Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do Not Use ZiPhone

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
dale1v is right. Ziphone is dangerous for jailbreaking also. Guys,just dont use it... iLiberty is MUCH MUCH better. And its easy to use as Ziphone. Forget about zibri.
    Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

dale1v is right. Ziphone is dangerous for jailbreaking also. Guys,just dont use it... iLiberty is MUCH MUCH better. And its easy to use as Ziphone. Forget about zibri.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i only used ziphone to change my imei number... I wish i woulda seen this post befoore i did that tho! how unstable is it to change your imei number with ziphone and does it actually change the number or just show a new one?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Thanks for the information everyone. I especially liked the link to the page that gave the PROOF and RESEARCH some other people were talking about...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Thanks for the information everyone. I especially liked the link to the page that gave the PROOF and RESEARCH some other people were talking about...
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Yes, in short just stay away from ZiPhone, im interested to see what will happen when 2.0 comes out, how many more phones he screws up.
    LOL! Yes,he will screw up many people phones.... But,maybe then they will understand,that using DUMB software is not that good.
    If you consider stealing buggy software, releasing it as his own, denying its problems, fixing its problems with more problems, lying on his site saying it hasn't bricked a single phone, loyal then yes he is amazing.

Like who?
    Yes,I agree with this statement,zibri is good at leaking othe peoples software,but he CANT make his own. I feel sorry for that idiot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple iPie, do you like children?
    iDictionary .. who are you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Apple iPie, do you like children?
    Lol. Well,yes. Depends what do you mean.... Im not an adult myself,and yes I like children,I have a brother,which is 7 years old,and we are good friends.

Thanks

Ah.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Too easy, won't even reply. I'll just laugh on the inside, insanely.
    iDictionary .. who are you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Too easy, won't even reply. I'll just laugh on the inside, insanely.
    Dont get you. What happened?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Guys, you want to discuss merits of software, no worries. Please keep personal remarks about folks private.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Dash-2 (05-27-2008), DoerrFan (05-27-2008)

Thanks

Default Former Op of #Ziphone Advises Against It.
    Once upon a time, Ziphone was not the best idea; but it was the only alternative. I have an iPod Touch; and Ziphone was the first to provide jailbreaking services on 1.1.4 for this device. At the time, I was deeply involved with the Ziphone community, providing my assistance to thier users, and ultimately becoming an operator on #ziphone at tux-irc.net.

Ziphone wasn't a horrible idea then. Yes, its creator shafted the entire dev team, stole their works, and released them as his own. Yes, he was an arrogant *** wholly convinced of his own superiority, but the software worked (most of the time). iLiberty+ hadn't yet been released, and for a few days, (perhaps a week or two) Zibri's creation had cornered the market. It was easy, fast, and got the job done. Granted, even then, it had its flaws. Those who wished to unlock their devices had to perform a risky bootloader downgrade, and if anything happened during this process, they were Completely and utterly screwed. Nothing could save them. Nothing.

Fortunately for us, the support 'staff' of #ziphone, this didn't happen too often in the beginning. Then, things started to change.

Zibri would release updates to 'his' software, updates that would make it even more unstable than it was before. Soon, the cries for help began piling up; all having one or two things in common. The most prominent of these was the classic 'Greyed Wifi' scenario, where the device would inexplicably lose connectivity for reasons 'they' have STILL not determined to this day. All we could do was shrug and recommend that users 'Virginize' their iPhones. (Although in Truth, none of us, not even Zibri, had the fondest clue of what this entailed.) Without an iPhone to test it out on, I was in the dark on much of the ways to fix what Ziphone broke, but I remained (stupidly) optimistic. Someday, the issue would happen to the right person, they'd figure out a fix, and we'd go back to being a viable alternative to the new (and frankly better) methods that were quickly becoming available.

Someone would experience the issue, fix it, and tell us how. It was bound to happen...

Suprise, it never happened. Zibri released version 2.0 of his Ziphone software in February, forever rendering it a dangerous, and hopeless peice of crap for iPhone users the world over. He never did fix the problems his software created. That was done by the iLiberty+ team. Still, up through 2.5 I stayed on with #ziphone, putting up with Zibri's unwarranted, and horribly flawed superiority complex, until finally, I'd had enough.

I couldn't sit back and listen to him rant about how great Ziphone was, while daily being stumped by the half-dozen iphones that were bricked as a direct result of its use. I couldn't watch him chastize these 'victims' for what he thought they did wrong (using a different method before Ziphone (even before it was available) was a cardinal sin... punishable by an immediate kick/ban.) I knew that if I continued to support his flawed way of thinking, and his horribly flawed software, that my limited reputation for providing decent help was going to vanish, and I'd be cast among the dregs of the iPhone community.

I told the rest of #ziphone's ops what I thought (All of them agreed, yet continue to stay on anyways), and I never went back.

Since that time, I've kept up on what Zibri has released, and it's more alarming today than its ever been. His one-pass method is dangerous, and horribly unreliable. His handling of the iPhone's bootloader, mac address, and other internal mechanisms is nothing short of irresponsible. To anyone who has used Ziphone in the past, be aware; You have a ticking time-bomb on your hands. One day, your device will stop working, and you'll have Zibri to thank.

If you have an iPhone, and wish to jailbreak or unlock, do yourself a favor and use iLiberty+, or Pwnage instead. Ziphone is a very bad idea, and while you could go months, even years without an issue, the changes it makes to fundamental parts of the device are irreverseable to the lay-user out there.

Even though I no longer support #ziphone, I still encounter devices that have been rendered useless because of its effects. As long as people are willing to hit 'Do It All' without doing their homework first, this will always be the case. Let my experiences (and the victims I've encountered) be a lesson; Ziphone might seem easy, safe, and reliable, but in reality, it is anything but.

Cheers,

K
    "If it doesnt work as intended, try pressing the buttons a little harder."

-Kvisions

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kvisions For This Useful Post:

ALL DAY (05-28-2008), DoerrFan (05-27-2008), intrglctcrevfnk (05-30-2008), Kaloyan (06-13-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kvisions View Post
    Once upon a time, Ziphone was not the best idea; but it was the only alternative. I have an iPod Touch; and Ziphone was the first to provide jailbreaking services on 1.1.4 for this device. At the time, I was deeply involved with the Ziphone community, providing my assistance to thier users, and ultimately becoming an operator on #ziphone at tux-irc.net.

Ziphone wasn't a horrible idea then. Yes, its creator shafted the entire dev team, stole their works, and released them as his own. Yes, he was an arrogant *** wholly convinced of his own superiority, but the software worked (most of the time). iLiberty+ hadn't yet been released, and for a few days, (perhaps a week or two) Zibri's creation had cornered the market. It was easy, fast, and got the job done. Granted, even then, it had its flaws. Those who wished to unlock their devices had to perform a risky bootloader downgrade, and if anything happened during this process, they were Completely and utterly screwed. Nothing could save them. Nothing.

Fortunately for us, the support 'staff' of #ziphone, this didn't happen too often in the beginning. Then, things started to change.

Zibri would release updates to 'his' software, updates that would make it even more unstable than it was before. Soon, the cries for help began piling up; all having one or two things in common. The most prominent of these was the classic 'Greyed Wifi' scenario, where the device would inexplicably lose connectivity for reasons 'they' have STILL not determined to this day. All we could do was shrug and recommend that users 'Virginize' their iPhones. (Although in Truth, none of us, not even Zibri, had the fondest clue of what this entailed.) Without an iPhone to test it out on, I was in the dark on much of the ways to fix what Ziphone broke, but I remained (stupidly) optimistic. Someday, the issue would happen to the right person, they'd figure out a fix, and we'd go back to being a viable alternative to the new (and frankly better) methods that were quickly becoming available.

Someone would experience the issue, fix it, and tell us how. It was bound to happen...

Suprise, it never happened. Zibri released version 2.0 of his Ziphone software in February, forever rendering it a dangerous, and hopeless peice of crap for iPhone users the world over. He never did fix the problems his software created. That was done by the iLiberty+ team. Still, up through 2.5 I stayed on with #ziphone, putting up with Zibri's unwarranted, and horribly flawed superiority complex, until finally, I'd had enough.

I couldn't sit back and listen to him rant about how great Ziphone was, while daily being stumped by the half-dozen iphones that were bricked as a direct result of its use. I couldn't watch him chastize these 'victims' for what he thought they did wrong (using a different method before Ziphone (even before it was available) was a cardinal sin... punishable by an immediate kick/ban.) I knew that if I continued to support his flawed way of thinking, and his horribly flawed software, that my limited reputation for providing decent help was going to vanish, and I'd be cast among the dregs of the iPhone community.

I told the rest of #ziphone's ops what I thought (All of them agreed, yet continue to stay on anyways), and I never went back.

Since that time, I've kept up on what Zibri has released, and it's more alarming today than its ever been. His one-pass method is dangerous, and horribly unreliable. His handling of the iPhone's bootloader, mac address, and other internal mechanisms is nothing short of irresponsible. To anyone who has used Ziphone in the past, be aware; You have a ticking time-bomb on your hands. One day, your device will stop working, and you'll have Zibri to thank.

If you have an iPhone, and wish to jailbreak or unlock, do yourself a favor and use iLiberty+, or Pwnage instead. Ziphone is a very bad idea, and while you could go months, even years without an issue, the changes it makes to fundamental parts of the device are irreverseable to the lay-user out there.

Even though I no longer support #ziphone, I still encounter devices that have been rendered useless because of its effects. As long as people are willing to hit 'Do It All' without doing their homework first, this will always be the case. Let my experiences (and the victims I've encountered) be a lesson; Ziphone might seem easy, safe, and reliable, but in reality, it is anything but.

Cheers,

K
    +1.
    Though a restore should bring your phone to normal, unless your bootloader is downgraded/wifi dead.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Lol. Well,yes. Depends what do you mean.... Im not an adult myself,and yes I like children,I have a brother,which is 7 years old,and we are good friends.
    explains it all...
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

Oh, and if everyone doesn't mind, spread the word! Keep ZiPhone off the forums, i think it should be removed from the downloads section and the thread about it sticked to the top removed, weed it out people! Thanks.

Thanks

Im iPhone stupid.. ZiPhone is so easy its a joke... I would use iLiberty+ but it NEVER lets me put installer on it for some odd reason
    EDM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Im iPhone stupid.. ZiPhone is so easy its a joke... I would use iLiberty+ but it NEVER lets me put installer on it for some odd reason
    Pwnage it up

Thanks

Tryed is winpwn is so confusing............ Im still waiting on a guide i really dont wanna mess up my phone.
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

I've Jailbroken with ZiPhone about 5 times, and have never had a problem so... Yeah...

Well, anyways... I included all three in my kit so whichever you choose, if you use my kit, you're Safe Link in my signature.

Thanks

Keylogger^
    EDM