Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do Not Use ZiPhone

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0Xk9GJY_ho"]YouTube - Zibri (ZiPhone) interview on italian TV iPhone apple[/ame]
    Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0Xk9GJY_ho"]YouTube - Zibri (ZiPhone) interview on italian TV iPhone apple[/ame]
    mod edit, old signature removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im not defending zibri or his program, but before you go slander his program and say you have proof and "research", actually have some please. This is the problem with the internet, your earlier post quoting this statement -
    "Also:
    When you say that you can't see any problems, you need to keep an open mind and remind yourself of how little of the phone you can actually see. Stuff is working in your phone at a much deeper level than what is visible to an end user, right down to the foundations. When ZiPhone crashes through these foundations during jailbreak, the whole phone becomes unstable. You could go weeks, months even and nothing happens and you think it's all good. You just won't be able to see the damage until something does happen and your phone starts to collapse."
    This is not research, research has SOME burden of proof with it, something solid and concrete with results that can be repeatedly duplicated, but there is NO proof of anything in that statement.
    Ziphone may not be safe, but it is not responsible just to slander it without knowing what it does. If it messes with lockdownd files, activation files, and you want to "warn" people, the find out EXACTLY what it does. again, im not trying to start a flame warn, just please, please report things honestly and accuratly
    Last edited by coreymc; 05-26-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: bleh

3. The Following User Says Thank You to coreymc For This Useful Post:

Dash-2 (05-26-2008)

Thanks

I didn't say anything about research in my post
    I said it in an easy to understand manner

Read
    : Differences Between iLiberty+, iPlus And ZiPhone | George Zhu's BLOG

the other site where I had about an extra page and a half of proof is now down, sorry.

I've been posting links about ziphone to people for months, don't assume that this is my opinion.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

yawnnn this is getting boring now give this to zibri for me (_!_)
    Modmyifone IRC Channel:- irc.moofspeak.net #modmyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright so now I'm a little freaked. Guess I shoulda done more research before jailbreaking my phone. So restoring my phone should undo everything Ziphone did to it? I only did jailbreak not unlock. I'm an AT&T customer. Also, what is an effective and safe way to jailbreak my Iphone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLoggerhead View Post
    Alright so now I'm a little freaked. Guess I shoulda done more research before jailbreaking my phone. So restoring my phone should undo everything Ziphone did to it? I only did jailbreak not unlock. I'm an AT&T customer. Also, what is an effective and safe way to jailbreak my Iphone?
    Effects of ziphone can be reversed by a restore before the problem sets in, and either of the pwning tools are the safest method; they have the least use of the ramdisk.
    Last edited by dale1v; 05-26-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I just ran HWinfo on my iphone and I have bootloader 4.6_M3S2 on 1.1.3 (4A102), and I DID use ziphone 2.5c to jailbreak.

The phone was originally an 8G 1.1.4 with 4.6BL purchased new.

It was one of the first few phones to have 90+ apps fully working, including the two in my sig that were the harder ones for some people. I also used the boss tools partition method. So I am not quite certain about some of the things stated here, but I know mine is on the 4.6BL and the only program I have used is ziphone. (everything else besides the jailbreak was hand coded into the phone the hard way).

........... -----------> "?"
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

9. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

udipur (05-26-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coreymc View Post
    im not defending zibri or his program, but before you go slander his program and say you have proof and "research", actually have some please. This is the problem with the internet, your earlier post quoting this statement - This is not research, research has SOME burden of proof with it, something solid and concrete with results that can be repeatedly duplicated, but there is NO proof of anything in that statement.
    Ziphone may not be safe, but it is not responsible just to slander it without knowing what it does. If it messes with lockdownd files, activation files, and you want to "warn" people, the find out EXACTLY what it does. again, im not trying to start a flame warn, just please, please report things honestly and accuratly
    Im following what he said on that, and the rest is fact, ZiPhone's method DOES load up everything in the ramdisk, read the difference on iLiberty's site if you'd like proof.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I just ran HWinfo on my iphone and I have bootloader 4.6_M3S2 on 1.1.3 (4A102), and I DID use ziphone 2.5c to jailbreak.

The phone was originally an 8G 1.1.4 with 4.6BL purchased new.

It was one of the first few phones to have 90+ apps fully working, including the two in my sig that were the harder ones for some people. I also used the boss tools partition method. So I am not quite certain about some of the things stated here, but I know mine is on the 4.6BL and the only program I have used is ziphone. (everything else besides the jailbreak was hand coded into the phone the hard way).

........... -----------> "?"
    Only unlocks downgrade bootloader did you unlock?
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 05-26-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    iLiberty is really simple, i remember jailbreaking having to use command line so anything is simple now
    Ya, now that was a pain, lol. And trying to fix without the fixes, and having to use ssh and such. That's a blast....nope.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Only unlocks downgrade bootloader did you unlock?
    Then Ziphone is an excellent program, because it did exactly what I wanted to do to my ATT plan phone. ........not so excellent for unlockers.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Then Ziphone is an excellent program, because it did exactly what I wanted to do to my ATT plan phone. ........not so excellent for unlockers.
    i have at&t too and i have had all of my questions answered to make my phone how i want it, but i had 1 last question. if i just want to jailbreak my iphone so i can put apps on it, i dont need to unlock and activate it too, correct?

Thanks

Yes, it does jailbreak but its methodology is poor. Which is the main worry in the first place. 1-pass method JB is dangerous and not ideal.
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Here's a question:

I have ZiPhone unlocked/jailbroken iPhone v1.1.3 with plenty of apps configured and setup how I want, etc. The Youtube doesn't work and the phone freezes once in a while.

Is there a way to undo ZiPhone and start from scratch and re-unlock/re-jailbreakmy phone using the better methods?

And if so, is there a way to backup my current setup?

Green Apple
    Thanks

zibri has always been loyal 2 the iphone community.

the same cant be said about a few others....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devante View Post
    Here's a question:

I have ZiPhone unlocked/jailbroken iPhone v1.1.3 with plenty of apps configured and setup how I want, etc. The Youtube doesn't work and the phone freezes once in a while.

Is there a way to undo ZiPhone and start from scratch and re-unlock/re-jailbreakmy phone using the better methods?

And if so, is there a way to backup my current setup?
    didnt know bout this.. hmmm..

they say use pwn or iliberty but yah.. once you restore it, you should be fine.

i hope using iliberty would be easy as ziphone
    iPINOYP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hagge10 View Post

Such as?
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Such as?
    Agreed Zibri is a joke, he stole code which is why the limit of ziphone's abilities is about what you see now. Whereas iLiberty+ and pwnage are continuously improving and even go as far as to create fixes for phones that were bricked with ziphone.

Thanks

So basically for anything (jailbreaking, activating, and/or unlocking) Pwnage > iLiberty+ > ZiPhone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    So basically for anything (jailbreaking, activating, and/or unlocking) Pwnage > iLiberty+ > ZiPhone?
    Yes, in short just stay away from ZiPhone, im interested to see what will happen when 2.0 comes out, how many more phones he screws up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagge10 View Post

If you consider stealing buggy software, releasing it as his own, denying its problems, fixing its problems with more problems, lying on his site saying it hasn't bricked a single phone, loyal then yes he is amazing.

Like who?
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 05-27-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hmmm... I hear iDemocracy is based off of ZiPhone, but is way better developed. So I jailbroke using that. Is that okay?