Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

I tried turning on VPN same result. I'll just restore back to factory and wait for windows version.

Its not working. It keeps crashing and saying absinthe quit unexpectantly thats all!.. Help!!

Default Me too
    Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    absinthe isn't recognizing that my iphone is plugged in. anyone having this problem. I wiped my phone and went through the set up process again, but it still says "plug in your iphone 4s or ipad 2 to begin."
    Same problem here.

For what it's worth, I'm on an Intel i5 quad core iMac running OS X 10.6.8 and trying to jailbreak an iPad 2 wifi running 5.0.1. Any commonalities with others experiencing this problem?

Other applications - TinyUmbrella, iTunes, Picasa - all recognize the iPad when I plug it in via USB.

WOW imagine all the chaos this would cause if we weren't able to restore back to 5.0.1...

Anyone who can help me i will donate to you!
    Okay I ran the program fine on my mac and added the Absinthe program on my iPhone 4s. I click the app and it just sits at a white screen. So i go into the Settings-Network-Vpn and turn it on and i get the "No network connection available", so i click ok and get no reboot and i go back into the absinthe app and it still sits on the white screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Djave1 View Post
    Its not working. It keeps crashing and saying absinthe quit unexpectantly thats all!.. Help!!
    do not worry - happened to me a couple of times - but got through in the end - just keep trying

got mine to work on the first try. I backed up my iPhone on the computer. I erase and reset my iPhone but I setup as new iPhone and no iCloud and no siri. clicked on Absinthe and it did it thing for 2-3 mins. it was stuck on the Almost done screen for about a minute. So I just went ahead and unlock my screen and clicked on the Absinthe on the iPhone. I got a white screen and I waited for about a min but nothing happened. I press the home screen and went into settings, network, and VPN. I flipped the switch for VPN to turn on and it did a loading screen and nothing happened then I flipped it on again and my phone rebooted. After the reboot the absinthe icon is replaced with a cydia.

Anyone managed to solve problem of absinthe not launching on OS X 10.5.8

Quote Originally Posted by aaauustiinnn View Post
    Okay I ran the program fine on my mac and added the Absinthe program on my iPhone 4s. I click the app and it just sits at a white screen. So i go into the Settings-Network-Vpn and turn it on and i get the "No network connection available", so i click ok and get no reboot and i go back into the absinthe app and it still sits on the white screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Same problem here...
    I've restored back to factory settings for a third time and started again.
    When tapping Absinthe I now get a white screen with 'No network connection' instead of the usual white empty screen.
    I then went into Settings and did the VPN thing. Again, I got hte 'No network connection' error.
    I tried the Absinthe button several times, and one time it didn't give me the error.
    Instead of rebooting, it has taken me to a greenpois0n.com website!

This time I got 'Absinthe could not open the page because the server stopped responding'. I'm guessing it's just an overload of people all trying to connect at the same time?
    Last edited by p3eps; 01-20-2012 at 01:23 PM.

GREAT News! Million Congrats to the Dream-Dev-Team on this. Now, MMi, is it posible to inform us, damned owners of iPhone 4/5.0.1 Baseband 04.11.08 for the Unlock Status/progress? It would be insanely happy to finally make a call with the "iPod". Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    absinthe isn't recognizing that my iphone is plugged in. anyone having this problem. I wiped my phone and went through the set up process again, but it still says "plug in your iphone 4s or ipad 2 to begin."
    it won't recognize my 4s either..i wonder if its bc of the website being overloaded

Quote Originally Posted by nashlib View Post
    do not worry - happened to me a couple of times - but got through in the end - just keep trying
    so how did you do it??

treid to open Absinthe using the sudo command but returns the following error: SOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/Matty/Desktop/Absinthe.app.

anyone have a solution for this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Djave1 View Post
    so how did you do it??
    Same issue. Trying to execute absinthe via Terminal won't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lilljav View Post
    it won't recognize my 4s either..i wonder if its bc of the website being overloaded
    It looks like only iMac users are affected by this problem so far.

Doesn't recognise my 4S either.

iMac 11,3
    27-inch, i7 2.93GHz...

Quote Originally Posted by aaauustiinnn View Post
    This sounds like some file or JB process didn't complete fully. try restoring and re-jailbreaking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Absinthe won't launch on my work computer OS X 10.5.8

yah it seems 10.5.8 is the PROBLEM here.. It won't launch on my MacBook neither q;\ .. now I have to wait til I get home.. FML

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do i need to leave VPN on after the jailbreak process is completed?

Quote Originally Posted by edouble312 View Post
    SOLUTION: load terminal, type 'sudo' and then drag the Absinthe app into the terminal command line, and hit enter. it will ask you for your user password, then absinthe will load! good luck!
    Terminal tells me "no such file or directory."

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast