Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9 (Windows)

Thanks

There's no untether for 4.3.4. You can either jailbreak tethered at your current iOS, or update to 5.1 and jailbreak tethered
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If I am not mistaken, 4.3.4 never had an untethered jailbreak. Or did they end up fixing that at one point?

Anyhow, if you want to update, you can only go to 5.1, I do believe that's a tethered jailbreak at the moment. You can restore to 5.0.1 for an untethered jailbreak, but only if you have SHSHs saved for it. If you do not, you're stuck where you are, unless you have an iPhone 3GS, then you could downgrade to 4.1 without SHSHs and have an untethered jb.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    If I am not mistaken, 4.3.4 never had an untethered jailbreak. Or did they end up fixing that at one point?
    I don't think one was ever announced.
    The hole that was used for an untether on =< 4.3.3 got patched in 4.3.4.

I was hoping that the untethered exploit for 5.0.0/5.0.1 would also work for 4.3.4/4.3.5
    but since Dev Team never reported this, I would guess not.

Anyhow, if you want to update, you can only go to 5.1, I do believe that's a tethered jailbreak at the moment. You can restore to 5.0.1 for an untethered jailbreak, but only if you have SHSHs saved for it. If you do not, you're stuck where you are, unless you have an iPhone 3GS, then you could downgrade to 4.1 without SHSHs and have an untethered jb.
    Pretty much.

Thanks

I actually wanted 5.0 to be untethered, too bad that didn't work out. Had to upgrade my (and everyone around me with iPhones bc I do everything lol) iPhone and rejb and do that whole thing just to get untethered for iOS 5.

I did my jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.10b1 (Something like that) and what you got to do is download it go to it start all the stuff and then turn your device off completely the do DFU mode and eventually it finishes and I got Cydia

^
    Thank You.
    I want to update and Jailbreak my iphone 3Gs with 3.1.2 to ios 5.0.1, will this guide work for me?

Please advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,546 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xFR View Post
    ^
    Thank You.
    I want to update and Jailbreak my iphone 3Gs with 3.1.2 to ios 5.0.1, will this guide work for me?

Please advice.
    You will need 5.0.1 SHSH if you want to go to 5.0.1 now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, guys I just Jailbroke my iphone4 with redsn0w 0.9.10b6, and now my since then my phone is stuck on the apple logo???? please help...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darab View Post
    Hi, guys I just Jailbroke my iphone4 with redsn0w 0.9.10b6, and now my since then my phone is stuck on the apple logo???? please help...
    What firmware are you on?

Every time i try to jailbreak my iPod 4 on ios5.1 redsn0w stops at "waiting for reboot" and my iPod comes back on not jail broken... Help?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Are you doing the dfu steps correctly?

I'm having trouble jailbreaking my iPhone 3GS without a sim card. I followed the directions here: How to unlock iPhone 3GS on iOS 5 and 5.0.1 | iMore and lost service/wifi; so I was unable to complete the last step of installing ultrasn0w.

I tried deactivating RedSn0w and rebooting, but that didn't work. I then downloaded iExplorer; manually put ultrasn0w and mobile substrate onto the phone; and rebooted. But afterwards, the programs were not on the phone and I was unable to open Cydia.

Has anyone had this problem before, and can offer some advice? Here's some info on the phone: Baseband: 05.16.05 Model: MC555 Software: iOS 5.0

Thank you in advance!!

is it still possible to go from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 on iphone 3gs (old boot rom) while preserving baseband even now after release of 5.1 i read a comment somewhere that it was not possible anymore

Quote Originally Posted by flipcrackpot View Post
    is it still possible to go from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 on iphone 3gs (old boot rom) while preserving baseband even now after release of 5.1 i read a comment somewhere that it was not possible anymore
    i want to have jailbroken and unlocked 3gs on 5.0.1 i have ipad baseband

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yes it is possible and you can do
    It. Old bootrom is the only one beside the 3G that can downgrade to anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Yes it is possible and you can do
    It. Old bootrom is the only one beside the 3G that can downgrade to anything.
    I'm not sure this is entirely true? Maybe I'm mistaken. From what I think I know, the 3G can only downgrade to 3.x without SHSHs (not applicable with 4.0.x), the 3GS can only restore to 4.1 without SHSHs regardless of boot version. The boot version typically only indicates if the 3GS will always have untethered jailbreaks (old boot).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I'm not sure this is entirely true? Maybe I'm mistaken. From what I think I know, the 3G can only downgrade to 3.x without SHSHs (not applicable with 4.0.x), the 3GS can only restore to 4.1 without SHSHs regardless of boot version. The boot version typically only indicates if the 3GS will always have untethered jailbreaks (old boot).
    It's true. Technically. If using the 24Kpwn exploit the need for SHSH can be worked around. The problem back in the 4.X days is that all the devs tended to use the limera1n exploit on old and new bootrom which didnt fully pwn a old bootrom 3GS the way 24Kpwn did. iH8snow has included this in snowbreeze since 5.0 I believe so a 3GS that is pwned with 24K can be restored to 5.0 for example even if you do not have SHSH. I have done it myself.

Remember back in the 3.X days when the dev team talked of the "jailbreak train"? You could jailbreak and keep restoring to custom firmware without the need for SHSH. Once the new boot 3GS and iPhone 4 came out and then the limera1n exploit the 24k exploit was left out of a lot of the jailbreak tools effectively severing the jailbreak train. But as iH8snow proved as long as you use the correct exploit on a old bootrom 3GS you can get around the need for SHSH.

Thanks

So is the process the same as a normal shift restore?

Thanks

Depends on the jailbreak software you use. Since 5.0 snowbreeze pwned DFU for old boot uses 24Kpwn. SO you dont need SHSH for them when restoring to a custom firmware. Basically any jailbreak software that uses 24Kpwn for its exploit for old bootrom can get around needing SHSH.

Ok so 3gs old bootrom 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 possible with redsnow? I just want to upgrade from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 or 5.1 (confused) :-p

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flipcrackpot View Post
    Ok so 3gs old bootrom 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 possible with redsnow? I just want to upgrade from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 or 5.1 (confused) :-p
    Yes. But use snowbreeze instead if possible. I am not sure if redsnow uses the required exploit to do it without SHSH for old bootrom. You can try it and let us know if you want. Be sure to point redsnow to the firmware you want to use first though so that you can tell it that it is an old bootrom. THen make the custom firmware. Then enter pwned DFU and shift restore in itunes.

Like I said I have only used snowbreeze to do a old boot restore without SHSH so unsure if redsnow will work.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast