Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 481

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [HOW TO] Jailbreak Your iOS 5.1.1 Device With Absinthe 2

  1. #361
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,667
    Thanks
    7,454
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 7,485 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffphone View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 and when I use absinthe jailbreak it says my phone is an iPhone 3,3. Any one else have this issue?
    I would assume it is because you have a CDMA iPhone 4.

  2. #362
    How would I jailbreak a CDMA iPhone 4 running on 5.1.1?

  3. #363
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,667
    Thanks
    7,454
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 7,485 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffphone View Post
    How would I jailbreak a CDMA iPhone 4 running on 5.1.1?
    this

    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Try using Redsn0w instead.

  4. #364
    I can't run absinthe on my laptop running with Windows Vista SP2.
    It always said it must be run on administrator mode.
    I am administrator, even try with right click and then choose "run with administrator" and also set compatibility to XP didn't help.
    Is this a common problem??
    I use redsn0w instead for jailbreaking because of that.

  5. #365
    I've never heard of this issue before, but I would try re-installing it.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  6. #366
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,667
    Thanks
    7,454
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 7,485 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    I've never heard of this issue before, but I would try re-installing it.
    Re-installing what?

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Re-installing what?
    Absinthe...

    Back when I actually used Redsn0w this happened to me and reinstalling/updating it fixed it.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  8. #368
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,667
    Thanks
    7,454
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 7,485 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Absinthe...

    Back when I actually used Redsn0w this happened to me and reinstalling/updating it fixed it.
    Absinthe and redsnow are stand-alone applications. There is nothing to re-install...

  9. #369
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,027
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Absinthe...

    Back when I actually used Redsn0w this happened to me and reinstalling/updating it fixed it.
    Shakes head

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Shakes head
    Did you really need to say that? Simon corrected me, I think that's enough. I said try updating it too, so I was somewhat right...
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  11. #371
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,667
    Thanks
    7,454
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 7,485 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by britpoper View Post
    I can't run absinthe on my laptop running with Windows Vista SP2.
    It always said it must be run on administrator mode.
    I am administrator, even try with right click and then choose "run with administrator" and also set compatibility to XP didn't help.
    Is this a common problem??
    I use redsn0w instead for jailbreaking because of that.
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
    Hi, I have the latest iTunes installed in my laptop.
    Also already tried re-downloading, re-extracting, etc, etc any other solutions I can think of, absinthe just can't running on my laptop
    redsn0w work with only the first try though.
    iPhone 4S 16GB 5.1.1 Jailbroken with redsn0w + New iPad 4G + WiFi 64GB 5.1.1 unJailbroken

  13. #373
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,667
    Thanks
    7,454
    Thanked 16,400 Times in 7,485 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by britpoper View Post
    Hi, I have the latest iTunes installed in my laptop.
    Also already tried re-downloading, re-extracting, etc, etc any other solutions I can think of, absinthe just can't running on my laptop
    redsn0w work with only the first try though.
    Ok, so just use redsnow then if you said that works fine. They do the same thing so it doesn't really matter which one you use.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by britpoper View Post
    Hi, I have the latest iTunes installed in my laptop.
    Also already tried re-downloading, re-extracting, etc, etc any other solutions I can think of, absinthe just can't running on my laptop
    redsn0w work with only the first try though.
    Not exactly sure why you cant run absinthe

    I can run it just fine on my Windows Vista Virtual Machine

    You may be able to right-click and Run it as an administrator, but maybe you're not logged in as the Administrator, maybe as a regular user, but if you are then I'm not sure

    but at least you got it working with redsn0w

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ok, so just use redsnow then if you said that works fine. They do the same thing so it doesn't really matter which one you use.
    Yes, I know.
    I post only by curiosity to find out whether this is a common problem or only me that experienced this kind of problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Not exactly sure why you cant run absinthe

    I can run it just fine on my Windows Vista Virtual Machine

    You may be able to right-click and Run it as an administrator, but maybe you're not logged in as the Administrator, maybe as a regular user, but if you are then I'm not sure

    but at least you got it working with redsn0w
    I did all of that.
    Oh well, maybe there's something wrong in my system that I unaware of :/
    iPhone 4S 16GB 5.1.1 Jailbroken with redsn0w + New iPad 4G + WiFi 64GB 5.1.1 unJailbroken

  16. #376
    My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    ANYONE Having issue JAILBreaking with Mountain Lion 10.8?. I downloaded BOTH redsnow AND Ab..but redsnow says it's not able to jail my iPad running 5.1.1 and neither can Ab. When i look @ the system requirements it says for Mac 10.7, so does this mean i need to wait for an update that will allow my to jail break while using 10.8?
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.


    Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

  17. #377
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,027
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Did my wife's on my Mac with no issues.

  18. #378
    I'm having an issue where Absinthe will not open using Mountain Lion. Has Apple done something to the OS?

  19. #379
    Absinthe 2.0.4 is not yet updated for Mountain Lion, but you can use this little trick to use it on there (this is only a temporary fix until the official version comes out)

    Run Absinthe 2.0.4 Jailbreak on Mountain Lion | Absinthe Jailbreak

    Absinthe 2.0.4 is not yet updated for Mountain Lion, but you can use this little trick to use it on there (this is only a temporary fix until the official version comes out)

    Run Absinthe 2.0.4 Jailbreak on Mountain Lion | Absinthe Jailbreak
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

    AKCHRIS (09-07-2012)

  21. #380
    Works great thanks

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •