Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do Not Use ZiPhone

so what is the wifi problem that we are talking about?

I have used ziphone since the first version till now and havent experience any problem at all. Everything works good after unlocked: wifi, youtube, mail, bluetooth.. I didnt even have to install those youtube fix or wifi fix..

It could be the phone somehow.. Like everyone seem to get that ibricker software to run, but my iphone never had a chance, bc it never detect my iphone and most of the times, it just freeze.. so I have never used ibricker...

Thanks

Its a overtime effect.. Its not gonna break it right away its gonna take sometime.

Some peoples wifi might break others might not.. guess its just a game of chance
    EDM

You can all show him up by just using iLiberty+. Works better IMHO.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Its a overtime effect.. Its not gonna break it right away its gonna take sometime.

Some peoples wifi might break others might not.. guess its just a game of chance
    nice sig you biter.. get your own style homo

Dang, I just saw this thread and got worried because I used ziphone a few months ago.

I'm pretty sure my iPhone is a 1.01 OTB (got it in Sept. last year), and it's currently running 1.1.4. What would I need to do start over using Winpwn (or something else), while not messing up my phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uncleguito View Post
    Dang, I just saw this thread and got worried because I used ziphone a few months ago.

I'm pretty sure my iPhone is a 1.01 OTB (got it in Sept. last year), and it's currently running 1.1.4. What would I need to do start over using Winpwn (or something else), while not messing up my phone?
    You need to sync your contacts first, then restore. Setup as a new phone and then use winpwn.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks for the notification, I was stressed with not being able to upgrade back on my 1.1.3 but I wont use this ZIPHONE Crap. I did have a bad feeling from all the spam around the internet on it. If its spammed you know somethings up....

hey….my phone is probably 1.0.2 otb……i bought it last october….
    i was of the same impression and ignorance…..ive used ziphone before and it worked fine for me…..why shouldnt i use it now…
    well i was on 1.1.1 for ages and all was fine….that was how i got my phone and i never messed with it so all was good…..after about 7 months the phone became super unstable (which could be because of the 46 apps i had installed) so i had to restore it and when i did i updated to 1.1.4
    now, previously, i had used ziphone on a couple of my friends’ phones and it all worked fine….this was when ziphone came out with the 1.1.2 otb unlock and jailbreak solution and all were hailing ziphone…..and it worked beautifully.
    so i thought to myself….it should work fine for me this time too…what with all the fixes and the new version. so i used ziphone….and lo and behold…..my wifi doesnt work….
    i restored the phone….used iliberty, used pwnage, used ziphone again, used ibilerty again….(all done while restoring the phone every time)….and my wifi still does not work…..IT ISNT GREYED OUT….i can select and and turn the wifi option off and on….but when i turn it on it never finds the wifi signals…..
    is there ANY way i can fix this…..????? please help me out….
    im on a 3.9 bootloader, i fakeblanked it, i upgraded to 4.6, came back to 3.9….tried all of that…..
    nothing worked…..
    im a bit of a noob when it comes to open ssh-ing or accessing my phone via windows….so if the solution involves that…..please be very very very EXTREMELY detailed in your solution…..treat me like a monkey i say!
    any help would be majorly appreciated.

also….ur saying that if it works for you (ziphone), then no need to restore….after reading this post and a couple of similar ones on mmi, i cant help but feel that my phone will become unstable again….its simply a matter of time…..so by using iliberty or pwnage can i reverse whatever ziphone did?? is it wise to do so???

p.s i have read bazillions of posts and tried a gazillion things...nothing seems to work...which is why im posting about my wifi issue again, n after a point when i reply to the solution posts that poeple give, they (whoever is replying/trying to help) stop replying to the thread which is very annoying....please bear with me...
    thank you so much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damien6 View Post
    hey….my phone is probably 1.0.2 otb……i bought it last october….
    i was of the same impression and ignorance…..ive used ziphone before and it worked fine for me…..why shouldnt i use it now…
    well i was on 1.1.1 for ages and all was fine….that was how i got my phone and i never messed with it so all was good…..after about 7 months the phone became super unstable (which could be because of the 46 apps i had installed) so i had to restore it and when i did i updated to 1.1.4
    now, previously, i had used ziphone on a couple of my friends’ phones and it all worked fine….this was when ziphone came out with the 1.1.2 otb unlock and jailbreak solution and all were hailing ziphone…..and it worked beautifully.
    so i thought to myself….it should work fine for me this time too…what with all the fixes and the new version. so i used ziphone….and lo and behold…..my wifi doesnt work….
    i restored the phone….used iliberty, used pwnage, used ziphone again, used ibilerty again….(all done while restoring the phone every time)….and my wifi still does not work…..IT ISNT GREYED OUT….i can select and and turn the wifi option off and on….but when i turn it on it never finds the wifi signals…..
    is there ANY way i can fix this…..????? please help me out….
    im on a 3.9 bootloader, i fakeblanked it, i upgraded to 4.6, came back to 3.9….tried all of that…..
    nothing worked…..
    im a bit of a noob when it comes to open ssh-ing or accessing my phone via windows….so if the solution involves that…..please be very very very EXTREMELY detailed in your solution…..treat me like a monkey i say!
    any help would be majorly appreciated.

also….ur saying that if it works for you (ziphone), then no need to restore….after reading this post and a couple of similar ones on mmi, i cant help but feel that my phone will become unstable again….its simply a matter of time…..so by using iliberty or pwnage can i reverse whatever ziphone did?? is it wise to do so???

p.s i have read bazillions of posts and tried a gazillion things...nothing seems to work...which is why im posting about my wifi issue again, n after a point when i reply to the solution posts that poeple give, they (whoever is replying/trying to help) stop replying to the thread which is very annoying....please bear with me...
    thank you so much
    Go to settings general about and read me what it says after wifi.
    And is it grayed out? If so try the dev teams swifi fix, make sure you follow instructions on their website before. And run ibooter to make sure you have the problem, its on their site. Google iphone dev team.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Do no use ZiPhone/ absolutely Bul**it

i want say don`t use PWNAGE Tool, because it is little be crapy, phone after pwnage start to slow down and batery for some reasons dry down faster... great are BootNeuter, GREAT App!

About ZiPhone nothing bad... all writed from this poster is something amazing stupid
    i don`t cnow from where he gets facts, but i think too much dreaming and philosophing is too baad for you, too bad
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Thanks

Well this thread has reached the end. cosmoLV, no, just....no.

Closed
    Last edited by dale1v; 07-05-2008 at 03:15 PM.
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

Jm57922 (04-16-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoLV View Post
    Do no use ZiPhone/ absolutely Bul**it

i want say don`t use PWNAGE Tool, because it is little be crapy, phone after pwnage start to slow down and batery for some reasons dry down faster... great are BootNeuter, GREAT App!

About ZiPhone nothing bad... all writed from this poster is something amazing stupid
    i don`t cnow from where he gets facts, but i think too much dreaming and philosophing is too baad for you, too bad
    ZiPhone has a higher risk of dead wifi/bt/edge. Facts are from dev team and dale. Get over it.

I think this thread has run its course.
    CLOSED.

Thanks for an interesting post DoerrFan.

I have used ZiPhone and have had no problems so far, must also say that I loved the easy one-click way.

What if you are right and Zibri has done very bad things to my iPhone. Would a restore in iTunes get me back to scratch? Will probably have to restore before installing 2.0 firmware in a while anyways...

Thanks

what the hell who opened this up again?
    Last edited by dale1v; 07-06-2008 at 05:42 PM.
    [/RIGHT]

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011