Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Missing Carrier Logois a discussion within the
iLibertyforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
Can't make or recieve calls, carrier logo missing. iTunes not showing phone number....Okay I upgraded to 2.0 and then downgraded back to 1.1.4 because I didn't like it...now I can't...
07-17-2008, 09:55 PM #1Missing Carrier Logo
Can't make or recieve calls, carrier logo missing. iTunes not showing phone number....Okay I upgraded to 2.0 and then downgraded back to 1.1.4 because I didn't like it...now I can't make or recieve calls, my t-mobile logo is missing and no phone number showing up in iTunes. It says n/a
07-18-2008, 03:34 AM #2No service / carrier solution
Six days it took messing around to find this...
The downloads you will need are; (Download all of these to the desktop for your own sanity)
Download iTunes 184.108.40.206 - FileHippo.com
Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware
iPod/iPhone firmware update 1.1.4 released - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
cre.ations.net - Creation: iBrickr: Easy iPhone ringtone / app management for Windows (This is windows ONLY)
Ok so you've downloaded all of these, lets get started...
1. Upgrade your iPhone to Version 2 software through iTunes as normal, and wait for the Sim locked message. You need to do this to normalise your iPhone again incase any previous messing around did anything nasty.
2. Uninstall iTunes if it is a higher version than 7.5 and install iTunes 7.5 (You need to do this to avoid the annoying Error 1604). Some of you may have a problem on the mac when downgrading to iTunes 7.5 (Library error). You need to go to finder click on /Users/Username/Music/iTunes you should see the "iTunes Library" file. MOVE it somewhere safe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE THIS FILE, if you do you will have to redo all your playlists etc, believe me I made this mistake (Thank God for Time Machine!!). iTunes 7.5 should launch away
3. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4. Do this by docking your iPhone and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click on restore. Point iTunes to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded earlier. Sit back and relax, you deserve a coffee.
4. Don't panic, you should get an "Error 10xx", usually 1015, this is ok. Take a sip of coffee, a deep breath and proceed.
5. Load up iBrickr, you will need a PC for this if you have a Mac or just fire up Parallels / VMWare. Luckily I had access to an old laptop. iBrickr should recognise your iPhone as being connected.
6. iBrickr (V0.91) has only two options, click the "Boot phone" button. The screen will turn red, this is normal, be patient it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.
7. You should now have have a 1.1.4 iPhone with a baseband from V2 (Who cares, its technical and we don't need to get into it here)
8. Run ZiPhone and use the "Do it all" option. Make another coffee, this takes 10 minutes or more.
9. You now have a jailbroken phone, with a "No Service" problem. Great.
10. Load up KiPhone. click on "iErase" (Mac) or "debug boot" and "Erase baseband" (PC). I HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH THE PC VERSION. The Mac version hung twice, it's your choice but for your own sanity maybe try the PC Version.
11. Enjoy, you should have full service back.
12. Dock with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to upgrade your iPhone, make sure to click the "Do not ask me again" button and click don't upgrade. Otherwise you will be back at square one.
13. Drink lots of beer, Apple you should be ashamed of yourselves, I wasted the majority of six days of my life to get this problem sorted. Pity-full.