holding down the home button then both then home but this never seems to help

im stuck anyone please help... just relpy or email me
    [email protected]