+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI Changer on 2.0 and Beyond?

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi All I have a 1st generation 8GB Iphone and have just upgraded to version 2.0.... I was just wondering, is there any programme run by Iliberty (or indeed any
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IMEI Changer on 2.0 and Beyond?
    Hi All

I have a 1st generation 8GB Iphone and have just upgraded to version 2.0....

I was just wondering, is there any programme run by Iliberty (or indeed any programme) which can change your Iphone's IMEI?

I need it to work some programmes on the phone and with 1.1.4. you could do it with Ziphone

+thanks to anyone that can help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would also like this also

at&t can determine the imei that you are using and what type of phone that it is. I was using a palm centro and it died on me. That is the phone that I have registered on my account. I switched my sim to an unlocked iphone and called the warranty department. They kept trying to send me to apple care! I told them that I was calling about my centro and they said that I was calling from an iphone! Then the guy says " you haven't used the centro for 2 days".

I am now wondering if I continue to use the unlocked iphone on the regular data plan ($15) will they switch me to an iphone data plan or charge me for using it?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-12-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: I never used Ziphone, but I just did and it works great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

in the UK it's different i believe

so is there a programme for 2.0 yet?
    Last edited by northwest1988; 08-12-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I wonder if this works
    There is an app in cydia that can make your firmware appear to be whatever version you want so that you can run apps.
    What if you installed this and then tried using the imei changer part of ziphone?
    If anyone finds this method successful please let me know.
    Also, why would someone who can code not have made this yet? I know it has dubious purposes but it must be easy to code right?

Thanks

Post 2.0 doesn't exist anymore, you're SOL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think if it was doable it would have been done by now and somehow have made it into the public domain but no such luck

Thanks

Exclamation ANything yet
    Quote Originally Posted by normm View Post
    There is an app in cydia that can make your firmware appear to be whatever version you want so that you can run apps.
    What if you installed this and then tried using the imei changer part of ziphone?
    If anyone finds this method successful please let me know.
    Also, why would someone who can code not have made this yet? I know it has dubious purposes but it must be easy to code right?
    Have you tried ???

Any answer ??
    In the absence of light, darkness prevails

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have not tried yet met i now have the 3gs but if i can try it out on a mates old fone i will do

but again im highly doubtfull its possible to be honest i think apple have managed to lock down their phones rather well now