Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Stitch Your SHSH Blobs to a Firmware File

Im not sure if when is the last time this method worked, is it before the release of the ios 6? my iDevice is iphone 4, an A4 device, right? stitching shsh blob worked, but using it for restore, dont. i tried it twice.

Regarding about "cant exit recovery mode", i tried using Redsnow -> Extras -> Recovery Fix. And i tried to re-jailbroke with Redsnow also.

After escaping recovery mode, it seems like im restored, but i dont trust it since i got an error -1, and i know its not completed.

So, i still want to restore it to 5.1.1 properly, if theres only a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    The other day I upgraded my iPhone 4 to IOS6. Didn't like it so I restored back to 5.1.1.
    I had to use the original 5.1.1 as this patched version kept failing when I tried.
    when was that? Have you successfully restored by using the original ios 5.1.1? Coz i can't, i think, since the last weekend, or should i say, from the release of ios 6 or from the time i upgraded itunes. From then, all FAILS.
    Last edited by zeneleven; 09-26-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,546 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeneleven View Post
    Im not sure if when is the last time this method worked, is it before the release of the ios 6? my iDevice is iphone 4, an A4 device, right? stitching shsh blob worked, but using it for restore, dont. i tried it twice.

Regarding about "cant exit recovery mode", i tried using Redsnow -> Extras -> Recovery Fix. And i tried to re-jailbroke with Redsnow also.

After escaping recovery mode, it seems like im restored, but i dont trust it since i got an error -1, and i know its not completed.

So, i still want to restore it to 5.1.1 properly, if theres only a way to do it.

when was that? Have you successfully restored by using the original ios 5.1.1? Coz i can't, i think, since the last weekend, or should i say, from the release of ios 6 or from the time i upgraded itunes. From then, all FAILS.
    Error 1 just means your baseband couldnt be downgraded. That is normal for downgrading unless you were to take your stitched firmware and then feed that into redsnow to make a stitched no baseband firmware. Then you wouldnt get error 1. But you can also just do what you did and use recovery fix and should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Error 1 just means your baseband couldnt be downgraded. That is normal for downgrading unless you were to take your stitched firmware and then feed that into redsnow to make a stitched no baseband firmware. Then you wouldnt get error 1. But you can also just do what you did and use recovery fix and should be fine.
    So, the restore is properly fine?.. then, thats good to hear. New question, because one of the reason why i want to restore is that i accidentally deleted Dictionaries folder in my file system, and dont have backup for that, thinking that, that would be the reason why siri is not talking??? But after the restore, there still no Dictionaries.

since I'm selling my 4S, and its on 5.1.1 and jailbroken right now....before i mail it to the new buyer....whats the BEST way to make sure its as clean and free of my personal information as possible? i removed all apps, accounts, cydia tweaks sources etc. However, my cydia when i search say "ifile" shows that the packages is still officially purchased even though i'm not logged into cydia through google or facebook. how can i make it so it doesn't show my packages as paid? also...if i click on "reset all settings" in the reset tab in the settings app, will that do anything helpful as far as removing anything i might want removed that i dont know is still in the phone? or will it send it into a boot loop? I DON'T want to upgrade it to iOS6 because i'm selling it as 5.1.1 jailbroken on eBay, and i have the official unlock from AT&T on it as well. So basically summing this up: i want my 4S to stay jailbroken on 5.1.1....BUT i want it as if i just restored it fresh and jailbroke it, ie: no info left on it anymore, anywhere. and if possible cydia cleaned out so it doesn't show paid packages as officially purchased and installable for the new buyer. thanks!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9577588
    Precious Metals: Gold & Platinum Now Available on Cydia & Rock! Download now!
    PM me for additional details or look on page 346 post #5185

Precious Metal Glyph Icon PSDs (Click to Download)

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    since I'm selling my 4S, and its on 5.1.1 and jailbroken right now....before i mail it to the new buyer....whats the BEST way to make sure its as clean and free of my personal information as possible? i removed all apps, accounts, cydia tweaks sources etc. However, my cydia when i search say "ifile" shows that the packages is still officially purchased even though i'm not logged into cydia through google or facebook. how can i make it so it doesn't show my packages as paid? also...if i click on "reset all settings" in the reset tab in the settings app, will that do anything helpful as far as removing anything i might want removed that i dont know is still in the phone? or will it send it into a boot loop? I DON'T want to upgrade it to iOS6 because i'm selling it as 5.1.1 jailbroken on eBay, and i have the official unlock from AT&T on it as well. So basically summing this up: i want my 4S to stay jailbroken on 5.1.1....BUT i want it as if i just restored it fresh and jailbroke it, ie: no info left on it anymore, anywhere. and if possible cydia cleaned out so it doesn't show paid packages as officially purchased and installable for the new buyer. thanks!
    The way I always do it is a restore to that latest jail broken iOS version using TinyUmbrella and the blobs for that version of iOS with its IPSW file. Basically with the Tiny Umbrella server running in that application it changes the hosts file on your PC so that gs.apple.com instead points to the Tiny Umbrella service running as if it were Apple's server so with the blob it says " ok you are good to restore to is device". In iTunes you shift + click restore button and select the IPSW file for that version you are restoring to. You will have to first craft a customized IPSW file though that preserves your baseband for the unlock I believe. I can't remember if UltraSn0w does that or some other utility.

Once restored to that version I know everything is clean ( obviously don't load a backup from your iTunes or iCloud). Then I jailbreak it and put it up for sale. I'll be needing to do this process soon with my iPhone 4. It's worked out from selling our older phones though I goofed on the baseband part recently with my wife's old iPhone 4 (oops forgot), but the buyer was going wiser carrier it was on anyway.

but does that work on a iPhone 4S?^

I don't see why it wouldn't. And don't use the option in settings to clear everything. It will put your phone into a boot loop. That happened to me when I first tried it on my iPhone 3G when I was upgrading to the iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't. And don't use the option in settings to clear everything. It will put your phone into a boot loop. That happened to me when I first tried it on my iPhone 3G when I was upgrading to the iPhone 4.
    It wont work on a 4S for a number of reasons. The biggest being that restoring to a stitched firmware requires pwned DFU, which requires a bootrom exploit like limera1n, which doesn't work on a 4S.

The way I always do it is a restore to that latest jail broken iOS version using TinyUmbrella and the blobs for that version of iOS with its IPSW file. Basically with the Tiny Umbrella server running in that application it changes the hosts file on your PC so that gs.apple.com instead points to the Tiny Umbrella service running as if it were Apple's server so with the blob it says " ok you are good to restore to is device". In iTunes you shift + click restore button and select the IPSW file for that version you are restoring to. You will have to first craft a customized IPSW file though that preserves your baseband for the unlock I believe. I can't remember if UltraSn0w does that or some other utility.

Once restored to that version I know everything is clean ( obviously don't load a backup from your iTunes or iCloud). Then I jailbreak it and put it up for sale. I'll be needing to do this process soon with my iPhone 4. It's worked out from selling our older phones though I goofed on the baseband part recently with my wife's old iPhone 4 (oops forgot), but the buyer was going wiser carrier it was on anyway.
    This method of running the TSS server to restore has not worked on any device since 5.0. It will still work for firmwares 4.3.5 and lower.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

and you didn't believe ma after all these years Rook. lmao.

Eh...oh well lol

It wont work on a 4S for a number of reasons. The biggest being that restoring to a stitched firmware requires pwned DFU, which requires a bootrom exploit like limera1n, which doesn't work on a 4S.

This method of running the TSS server to restore has not worked on any device since 5.0. It will still work for firmwares 4.3.5 and lower.
    So same question then as iphonerookie ....
    I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1 on it that I want to sell... can I not restore it to 5.0.1 using the blob I saved for it when Apple was still signing? Or do I have to restore to 4.3.5 only? I too want to sell off a completely cleaned off iPhone without any personal stuff\remnants on it. Obviously I want to sell it jailbreakable still.
    I didn't realize the method I'd been using all these years no longer works or I'd of put 5.1.1 on it when Apple was still signing and jailbroke. Cydia saved 5.1.1 blob, as well as SHSHit app on the phone too. What's the point in saving those as it sounds like I can't use them? Is that what this stitching business is for?

^
    Hmmm.. this post says TinyUmbrella method still works. Now I am confused!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/how-jailbre...ml#post6676455
    Last edited by bencjedi; 09-30-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks

Huh?
    You are in the thread you just linked to. And it is not the tiny umbrella method of restoring. The first post in this thread shows you how you can restore to 5.1.1 with your shsh and it has nothing to do with tiny umbrella (except for actually saving your shsh).

Am I missing something here?

Huh?
    You are in the thread you just linked to. And it is not the tiny umbrella method of restoring. The first post in this thread shows you how you can restore to 5.1.1 with your shsh and it has nothing to do with tiny umbrella (except for actually saving your shsh).

Am I missing something here?
    The link takes you to post #16 by scottjl in the thread. And yes it would have helped had I read the first post. I skipped to the end of the thread and answered the question by iphonerookie inaccurately. My apologies for the trouble\confusion. I guess I had better RTFM next time.

Thanks

The link takes you to post #16 by scottjl in the thread. And yes it would have helped had I read the first post. I skipped to the end of the thread and answered the question by iphonerookie inaccurately. My apologies for the trouble\confusion. I guess I had better RTFM next time.
    Oh, ya, didnt even click the link myself. Just saw that it was this thread so wondered what the confusion was about since it is all outlined in the first post. scottjl was wrong with his post, at least as far as 5.X firmwares are concerned (and the 4S).

Hi i was wondering if i were to downgrade will this update my baseband?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

No it won't mess with ya baseband downgrading only upgrading.

yeah, i dont think so..

Hey guys i used this method to go from 4.2.1 to 5.1.1. should i go to 6.1.2? or stay on 5.1.1?

will the stitch work for 6.x.x ispw's?

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PURE XTC View Post
    Hey guys i used this method to go from 4.2.1 to 5.1.1. should i go to 6.1.2? or stay on 5.1.1?

will the stitch work for 6.x.x ispw's?

thanks
    The stitch method does still work but only if you saved your shsh with redsnow or ifaith. If you only have 6.1.2 shsh in Cydia then chances are they are not good. Ifaith can tell you if your shsh are good or not.

ran i faith, the 6.1 and 601 are not good it says, the rest from 4.3.3 till end of 5 are good.

Ran latest Redsn0w, said Cydia has all latest blobs and nothing to do.
    Last edited by PURE XTC; 04-08-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast