Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

What's Jailbreak?
    High Point, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks

Absinth for Mac in a torrent for those who can't access website.
    Hope Devs don't get mad if so will remove just let me know. thanks

File name: absinthe-mac-0.1.2-1.zip.torrent File size: 6.47 KB

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    I'm trying on a fresh restore to 5.0.1 of an iPad 2. I open Absinthe and get Absinthe quit unexpectedly. If my iPad isn't hooked to the Mac Mini it will tell me to connect the device and when I do I get same error. I tried downloading a second copy of Absinthe and same thing.

Any ideas??
    SOLUTION: load terminal, type 'sudo' and then drag the Absinthe app into the terminal command line, and hit enter. it will ask you for your user password, then absinthe will load! good luck!

Wow. That worked a lot faster than expected on my iPad 2. I didn't clear any of the data and was prepared to wait the 30 minutes, but it finished in less than 5. The only flub was the database error, thanks for providing the instructions on that. The first time I enabled the VPN I got another error message, though. I believe it was the same message. The second time I tried to enable it, it worked like a charm.

Great guide. I'm up and running my untethered iPad2! Now to wait a week until cydia loads die down a bit since last time it was corrupting downloads shortly after the release of the corona jailbreak for iphone4....

Don't forget to donate!

anyone figure out how to jailbreak the iphone when it is not activated yet? meaning no att sim...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I remember someone saying January 20th a few weeks ago in comment threads...they were right.

Can't wait to get home and throw iOS 5.0.1 on my iPad 2 and jailbreak it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Photos app and YouTube App on my iPad have white icons now. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AfterMercyFM View Post
    I have 10.7.2 and it works fine. Try a restart.
    Forgot about my MacBook Air tried and that and it worked in under 5 minutes. Not sure what the problem was with the Mac Mini?? Anyway, who cares now. Cheers
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

This doesn't work for me. Absinthe just keeps crashing like others have mentioned. It never recognizes that my phone is connected and then it crashes EVERY time I open it. I've tried 3 different download links (from here, 9to5 and Engadget) and no dice. Restarted phone and computer several times.

for me it starts but a couple seconds later the program just closes

Quote Originally Posted by endwaro View Post
    I need help i want a carrier unlock and I'm on 9A406 they say i have to downgrade to 9A405 in order to get an unlock. i have an iPhone 4S. any one mind helping me find a guide or something can help know if and how to do it??
    and yay for the jailbreak!!!!!!!
    You simply need to go download the 5.0.1 (9A405) IPSW and restore in iTunes to that version by holding shift and clicking restore

Quote Originally Posted by justibackwardsn View Post
    The Photos app and YouTube App on my iPad have white icons now. Any ideas?
    Sometimes happens.. Just respring a few times until all icons are normal

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    This doesn't work for me. Absinthe just keeps crashing like others have mentioned. It never recognizes that my phone is connected and then it crashes EVERY time I open it. I've tried 3 different download links (from here, 9to5 and Engadget) and no dice. Restarted phone and computer several times.
    read my post, #62. It will work after that

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    I don't think this works on OS X 10.7.2 - Absinthe won't open with crashing with Absinthe quit unexpectedly error.

Will try on iMac later
    I have 10.5.8 doesn't work either

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Look above for the solution to this, someone already posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Varunpan View Post
    Anyone else getting an "The application Absinthe quit unexpectedly" on Mac OSx 10.5.8??
    same problem here

*Repost* SOLUTION: if absinthe crashes unexpectedly after a short time try the following --- load terminal, type 'sudo' and then drag the Absinthe app into the terminal command line, and hit enter. it will ask you for your user password, then absinthe will load! good luck!

ahhh 3G toggle, how i've missed you!

Will this make iBooks crash?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I have never seen Cydia work this fast! My 4S is Happy! And so am I thank you Dream Team!

done now I'm going for Bytafont and Ringtones

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast