Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Stitch Your SHSH Blobs to a Firmware File

Default [How To] Stitch Your SHSH Blobs to a Firmware File

With iOS 6 on the horizon, it’s important that you keep a restorable firmware for iOS 5.1.1 so that you can restore to it through iTunes even when Apple stops signing iOS 5.1.1. This will guarantee you an untethered jailbreak as we patiently wait for iOS hackers to work their magic on iOS 6 once it is released to the public.

This guide is intended for moderate level jailbreakers and will show you how to stitch your SHSH blobs to your current firmware.

To complete this guide, you will need:
    1. redsn0w 0.9.14b2
    2. Your iOS 5.1.1 firmware file

Step 1: To begin, plug your jailbroken iOS device into your computer, launch redsn0w, and click on the Extras button as indicated below:

Step 2: The next thing you are going to want to do is click on the SHSH blobs button:

Step 3: Now you will want to click on the Stitch button:

Step 4: Once you get to the menu below, enter DFU mode on your device by holding down the home and sleep buttons for ten seconds, then release the sleep button while continuing to hold the home button until redsn0w says you're in DFU mode. Now you can click on the IPSW button and find your device's firmware file on your computer. After you finish with that and your device is in DFU mode, click on the Cydia button to retrieve your SHSH blobs from Cydia:

Step 5: After you click the Cydia button, you will be forced to wait a few minutes as your blobs are saved and then stitched into the firmware file you selected. As shown below, redsn0w will tell you when it's finished and also tell you the directory where your stitched firmware file is saved at:

Step 6: Go to the directory it showed you and you will find a firmware file with a strange numeric name. This is the file you will use for restoring your iOS device from now on (Pro-tip: you may rename this file anything that makes it easier to remember):

To use this file, you will need to put your iOS device into pwned DFU mode (through redsn0w) and then select your stitched file from iTunes when restoring by holding down the Option key and clicking restore (Mac) or holding down the Shift key and clicking restore (Windows). Even if Apple is no longer signing iOS 5.1.1, the restore will work because your SHSH blobs and APTicket are both stitched into this firmware file.

It is recommended that you perform this stitching feature with every one of your iOS devices that you like to have jailbroken.

Stitching SHSH blobs to a firmware file only works on A4 and older iOS devices. This will not work on the newer iOS devices such as the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, and the new iPad.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-20-2013 at 05:52 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

2k1 (09-13-2012), blkcadi (09-19-2012), eratoc (09-22-2012), longhornfan (10-24-2012), PURE XTC (04-08-2013), Simon (01-17-2013), SYDNK (09-13-2012), Trooper Sam (09-16-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I am on 5.0.1 do I need to get that firmware or do I need to upgrade to 5.1.1 first then follow this guide using 5.1.1?

it says cant find my blob on cydia!? i know my 5.1.1 blob is on cydia it appears on the list of saved blobs

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I would do this for 5.0.1 then upgrade to 5.1.1 and the. You can always downgrade back to 5.0.1 if ya like.

Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    If I am on 5.0.1 do I need to get that firmware or do I need to upgrade to 5.1.1 first then follow this guide using 5.1.1?
    Same question from me too. I stayed on 5.0.1 because I didn't see much benefit in going to 5.1.1

nice guide, easy to follow, worked on the first try. thanks. this is something pretty important that people should remember to do!

it's the same processes, but you might as well update anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    this procedure would back up 5.0.1, just download the firmware for that. or it would create a 5.1.1 file without even having it loaded. it's only extracting what it needs from your device to get your shsh information from cydia. BUT apple needs to still be signing the firmware you're looking for if cydia doesn't already have it cached. so if cydia doesn't have your 5.0.1, there's no way to get it signed and stitched to create that custom firmware.

you should get 5.1.1 now before apple stops signing it next week after 6 is released!

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

have i missed something here ? Does Tiny no longer back up your Blobs ?

im using custom firmware to preserve my baseband, so should i use the custom firmware as selected firmware for the process?? and secondly, i have backed up my SHSH Blobs locally as well as in Cydia.. do i still need to do this or i still can use my saved SHSH Blobs to downgrade if necessary using tinyumbrella... nevertheless i wont be updating to iOS6 tho until stable jailbreak comes out.. .. remember good things come to those who wait

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

keep getting this Created personalized IPSW cannot close compressed file in IPSW

any one now why.....

Banned
    Thanks

Very nice tutorial.
    Just did all my iDevices.

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Tells me the 4S is not able to do it. What gives?

Will this work for the 4s? Is there a tutrorial on how to rollback for the 4s?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

This will not work with 4S.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    This will not work with 4S.
    why would this not work for the 4s? it should just fine. it works just fine on an ipad 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    have i missed something here ? Does Tiny no longer back up your Blobs ?
    tiny does. but to restore using tiny you have to run its proxy server. this would skip having to run the proxy. whatever floats your boat.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

I assume this only works on the iPhone 4 and below? Not the 4S?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBojank View Post
    I assume this only works on the iPhone 4 and below? Not the 4S?
    OK, after some messing around, it worked on my iPhone4S. It will not fetch & submit blobs to the Cydia server. It did however stitch my restore file with no issues after I sorted it all out. My iPad & iPhone4 worked as shown above with no issues.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They should really let people know that the 4S is still not supported when in comes to getting your SHSH Bloobs.

They should really let people know that this still doesn't work for the 4S, so no SHSH Bloobs for us 4S users.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Dobb For This Useful Post:

nicoand (09-14-2012)

What's Jailbreak? faith_delacerna's Avatar
    Thanks

It worked perfectly on my iPhone 4s iOS 5.1.1.. No error whatsoever on my first try.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast