Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9.6 (Windows)

my baseband is 05.15.04.. not sure what that means either. I'll pm you my email. thanks for all your help. If this dosn't work, I'm just gonna get a new iphone 4S I wreckon

i just pm'd you but not sure if it worked as havn't done it before. Let me know if you get it ok
    Last edited by Beggers; 11-13-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Got it don't worry mate u won't have to get a new phone :-)
    Maz

By the way I am running XP anything else will give you the unrecognised error so Beggers try to run in XP mode on your windows 7

Hello!Thank you for this very detailed guide. I followed it to the letter but unfortunately i have a problem. After i jailbroke the Ipad 1 32gb-wifi i have, the Cydia icon was white. So i found out, browsing in the net, that i need to re-run the redsnow program and choose run tethered mode which eventually fixed it. Unfortunately now everytime i am out of battery or the ipad shuts down i need to plug it in my pc in order to startup. How can i fix this? I searched all arround but didnt find any solutions. I read that if i restore to original, thus un-jailbreak it, it maybe fixed but i loose all data and jailbreak. Any solutions? Thank you in advance.

Default maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Beggers View Post
    I'm using 3G iPhone with 4.2.1 & have downloaded redsnow 0.9.6rc19.. but I keep getting the message Unable to Recognise specified IPSW. Can you please help??? I've been trying for weeks to figure this out and I'm at my wits end! Thank-You!
    Put a folder on your desktop ,Name it whatever. ReDsNow .Download the files above both to the same folder on your desktop.Double click the folder and find redsnow.exe doulbe click it and when the next screen opens click browse got to your desktop on the left hand side scroll down till your find the folder open it click on the frimware you just downloaded it will open follw instr. at the bottom Good luck The phone will take over from there

Quote Originally Posted by MazZafar View Post
    Download forecast 1.3
    iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
    and redsnow 0.9.6rc9
    when you browse to the ipsw it will be good look carefully this one has an extra option which the other redsnows don't have which is

'Instal iPad baseband'

Make sure this is ticked the only other one is 'Instal Cydia'

You will get some warnings come up about loosing gps and you cannot downgrade!

I got to the point where I just wanted to use it regardless, if you at the same place then go for it. Took me no more than 10 minutes.
    lets us know how you got on, good luck
    I couldn't just be happy I unlocked it, had to sweak it further and in the process locked it again

Well it was a good thing cos the GPS was out by about 500 yards which showed me being 2 roads away or in a field on the motorway

Now I have corrected that also and learnt something else which will be of use and also mentioned on another thread, make sure you have ultrasn0w installed on the phone thats what unlocks the phone to all networks
    Maz

Goode work men ( Kyle Matthews ) now what is the source of this Forum because i'm new user and ihave iPod touch 4G
    thank you again

Default Helppppppppp
    Hiya
    I been trying (very hard) lol to jailbreak my iphone using this sites description problem is I get so far and it just stops saying there is an error

Can my phone be done?

IPhone 4 version 5.0.1 (9A405)
    I use wifi and my carrier is Vodafone uk

Please Please help

I could use some help as well. I have a 5.0 iphone 4. I have jailbroken it in the past but upgraded to the 5 for the new features. Since then no matter how up to date the jailbreaking program is i get it to install cydia but cydia is just a plain white icon (not normal) and if you try to open it it just instant crashes. ..... any known issue?

Quote Originally Posted by vampep View Post
    I could use some help as well. I have a 5.0 iphone 4. I have jailbroken it in the past but upgraded to the 5 for the new features. Since then no matter how up to date the jailbreaking program is i get it to install cydia but cydia is just a plain white icon (not normal) and if you try to open it it just instant crashes. ..... any known issue?
    Ive managed to jailbreak mine now. I used snowbreeze in the end. Couldnt get redsnow to work

Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 7,010 Posts

That is what a tethered jailbreak does. After installing cydia you need to run redsnow again and choose the option to boot tethered.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

vampep (12-06-2011)

hahaha ok well that worked. But strange thing happened. I lost the icon for Photos. Its just a blank white icon but it doesn't crash like cydia was. But now cydia opens so I'm happy.

Now the only restriction is that it if i power it down i have to tether boot it again correct? syncing doesn't have any effect?

Thanks

hahaha ok well that worked. But strange thing happened. I lost the icon for Photos. Its just a blank white icon but it doesn't crash like cydia was. But now cydia opens so I'm happy.

Now the only restriction is that it if i power it down i have to tether boot it again correct? syncing doesn't have any effect?
    Yes you would have to tether boot it again if you turn it off. You can try respringing with sbsettings to get your photo icon to show up again, that's just caused by an icon cache issue.

I have a 3GS that was JB with SV 4.2.1 I backed up everything on iTunes. Just the other day my iPhone froze and had to JB again bit when it was JB the SV installed was 4.1 now when I connect to iTunes it tells me I can't back up cause my SV is to old. I don't have the restore button on iTunes to JB using redsnow. What do I have to do to get SV 4.2.1 and back up my iTunes

Sorry software version (firmware)

What's SHSH and where do I find out

Thanks

May want to check out the links in my sig, specifically the About SHSH one and the How to use tiny umbrella one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast