Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    really? 'cause i installed sbsettings and toggled the 3g toggle -- it went to no service and i can't get it back. i've rebooted a few times and still no love.
    Works just fine here, I can disable 3G and be on Edge then back and forth no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1rz1 View Post
    i just jail broke a brand new 4s, and now my "mail" icon is just a white square??? anyone else have this happen? solutions??
    reboot. my safari icon went white after sbsettings install but came back when i rebooted

It wont reboot for me after the VPN error.

Thanks

Hello Cydia!! muahahahaaaaaa!!

Works 100% here.

Vmware OSX 10.6.8
    Itunes 10.3

Did a backup and full erase and launch absynth, whole process took less than 2 min and everything installed fine.

Good job, donated to reward the effort.

Exclamation For All People Stuck On No Progress Bar Movement Issue
    Okay, everyone experiencing the "stuck on beginning of jailbreak" issue for a long time, read this!

So you've been at the beginning of the jailbreak for a while and progress bar hasn't moved in the last 10 mins. Well, here's an easy fix. Close Absinthe and slide to unlock your phone and go through all "setup options" until you get to the home screen of your iPhone (do not backup yet, just continue without backing up for now). Go to Settings and "Erase All Data Settings". Now close iTunes on your computer when the device reboots and do not backup yet. Now slide to unlock your phone again and go through all the options until you get "Activating Phone" screen comes up. Wait for your phone to active (may take a couple minutes), then STOP. Don't click anything more on your iOS device.

Now open Absinthe and click "Jailbreak". It shouldn't take more then a couple minutes to jailbreak. Once it's complete and it tells you to "slide to unlock your device", continue through all the remaining setup options till you get your home screen once again. Scroll to the second page and click the "Absinthe" app (technically a web app, but for all you noobs I'll call it an app so you understand). You're almost guaranteed to get the "Error establishing a database connection" issue. So after that shows up, go to your Settings and swipe the VPN to ON and wait for the error to come up. Now wait. Your device should reboot and voila!

Done :-)

For tHose of you having issues continue to hit VPN every couple of minutes if you get white screen it does work took me 5 tries. If you get white icons just reboot and you will be fine. It's not complicated just be patient

still stuck here. doesnt recognize my iphone 4s 5.0.1 9A406 and my ipad 2 9A405

i backed up and erased all content and settings and started my ipad brand new and it still didnt recognize it. tried a restore on my ipad 2 but it said it wouldnt do it. anyone else have this issue or what we can do about it. seems not many people have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    still stuck here. doesnt recognize my iphone 4s 5.0.1 9A406 and my ipad 2 9A405

i backed up and erased all content and settings and started my ipad brand new and it still didnt recognize it. tried a restore on my ipad 2 but it said it wouldnt do it. anyone else have this issue or what we can do about it. seems not many people have this problem?
    I haven't had that issue try restarting computer leave device unplugged and start program and then connect. I did it on my iPad and iPhone no issues

has anyone tried this without erasing all content and settings? The instructions say it could take more then 20 minutes if you don't but my point is... wouldn't it take that long if not longer to restore all your content anyway???? so why erase it all?

Default Absinthe Compatability Fix for OSX 10.5.8 users
    Quote Originally Posted by Groupyloopy View Post
    Anyone managed to solve problem of absinthe not launching on OS X 10.5.8
    Try This...

It seems that Absinthe requires libcurl.4.dylib version 6.0.0 whereas Mac OS X 10.5.8 has 5.0.0, this hack works by replacing libcurl4 with version 6.0.0. This involves tweaking system files, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

STEP 1: Download and extract libcurl.4.dylib 6.0.0.zip http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/other/f... to your Desktop

STEP 2: Launch Terminal.app (Located in /Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following commands:

STEP 3: First we'll backup libcurl4 by renaming it

sudo mv /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib-backup

STEP 4: Now you’ll move the newly downloaded libcurl file from your Mac OS X Desktop to /usr/lib

sudo mv ~/Desktop/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/

STEP 5: Launch Absinthe and it should work fine!

Let us know if it works..

Does siri work?????? And if it works does it work properly?? Cuz mine seems slow

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 360psp View Post
    Does siri work?????? And if it works does it work properly?? Cuz mine seems slow

I JB my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S (factory unlock).

everything worked just fine. I did not factory reset any of my devices and the JB on both was completed within 15 min each.

So far everything works (including siri) and no bugs found yet....

I installed m3g and mywi and all is perfect.

---sooooo far.

Those that are having issues with the vpn...

when the screen turns white, hit the home button, open settings click the vpn to on, hit the home button again and then tap on the poisi0n icon. Worked perfect for me...

Quote Originally Posted by p3eps View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    When I did the jailbreak the first time I didn't have any VPN settings at all - hence why I was getting confused.
    Now i have a VPN called 'jailbreak' after erasing my iPad and starting again. Unfortunately I now get 'A connection error occurred' when I try to run the VPN. As I've just restored from scratch, I don't have any VPN's of my own set up anyway.
    You're supposed to get an error of some sort, it will then reboot a minute or two later

JailBroken iPhone 4s WOOOOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bil1505 View Post
    Try This...

It seems that Absinthe requires libcurl.4.dylib version 6.0.0 whereas Mac OS X 10.5.8 has 5.0.0, this hack works by replacing libcurl4 with version 6.0.0. This involves tweaking system files, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

STEP 1: Download and extract libcurl.4.dylib 6.0.0.zip http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/other/f... to your Desktop

STEP 2: Launch Terminal.app (Located in /Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following commands:

STEP 3: First we'll backup libcurl4 by renaming it

sudo mv /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib-backup

STEP 4: Now you’ll move the newly downloaded libcurl file from your Mac OS X Desktop to /usr/lib

sudo mv ~/Desktop/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/

STEP 5: Launch Absinthe and it should work fine!

Let us know if it works..

Your link is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Saliola View Post
    GREAT News! Million Congrats to the Dream-Dev-Team on this. Now, MMi, is it posible to inform us, damned owners of iPhone 4/5.0.1 Baseband 04.11.08 for the Unlock Status/progress? It would be insanely happy to finally make a call with the "iPod". Thanks in advance.
    All that has been said is that if you want an unlock to stay on 5.0.1 (specifically 9A405) if you're not on that then just download the IPSW and restore to it using iTunes (no need to point hosts at anything other than the default)

Ok, so after multiple attempts to jailbreak WITHOUT erasing my phone, I decided to erases and jailbreak. Worked on the FIRST TRY.

Whats up with the donation link? Not working for me.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 01-20-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Default Lost safari icon
    Did anyone else loose the icon for Safari? My Safari icon is just white. My safari loads, but it is just white? Any fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    Did anyone else loose the icon for Safari? My Safari icon is just white. My safari loads, but it is just white? Any fix?
    just reboot your phone

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast