Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone familiar with iLiberty?

Question Anyone familiar with iLiberty?
    I’m unlocking my iPhone 1.1.2 with iLiberty 1.5 for mac (previously jailbreak, was using stealthsim and now restored to 1.1.4). I think everything was going smoothly from restoring through iTunes to getting iLiberty up on screen. Now the iLiberty progress bar is still at “entering recovery mode” after more than 1 hour. Is this normal? How long should I wait before “success”? Should I switch to ziphone 3.0?

Any advice/help appreciated.

Nah, I try stay away from ziphone. Too risky. Anyways, I did manage to unlock it finally. I decided not to use iLiberty 1.5 but instead 1.2 for mac. I think there were too many options to select in 1.5 and the tutorial that I followed wasn't clear what I need or don't need to select. 1.2 is so much more simpler. So here's what I did:

I restored my iphone to 1.1.4 (option+restore) on itunes - make sure you download the 1.1.4 file on your computer before doing this, then leave the phone connected on computer, launch iLiberty 1.2 and follow the tutorial on iClarified (iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock Your iPhone With iLiberty+ (Mac) (Comments)) and that's it!

I'm enjoying my iphone more than ever before now and loving it. 1.1.4 is really cool. Love the wiggly thing! My t-mobile signal is stronger than ever and hasn't been disconnected so far (been 5 days now) unlike the stealthsim days - which always says nosim or invalid sim or disconnected while on the phone. But thanx to iLiberty, I'm a free man now!