Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

IM having the same problem, link for absinthemac04 not working, taking me to forums

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LePatex View Post
    IM having the same problem, link for absinthemac04 not working, taking me to forums
    and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just get it from greenpoison.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

Need to know when Part II is available:

Unlocking After 4S Absinthe Jailbreak!

>>>> crossing my fingers <<<<<

Thanks!

anybody knows after this iPhone 4s will be unlocked or NOT?

Quote Originally Posted by mercedess550 View Post
    anybody knows after this iPhone 4s will be unlocked or NOT?
    This is a jailbreak only.
    Allows you to run non-Apple-approved software.

There is no software carrier unlock for the iPhone 4s yet, and there may never be one.
    It may eventually be possible to unlock with a hacked sim card, but so far no working one has yet been verified.
    However, there are a whole lot of scams.

If unlock is what you want/need, you're going to have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    okay, i keep getting the error when trying to use absinthe, so i tried the VPN thing, I got the error, but no reboot, i tried clicking okay and waiting, but no reboot, i tried leaving the error, no reboot, idk how long this will take or what, anyone else having issues, i know the server is probably being swamped so I'm not worried, just hoping i get it jailbroken soon lol, its been too long
    I had the same issue.....did you figure out how to fix this?

Can someone help me out with the following:

"Cannot Open Absinthe
    The error was: "The URL can't be shown"

Please help. I've tried several times and also tried turning on the VPN, only to get the error message but no re-boot.
    Last edited by MShoniker23; 02-13-2012 at 09:03 PM.

SOOOOO i keep using the up to date GREENPOISON jailbreaking tool and its not working, just says recovery complete, and try to jailbreak again my unplugging and replugging. Then when i tried Redsn0w it says UNEXPECTED ERROR and wont let me jailbreak, ANYONE HEPL PLEASE?!?!?!

Thanks

Are you trying to jailbreak a 4S?
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice ! now i can go buy my apps on cydia like speakevents,well done guys

Default Absinthe jailbreak uninstall Problems
    Anybody helppppppppppp me. i have iphone 4s 5.0.1(9A405) and firmware 1.0.13, i used Absinthe jailbreak it was completed and worked. but now i uninstall jailbreak and remove all its content i don't know its properly removed or not but now i am facing two problems. First a 8GB space is showing as used, but real its nothing in my iphone and Second its unable to restore. when i try to reset my iphone or restore using i tune after 30 to 40 min down loading proses an error will come (There was a problem downloading the software fot tho iphone. "The disk you are attempting to use is full") Please help me to solve this problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dxman View Post
    Anybody helppppppppppp me. i have iphone 4s 5.0.1(9A405) and firmware 1.0.13, i used Absinthe jailbreak it was completed and worked. but now i uninstall jailbreak and remove all its content i don't know its properly removed or not but now i am facing two problems. First a 8GB space is showing as used, but real its nothing in my iphone and Second its unable to restore. when i try to reset my iphone or restore using i tune after 30 to 40 min down loading proses an error will come (There was a problem downloading the software fot tho iphone. "The disk you are attempting to use is full") Please help me to solve this problem
    How much free space is available on your computer?

In my computer "c" drive available space 3GB.
    in iphone available space is 4.9GB

Thanks

3gb is not very much. Try freeing up some space and trying to download the firmware again.

simple & Easy JailBreaking ...
    Thanks for developers

This jailbreak has never worked for me... I've tried it a hundred times asked many people for help and tried every proposed solution various times. I have followed instructions very closely and nothing. Absinthe crashes every time I try to launch it... "Absinthe quit unexpectedly" message is all I get. Trying to jailbreak iPad 2 5.0.1 (9A405) with my MBP on OSX 10.7.3 iTunes 10.6.1 (7) 64-bit. Here's what I've already tried: Cleared all settings and content, removed passcode, tried all Absinthe versions and can not restore in iTunes because it will update my firmware to 5.1 If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I've been jailbreaking since the very beginning and never had so much trouble (not a noob)... My only other recourse, that I can think of, is trying it on a PC or other Mac. I don't currently have access to a (open) PC (the ones at work are locked up with Admin privileges). And before posting this I have searched the Net far and wide, entered various keywords into search engines for many hours to no avail. Thank you in advance.

That's what I figured... wonder what it could be... Must be conflicting software on my MBP.

Quote Originally Posted by iJ2m View Post
    This jailbreak has never worked for me... I've tried it a hundred times asked many people for help and tried every proposed solution various times. I have followed instructions very closely and nothing. Absinthe crashes every time I try to launch it... "Absinthe quit unexpectedly" message is all I get. Trying to jailbreak iPad 2 5.0.1 (9A405) with my MBP on OSX 10.7.3 iTunes 10.6.1 (7) 64-bit. Here's what I've already tried: Cleared all settings and content, removed passcode, tried all Absinthe versions and can not restore in iTunes because it will update my firmware to 5.1 If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I've been jailbreaking since the very beginning and never had so much trouble (not a noob)... My only other recourse, that I can think of, is trying it on a PC or other Mac. I don't currently have access to a (open) PC (the ones at work are locked up with Admin privileges). And before posting this I have searched the Net far and wide, entered various keywords into search engines for many hours to no avail. Thank you in advance.
    Hmm. Is the MacBook Pro the computer you sync your iPad with? I too have been jailbreaking from the beginning and the only time it wouldn't work was when I was jailbreaking my dad's iPod on my MacBook Pro. It just didn't work and I had no idea why. I tried it on his PC and it worked. So my conclusion is that either you have to jailbreak it on the computer you sync it with, or it has to be the same operating system as the computer you sync it with. Hope this helps, cheers.

It's a refurbished iPad 2 that I just recently got, that I'm assuming Apple didn't bother to update. You can imagine my joy when I saw that it was still on 5.0.1 only to be disappointed a short time afterwards. Funny thing though, when the jailbreak was first released I attempted to jailbreak my co-workers iPad 2, ran into the same issue and just chalked it up to heavy traffic on their servers and eventually just gave up. What I'm thinking now though, is that there is something on my MBP that is causing the crash. Checked Little Snitch preferences to see if that was it, didn't find any issues there. There has to be conflicting software on the MBP that is causing this. Will be attempting the jailbreak from a PC later, as I have tried every other variable possible.

Here is the raw data:

Thread 4 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
    eax: 0x4f7f32a2 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x00000000 edx: 0x00000000
    edi: 0x00000000 esi: 0x0000000a ebp: 0xb0187038 esp: 0xb0186fe0
    ss: 0x00000023 efl: 0x00010246 eip: 0x95d6cb37 cs: 0x0000001b
    ds: 0x00000023 es: 0x00000023 fs: 0x00000023 gs: 0x0000000f
    cr2: 0xb0186fe8
    Logical CPU: 0
    Last edited by iJ2m; 04-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks

Ya, sounds like it doesnt like something about your setup. Happens sometimes. You should be fine trying it on the different computer.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast