Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 481

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [HOW TO] Jailbreak Your iOS 5.1.1 Device With Absinthe 2

  1. #401
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,050
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Where did you download absinthe from
    Www.greenpois0n.com ?
    They have a link for the 4s phone and link for the iPhone and iPods also. Just checking to make sure ya got the right link.

  2. #402
    I got it from the link where it says jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 under the link for a windows computer.

  3. #403
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,050
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Use that site I said and try that link out.

  4. #404
    I downloaded it from greenpoison.com

  5. #405
    When I click jailbreak on absinthe the program closes down. Anyone else has this problem

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffphone View Post
    When I click jailbreak on absinthe the program closes down. Anyone else has this problem
    Make sure you're running Absinthe as administrator.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  7. #407
    I have Iphone 4 with IOS 5.1.1 I used absinthe to jailbreak it, all was well, now I can't use data unless I use wifi, and I can't access MMS at all, I have been all over the internet searching and found 1000's of diff ways tried a few, no success with any of it. Anybody know how to fix this? Plz help! I am new to this forum but from all the ones I have looked at it seemed to have the most up to date & reliable info so far..thanks

    Oh probaby should have told you that this was an AT&T phone now I have switched it over to a Straight Talk phone by using a sim card from straight talk..

    Here are two errors I am getting inside of Cydia whenever I try to install a program
    1. Subprocess post-instalation script returned error exit status 255
    2. Subprocess/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

    Any idea what that means? It will not let anything install completely, I have downloaded it from Greenpoinson.com and a couple other sites thinking the download was bad, but couldn't be from that many diff sites....I need help & lots of it!!!
    Last edited by Im4gv45; 08-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Im4gv45 View Post
    I have Iphone 4 with IOS 5.1.1 I used absinthe to jailbreak it, all was well, now I can't use data unless I use wifi, and I can't access MMS at all, I have been all over the internet searching and found 1000's of diff ways tried a few, no success with any of it. Anybody know how to fix this? Plz help! I am new to this forum but from all the ones I have looked at it seemed to have the most up to date & reliable info so far..thanks

    Oh probaby should have told you that this was an AT&T phone now I have switched it over to a Straight Talk phone by using a sim card from straight talk..

    Here are two errors I am getting inside of Cydia whenever I try to install a program
    1. Subprocess post-instalation script returned error exit status 255
    2. Subprocess/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

    Any idea what that means? It will not let anything install completely, I have downloaded it from Greenpoinson.com and a couple other sites thinking the download was bad, but couldn't be from that many diff sites....I need help & lots of it!!!
    Make sure your Cydia is refreshed, errors can occur if it's not.

    As far as no MMS and data, this should help you:

    Data:

    - Place the Straight Talk Sim into the iPhone
    - Connect to the internet via wireless on the iPhone
    - Go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone (on the iPhone) and Choose United States, Straight Talk and install the Profile
    - Cellular Data Works

    MMS (Requires jailbreak)

    Install TetherMe from Cydia and you can go into the Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Settings Menu and Edit them as below:

    Cellular Data
    APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS
    APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
    MMS Max Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL:

    That should do it.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  9. #409
    Ok have already done the Unlockit, but I do not have the "Cellular Data Works" option under the network tab?? Also I did try to install Tetherme in Cydia, but got the exact same errors I gave you before, I get them on every attempt to install anything in Cydia,
    Here are two errors I am getting inside of Cydia whenever I try to install a program
    1. Subprocess post-instalation script returned error exit status 255
    2. Subprocess/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

    Then Cydia gives me the option to remove or reinstall, if I choose to reinstall, it does the exact same thing, I can't find a way to get rid of it, I have restored and reinstalled it several times, going all the way to erasing everything on my phone to factory to make sure it wasn't a piece of something left from previous install...Any idea? I am new to this, but I have put in hours of research, but I haven't come up with anyone that has come up with these errors, have you seen them before? Any help will be greatly appreciated, I could live with not being able to use data without wifi, it is not very often I am without wifi, but would really like to be able to use the programs in Cydia, especially since I just paid $5 for the Tetherme and now it won't install!!!! HELP ME!!! PLZ>>>>>

  10. #410
    OK, Subprocess/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) can be caused by 2 things:

    1. Your do not have enough free root partion space, you can actually fix this though.

    2. I know 100% that this can be caused by "certain packages" that I cannot mention here. Do you have any of those "certain packages"?

    Could question #2 be the case by chance?
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  11. #411
    Hello, I'm new to the iPhone world and not very tech savvy. Can someone tell me how to jailbreak my iPhone 4s os 5.1.1? Thanks!

  12. #412
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,050
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Greenposi0n.com and git the absinthe for the 4s it should be 2.0.4

  13. #413

  14. #414
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,050
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Yep laptop is fine

  15. #415
    iPhoneaholic AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Does anyone know if there's going to be a Fix for those who updated to Mountain Lion on their Macs? i can't jailbreak my iPad because of that.

  16. #416
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,050
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Try this out should work fine for ya.

    http://absinthejailbreak.org/how-to-...in-lion-video/

  17. #417
    Sorry I might have missed this but can I update from 4.3 to 5.1.1 and JB with Absinthe if I'm using a Gevey Sim to unlock the Iphone 4?

  18. #418
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,050
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Yes you can need to make a custom firmware with snow breeze. Dont update untill ya preserve that basband.

  19. #419
    NEED HELP!!!! When I plug in my phone and turn on absinthe it says 'Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)'. I have reset the phone and tried it again but that didn't do anything. Can someone please help me??? Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

    oh and i am using the iphone 4s 5.1.1 on a mac.

    NEED HELP!!!! I am jailbreaking an iphone 4s 5.1.1 on a mac. When I plug in my phone and turn on absinthe it says 'Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)'. I have reset the phone and tried it again but that didn't do anything. Can someone please help me??? Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by wildbabe222; 08-30-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbabe222 View Post
    NEED HELP!!!! When I plug in my phone and turn on absinthe it says 'Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)'. I have reset the phone and tried it again but that didn't do anything. Can someone please help me??? Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

    oh and i am using the iphone 4s 5.1.1 on a mac.

    NEED HELP!!!! I am jailbreaking an iphone 4s 5.1.1 on a mac. When I plug in my phone and turn on absinthe it says 'Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)'. I have reset the phone and tried it again but that didn't do anything. Can someone please help me??? Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!
    Why don't we stop yelling and not use big red font? OK?

    Anyways, this is a known bug. Make sure your Absinthe is up to date. If it isn't, update it and try again. If that still doesn't work, resetting all content and settings or restoring is known to fix the issue.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •