Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9.6 (Windows)

My sister-in-law is visiting from Germany. We went to TMobile and bought a prepaid SIM card. The SIM card will not work in her iPhone 3G. The customer service, if that is what you want to call it, when we went back to TMobile was not very nice and they said the problem is the phone is locked. I have gone through the steps to "jailbreak" the phone. ITunes is saying the SIM card is not supported. It appears that the phone keeps turning itself off at the end of the jailbreak. Can anyone explain to me what I might be doing wrong? Thank you for your thoughts and hopefully assistance.

Hi tried the above mentioned method and my iphone 3gs got stuck at activating and then went in to a recovery loop..pls help

I have a simple question. I'm on AT&T with 4.3.1. I want to upgrade and jailbreak untethered to any version of iOS 5. What version would be the easiest with the least room for complications? And what corresponding version of redsn0w should I get?

Thanks, Ryan.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sagerj View Post
    I have a simple question. I'm on AT&T with 4.3.1. I want to upgrade and jailbreak untethered to any version of iOS 5. What version would be the easiest with the least room for complications? And what corresponding version of redsn0w should I get?

Thanks, Ryan.
    5.1.1 would be the one to go to. Then use redsnow 0.9.12b2 or 0.9.14b2 to jailbreak it untethered.

Thank you very much. I wouldn't lose any of my current cydia apps or jailbreak settings, correct? And what is the correct order to follow as in the steps to be taken? Could you link me to a good walkthrough of the steps?

If I install 5.1.1 with iTunes, to be able to jb it with redsn0w, won't it erase all of my current jb apps/settings? Sorry, I've only ever jb from a stock firmware. Never went from one jb firmware to a newer jb firmware.

Thanks

Yes, any update or restore will wipe your current jailbreak data. You will need to reinstall everything after re-jailbreaking.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Anything that was bought from Cydia ya will be able to redownload in account settings. Thats a good thing.

Thanks guys. Although that seems crazy. So do most people do what I did and wait until they feel it's absolutely necessary to upgrade their jb?

It's going to take quite a bit of time to reinstall and reset all of my settings.

I could have sworn there was a method in which you downloaded the newest firmware, had a utility hack/jb it first, then used iTunes (with the shift+restore button) to install it. Thereby never installing a clean firmware and losing your jb data.

Am I thinking of something different here?
    Last edited by sagerj; 08-21-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks

Upgrading from 4.0 to 5.0 you will have to do it no way around it. Now once ya on 5.1.1 you can restore from a backup on 5.1.1 and ya won't lose anything.

I have an iPod Touch 2g 4.2.1 and after jailbreaking it, it is stuck on the Apple logo, no spinning wheel or anything. The screen will go completely blank and white for one second and then it loops back to the logo. It's been this way for two days now. I have tried numerous times to restart and restore the device, but with no luck. iTunes pops up an error saying the iPod can't be restored (error 3194). I followed the redsn0w directions to the 'T' and I guess I failed miserably.

I don't know what to do anymore, is there anyone that can help me out?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 6,199 Posts

Error 3194

Occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. The only solution is to have SHSH backup and modify the hosts file to point to Saurik's Cydia Server where they are backed up (or localhost if you have it yourself).

IPHONE 5 JAILBREAK - Pastebin.com

Can someone please tell me if this is legit??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imaemoguy View Post
    IPHONE 5 JAILBREAK - Pastebin.com

Can someone please tell me if this is legit??
    Fake bud if there was a jaukbreak out. It would be all over the news page and also be free

Quote Originally Posted by MazZafar View Post
    Thats all good and it works fine got the Cydia icon back and that works fine BUT I still get 'sim failure' message which means the phone is locked to o2 and I can't use my orange contract sim.

The weird thing is I Jailbroke this phone over a year ago and everything worked fine got loads of themes and software then one day it froze and on restarting it all these problems started.
    When I put an o2 sim in there it works fine
    for sim changing unlock method try network unlocking....easily you can change one network to another.........

Hello,

I have an iPhone 3G model A124J, iboot 596.24. It,s my first iPhone and I don't quite understand how everything works. I made an update with iTunes and now it is stuck on emergency call only.

Please tell me what I need to do to jailbreak and unlock it. I do not know in what carrier it is locked and I don't have a foreign carrier sim, so I need to unlock the phone via PC.

Also, for this phone, what software version is recomandable. As I read the 3.1.3 is still the best for the 3G.

Thank you !

nobody ? nothing ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nvoltaire View Post
    Hello,

I have an iPhone 3G model A124J, iboot 596.24. It,s my first iPhone and I don't quite understand how everything works. I made an update with iTunes and now it is stuck on emergency call only.

Please tell me what I need to do to jailbreak and unlock it. I do not know in what carrier it is locked and I don't have a foreign carrier sim, so I need to unlock the phone via PC.

Also, for this phone, what software version is recomandable. As I read the 3.1.3 is still the best for the 3G.

Thank you !
    I am assuming you went to 4.2.1. If you want to jailbreak it you would use redsnow, follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. You can unlock it either using the ipad baseband method or getting it officially unlocked depending on what carrier the phone is locked to.

so here's where I eden up. Jailbraked the phone with redsnow. Tryed to downgrade BB 5.15.04 to lower version using fuzzyband as the phone remained on bootloader 5.08. The phone restarted while downgrading and keeps restarting every aprox. 5 minutes. It has no baseband now, in the About section the BB row is blank and tinyumbrella can't read the BB also.

I'm stuck. Ideeas ?

Thanks

Why would you try fuzzyband?
    Try restoring to 3.1.3 to see if that installs a baseband again. If not try 4.2.1.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast