Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do Not Use ZiPhone

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by ALL DAY ^Tits, bro... Read the threadzorz. Ramdisk/seczone corruption among other things. LMAO. I have read the entire thread, which is why I asked WHAT TRIGGERS the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    ^Tits, bro... Read the threadzorz. Ramdisk/seczone corruption among other things.

LMAO.

I have read the entire thread, which is why I asked WHAT TRIGGERS the failure? Does it just happen automagically?

The only people I know that have messed up their phones with ZiPhone had ALREADY messed up their phones or messed it up after the fact by attempting to do something else (incorrectly).

I agree, the method used by iLiberty+/WinPwn appears to be better than the ZiPhone method but for people to blab on and on and not have any real explanation... well, LOL.

"Don't play with his toys, he stole 'em and you'll get cooties from them too!"

In any case, I'm not for or against either method, but I would definitely like to know what triggers the failure, or if it is just a bunch of hype by some angry and/or bored people.

If you know what causes this failure due to using ZiPhone, list off the steps starting with a clean working locked, non-activated iPhone ending with a ramdisk/seczone corrupted iPhone with ZiPhone.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used ZiPhone the second time I jailbroke (First time was the long 1.1.2 jailbreak) and I would never do it again. It messed up my phone, luckily though, not enough to do any major damage.
    iPwn.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBito View Post
    I used ZiPhone the second time I jailbroke (First time was the long 1.1.2 jailbreak) and I would never do it again. It messed up my phone, luckily though, not enough to do any major damage.
    Good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Granted yes a very good post. But i used this. Mine worked fine, took less than ten minutes my unlocked and jailbroken phone works perfectly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
    Granted yes a very good post. But i used this. Mine worked fine, took less than ten minutes my unlocked and jailbroken phone works perfectly
    Like i said, its a problem with the software and im glad it worked great for you, for others it didn't and were trying to prevent that.

By the way sorry to bring this thread back from the grave lol.

Thanks

The software? I used the command prompt way. Not that fancy pantsy GUI one

Thanks

Same methodology, different interface.
    No difference.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Either way i wasnt affected by ziphone, except from having a fully functional unlocked iphone

Thanks

You seem very confident.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

I do indeed. I cross bridges when i come to them. No point worrying about it now. If it messes up when the 2.0 hack is out then you will be the first to gloat

Thanks
    thank you for the very informative post. I've been needing to hear something like this. I've never liked ZiPhone and it corrupts my iPhone about every week, but where can I download iLiberty? and is it as easy to do as ZiPhone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello guys, I need some help/advice. I have a 1.1.4 otb that I unlocked, jailbrake, and activated with ziphone. All has worked very well but I have since found out that it may cause me problems in the future. I would like to 'undo' ziphone and try iLiberty, is this possible? If so how? I have done some research on my own but have not found clear answers so I come to you guys here because I know you all are very knowledgeable and I seek your wisdom . Please any help is much appreciated, than you.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justinclark View Post
    Hello guys, I need some help/advice. I have a 1.1.4 otb that I unlocked, jailbrake, and activated with ziphone. All has worked very well but I have since found out that it may cause me problems in the future. I would like to 'undo' ziphone and try iLiberty, is this possible? If so how? I have done some research on my own but have not found clear answers so I come to you guys here because I know you all are very knowledgeable and I seek your wisdom . Please any help is much appreciated, than you.
    I had the same situation as you. I bootneutered(install this from installer) my bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6. After that I restored my iphone through itunes. After all that I just opened up iliberty+, clicked on the settings I needed and unlocked/jailbroke my iphone with iliberty+. Hope this helps you.

Oh and just for anyones reference, I locked/unjailbroke my iphone and then unlocked and jailbroke it again with ilberty+ because my iphone kept locking up when it was unlocked/jailbroken with ziphone 3.0, but all is good now. No problems..so far...ilberty+ FTW!

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

i try to tell this to all my friends but they never listen, they are like: oh ziphone is soo easy! i'm just like shut up!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xettexl View Post
    I had the same situation as you. I bootneutered(install this from installer) my bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6. After that I restored my iphone through itunes. After all that I just opened up iliberty+, clicked on the settings I needed and unlocked/jailbroke my iphone with iliberty+. Hope this helps you.

Oh and just for anyones reference, I locked/unjailbroke my iphone and then unlocked and jailbroke it again with ilberty+ because my iphone kept locking up when it was unlocked/jailbroken with ziphone 3.0, but all is good now. No problems..so far...ilberty+ FTW!
    Thank you. Now just so I understand, when I restore do I use the firmware that I downloaded (shift+restore) or do I just click restore and let iTunes do it?

Thanks

I just did restore and it updated to 1.1.4, which may have been a mistake, but it seems to be working fine for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would have to agree wit some of the others and say thanks for all this valuable info that you guys are giving. I've used ziphone a couple of times and have experienced some problems, but that might just be my phone. I'm ready to give iliberty a shot now. Once again this noob thanks u!

Thanks

Stickied to prevent further ZiBricks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

I have tried all options that I know if to JB. I have no need to unlock since AT&T is the only GSM with signal near me. Most of the time I have had zero problems with my iphone but lately I have had to restore everyday. I quit using ZiPhone when winpwn became a lot faster, but now I have had switched back to ZiPhone and since I have I have not had any problems. I tried iLiberty but ultimately found it confusing to use and it took too long and ziPhone and even winpwn were twice as fast. The only time I ever got the SWOD immediately after JB was when I used iLiberty. So if I am just JB is Ziphone sooooo dangerous? My phone was 1.0.0 when I got it so no need to worry about the bl.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    I have tried all options that I know if to JB. I have no need to unlock since AT&T is the only GSM with signal near me. Most of the time I have had zero problems with my iphone but lately I have had to restore everyday. I quit using ZiPhone when winpwn became a lot faster, but now I have had switched back to ZiPhone and since I have I have not had any problems. I tried iLiberty but ultimately found it confusing to use and it took too long and ziPhone and even winpwn were twice as fast. The only time I ever got the SWOD immediately after JB was when I used iLiberty. So if I am just JB is Ziphone sooooo dangerous? My phone was 1.0.0 when I got it so no need to worry about the bl.
    iLiberty confusing? Hit jailbreak+installer and hit free my 8GB iPhone.
    And yes jailbreaking is the problem with ZiPhone.