+ Reply
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: i upgraded myitunes to 2.0 and iphone is stuck

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
when i got my iphone i unlocked it using i liberty and i was running on 1.1.4 and now that i have upgraded my itunes it has made me reactivate
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default i upgraded myitunes to 2.0 and iphone is stuck
    when i got my iphone i unlocked it using i liberty and i was running on 1.1.4 and now that i have upgraded my itunes it has made me reactivate my iphone. but this time around when i activate i liberty it starts and then just stays at "entering Recovery mode". please help do i need to downgrade my itunes to 1.1.4?????

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Because iLiberty doesn't work on the 2.0 firmware.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    will it soon? and if i downgrade will it work?

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    You're getting mixed up. Your iTunes was most likele upgraded to version 7.7 and your iPhone firmware upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0. Please confirm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

    amnovess (07-16-2008)

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    yes that it is what it is itunes 7.7 and iphone 2.0 how do i activate my iphone????
    thanks

  7. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    to my knowledge (thanks to the thread on the site) the iliberty+ jailbreak for 2.0 only works for unlocked (non ATT) customers at the moment. Expecting the 2.0 JB for ATT soon.

    same thing happened to me, so im basically stuck waiting for the JB to come out because its not worth the hassle to revert to 1.14 for a few days then go back imho.

  8. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    pls,help me my iphone Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 stuck when i connected to itune 7.7 version. thanks!!

    i can't use iliberty.pls, help me...
    Last edited by sniper240; 07-16-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

    pnkim22 (08-05-2008)

  11. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kuwait City
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Maji, so I can upgrade my liberated 1.1.4 iphone to 2.0 and reactivate using iLiberty+?
    Last edited by Suhail Chogle; 07-21-2008 at 09:28 AM.

  12. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    **** i did the same thing i had unlocked 1.1.14 then upgraded to 2.o now i cant even downgrade it back to 1.1.14

  13. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think I have the same problem.

    By mistake, I upgraded to 2.0 using itunes 7.0


    1. I update my first gen iphone to 2.0 by mistake, after that, it was locked and I cant do anything only emergency calls.

    2. I have tried to pwn it with no success.

    3. I followed all steps in this page.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows)

    Everything has worked excep go into DFU mode.

    I havent been able to put the iphone into DFU mode. As far as I understand DFU mode is black screen, but it doesnt put the iphone in that mode, it puts it into recovery model (itunes icon wih usb cable image).

    I tried to restore in that mode, but it keeps me getting unknown error 6.

    I need my iphone back as soon as possible, I can even pay for it.

    Any ideas, how to unlock it, how to downgrade it succesfully?

    Thx

  14. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i think this is happening to me also. i updated my itunes to the latest version then tried to use iberty to unlock/jailbreak it and now i'm stuck on the same screen showing itunes and usb lead. can't go into recovery mode and tried using ibrick to but didn't work.

    anyone had any joy?? I can't even restore on itunes. just stuck on same screen with no menu.

    A x

  15. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had to jailbreak my iphone again when it was stuck

    I recommend you to use the foloowing tuttorial. It worked for me, step by step

    Iliberty does not work. WInpwn is the best

  16. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i too am having the same problem, yet the iliberty site says as of July 20th it's updated and working...i am having NO luck (stuck in Entering Recovery Mode on the iliberty progress screen now have the USB Cable to iTunes graphic)..the live support at iliberty is non-existent, repeated emails to them for help go unanswered...anyone with any breakthrus on this? I am totally at a loss, desperate for my phone...

  17. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    31o
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ok after hours and hours I finally got this working. What Poseidon has written up is what you should follow for now until iliberty or ziphone, winpwn ... etc... comes out with an actual working unlock procedure.

    Ok, if you are confused on how to put your phone into DFU, Recovery, or Normal just open up iLiberty than use advanced tab to jump it in and out of different modes that you need. Sometimes iLiberty wouldn't work, so ... I used ZiPhone also if you click the drop menu on the right side there are different modes you can get it into I also used that.

    Remember on the write up that Poseidon wrote... he Restored 1.1.4 TWICE!!!!
    If you feel like you messed up at anypoint just update it to 2.0 and start over from step 1.

    I finally figured it out after 3 days and 2 hours.

    I have my iPhone back Thanks Poseidon.

  18. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default 1st gen unlocked on tmobile
    hey guys i was wondering if i do the new update from 1.1.4 to 2.0 can i still talk on my tmobile phone and if i can how do i do it thanks so much

  19. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    31o
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MEDICGUY911 View Post
    hey guys i was wondering if i do the new update from 1.1.4 to 2.0 can i still talk on my tmobile phone and if i can how do i do it thanks so much
    Well I say don't even do it. As far as I know they haven't came out with a clean method of upgrading from 1.1.4 to 2.0. From what I have seen A LOT OF PROBLEMS OCCUR. From Phone restarting on its own over and over again to NO WIFI, NO BLUETOOTH, EDGE Button disappears.... just stay away from it for now. Just wait until they release somthing for the TMO customers.

  20. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pnkim22 View Post
    Ok after hours and hours I finally got this working. What Poseidon has written up is what you should follow for now until iliberty or ziphone, winpwn ... etc... comes out with an actual working unlock procedure.

    Ok, if you are confused on how to put your phone into DFU, Recovery, or Normal just open up iLiberty than use advanced tab to jump it in and out of different modes that you need. Sometimes iLiberty wouldn't work, so ... I used ZiPhone also if you click the drop menu on the right side there are different modes you can get it into I also used that.

    Remember on the write up that Poseidon wrote... he Restored 1.1.4 TWICE!!!!
    If you feel like you messed up at anypoint just update it to 2.0 and start over from step 1.

    I finally figured it out after 3 days and 2 hours.

    I have my iPhone back Thanks Poseidon.
    Are you saying that you upgraded your phone to 2.0 got it stuck then somehow you were able to restore back to 1.1.4 and jailbreak it again????????

  21. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i have the same prob i did upgrade my i tunes becus i read that it would be fine somewhere but now i cant get back to my 1.1.4
    i have unlocked a few i phones but now mine is giving me more probs then i an fix


    i tried the holding the power and home then letting go of the power and connecting it and all i see is the usb pic on the screen

    i also used iliberty to jb and am trying to get it back to its old working t mobile unlocked state
    this is the itunes test that i ran

    No FireWire (IEEE 1394) Host Controller found.

    Most Recent Device Not Currently Connected:

    Fifth Generation iPod (iPod with video) running firmware version 1.3
    Serial Number:

    iPhone running firmware version 2.1

    I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO INSTALL I TUNES 7.5 AND HAVING NO LUCK
    IT NOW SAYS (The file i tunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of i tunes

    can any body help please
    Last edited by BADLIFE911; 09-19-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #20
    qnc
    qnc is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone qnc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mac Land
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BADLIFE911 View Post
    i have the same prob i did upgrade my i tunes becus i read that it would be fine somewhere but now i cant get back to my 1.1.4
    i have unlocked a few i phones but now mine is giving me more probs then i an fix


    i tried the holding the power and home then letting go of the power and connecting it and all i see is the usb pic on the screen

    i also used iliberty to jb and am trying to get it back to its old working t mobile unlocked state
    this is the itunes test that i ran

    No FireWire (IEEE 1394) Host Controller found.

    Most Recent Device Not Currently Connected:

    Fifth Generation iPod (iPod with video) running firmware version 1.3
    Serial Number:

    iPhone running firmware version 2.1

    I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO INSTALL I TUNES 7.5 AND HAVING NO LUCK
    IT NOW SAYS (The file i tunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of i tunes

    can any body help please

    Did you get an answer to your question?

    If not you need to delete itunes 7.7 and goto 7.5 or 7.6. Make sure that you have a clean install of itunes.

    Search you computer for all files and delete them. You can goto Old Version Downloads - OldApps.com to get old itunes software.

    Get the iphone 1.1.4 firmware.

    Put the phone in DFU mode. If you don't know how directions are on this site all over the place.

    Restore with 1.1.4 firmware. You will get 1015 error or something similiar.
    dont worry. Phone may still be in restore mode.

    Now run iLiberty+ to kick the phone out of restore mode.

    Now run iLiberty+ to jailbreak, activate, unlock, and ad installer.

    Now you may not get a signal at this point. This is the tricky part.

    Downlaod Kiphone it is a patched version of Ziphone. check downgrade baseband and check debug.

    let it run.

    You will now be back on 1.1.4 firmware with 04.05.05_G modem firmware.

    ****WARNING**** see Ziphone issues that have been reported.
    **** Downgrading baseband and modem firmware can go wrong and phone will be inoperable, but your phone does not work now any way so give it a shot.

    I have done it twice no issues. I basically bit the bullet and said that it was cheaper to have an unofficial ipod touch that to have nothing working at all.


    does not mean it will work for you but I have followed these steps with no errors.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts