+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLiberty+

is a discussion within the

iLiberty

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iLiberty+
    Hi. I have heard that iliberty+ is much better to use than ziPhone, (something to do with the bootloader, and steve jobs not tearing up your warranty and force feeding it to you with a soup spoon) but I just need to know something.
    I have just ordered my 8 gig iphone off ebay for 260 (like $523) and it's sealed and not unlocked. My plan (after a lot of reading and help from this site (thanks guys)) is to put it in recovery mode, then 'recover' to latest firmware. Then use ilibertty+ to unlock activate jailbreak etc.
    Is that ok?
    Also: do I need to have itunes open whilst iliberty+ sorts out my iPhone? Or is that just the case with ZiPhone.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 04-07-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks

Thats the right way, although I dont think that you have to restore a OOB 1.1.4

Just connect to your computer, start iLiberty, select your options and payloads and click Go for it!

Dont worry about iTunes, doesnt matter at all when you use iLiberty.

I simply had to restart my iTunes after iLiberty was through with the unlocking, jailbreaking and activating.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

Hope that helps.

Keep us posted.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Thats the right way, although I dont think that you have to restore a OOB 1.1.4

Just connect to your computer, start iLiberty, select your options and payloads and click Go for it!

Dont worry about iTunes, doesnt matter at all when you use iLiberty.

I simply had to restart my iTunes after iLiberty was through with the unlocking, jailbreaking and activating.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

Hope that helps.

Keep us posted.
    Thanks for confirming this for me. And how can I tell if it is 1.1.4 out the box? I didn't know they were 1.1.4 otb, I always preusmed they would have old fw's on them. Thanks again

Thanks

You can determine it by the serial no on the backside of the box. It has something to do with the production week of the phone.

Other than that, do the iLiberty unlock, jailbreak, activate and check the settings/general/about there it will show you the version(Firmware) should be 1.1.4(4A102) in case of a OOB 1.1.4

Thanks

Just to clarify, using iLiberty will also result in steve jobs tearing up your warranty and force feeding it to you with a soup spoon. Both are contingent on Apple finding out you've fiddled with your iPhone. And Ziphone does not downgrade your bootloader, unless you tell it to.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Just to clarify, using iLiberty will also result in steve jobs tearing up your warranty and force feeding it to you with a soup spoon. Both are contingent on Apple finding out you've fiddled with your iPhone. And Ziphone does not downgrade your bootloader, unless you tell it to.
    Right, warranty is broken anyway.

But if you click do it all(what most users did) on ziphone your BL will be 3.9

Green Apple
    Thanks

One thing I don't understand...when you click refurbish in ZiPhone, iLiberty says that it permanently changes it to 3.9...

But with PwnageTool out, couldn't you use bootneuter to reflash the 4.6? =/ Or am i missing something? I was never a hardware person (software)

Thanks

Ziphone downgrades your 4.6 BL to a 3.9 BL(only reversible by hardware testpoint ATM), iLiberty and PWNED! are using the 3.9 FakeBlank BL which is reversible(upgradeable) to 4.6 BL in case that you must bring your phone to Apple.

This are the most important differences.

AFAIK it is not possible to upgrade the Ziphoned 3.9 BL to a 4.6 BL using Bootneuter.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i jailbreaked my iphone using iliberty+ and everythings seems to be working ok but i dont have the installer. i have cydia but no installer. how can i get it on my phone??