Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)

i've recently jailbroken my device but there seems to be no pictures in camera roll or even when take one they dont save to camera roll.
    ive tried to run jailbreak agen as it says it not finished n the reviews and all i get is already jailbroken, so i try to fully restore my device to restart jailbreak from scratch and all i get is error 11 and 21 how can i resolve this problem plz help any 1 and great work pod2g and rest of the dream team much appriciated lovin the jailbreak on my 4s finally just want everything running perfect

Quote Originally Posted by TotalKore View Post
    tried it, even after reading a lot of forum posts where things didn't work properly, or work at all. for me, didn't work. kept saying preparing jailbreak for about 30mins. before i started i wiped my phone. jb'd enough older i-devices, but this doens't seem to do the trick for me. restoring it now, waiting for a more stable jb tool. this is no bashing-post, just saying it didn't work for me. hope others do have more luck. and for the ones that did get a jailbroken phone after using absynthe: enjoy it, lucky b#stards! ;-) grmbl...
    1) install latest Itunes
    2) make a backup of your iphone either itunes or cloud.
    3) erase all content and settings (located in general settings (reset) )
    4) make sure you activate your phone. Do not let backup restore from itunes or cloud. make sure your iphone is ready to make calls. Disable autolock located in general settings.

4)connect your iphone (make sure windows detects it)
    5)run absinthe and make sure it detects your iphone and firmware number.
    6)press the jailbreak button.....and good luck!!!!

I did it this way and it worked for me...hopefully it will work for you.

just jailbroke my 4s. worked brilliant!!!!!! amazing job and another ...SCREW YOU!!!... to apple!!!
    Thanks guys.

I jailbroke my iphone 4s without any problems but my ipad 2 took forever so I unplugged it after one hour and now everytime I try and re-jailbreak it, it gives me a message saying that there was an error the last time and that it will try and fix it. Well, it does fix it and then tells me to unplug it and plug it back in but it keeps giving me the same message. Any ideas as to what I should try? Thanks.

use this to donate to Allstar team!!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...fd6c338b1d9d60

its from devteams website: Dev-Team Blog

I jailbroke my iphone 4s without any problems but my ipad 2 took forever so I unplugged it after one hour and now everytime I try and re-jailbreak it, it gives me a message saying that there was an error the last time and that it will try and fix it. Well, it does fix it and then tells me to unplug it and plug it back in but it keeps giving me the same message. Any ideas as to what I should try? Thanks.

jailbroke and donated, thanks dreamteam!

can use this on 3GS?

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khizzm0 View Post
    can use this on 3GS?
    No you may not.

that was quick thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

can use this on 3GS?
    Nope. Use redsnow 0.9.10b4 on a 3GS.

I did my ipad2 with the command line but for my phone it wont install absinthe app with CLI or GUI and now all my pics are gone. Is there any ways to get it back? Any ways to get it back without running absinthe app since I can't get it on my phone.

this looks easy to do going to try it soon....Thank you so much for the jailbreak!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not sure about doing this. It seems many people are having issues with photos disappearing or music not playing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you dev teamS!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

any chance this jailbreak will be available to users of 3GS? my power button is broken and can't put into DFU mode for other jailbreaks. If not, anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks

The jailbreak was successful and all, but I still have a Gray Mail and Game Center icon. Any fixes for that?

Sorry for the double post! (Can't figure out how to edit/delete my old post!)

Anyone that is having the transparent or gray icons on their springboard, please open Cydia and update it.

Cydia will respring your iPhone and the icons should be fixed.
    Last edited by Zach B.; 01-22-2012 at 03:13 PM.

can use this on 3GS?
    Haha!

Thanks dreamteam. Donation sent.

Dbl post sry. Can't edit on iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach B. View Post
    The jailbreak was successful and all, but I still have a Gray Mail and Game Center icon. Any fixes for that?

Sorry for the double post! (Can't figure out how to edit/delete my old post!)

Anyone that is having the transparent or gray icons on their springboard, please open Cydia and update it.

Cydia will respring your iPhone and the icons should be fixed.
    Sbsettings is your friend. On the couple of occasions I've had white icons a quick respring fixes it.
    Last edited by Hedrush; 01-22-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast