Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Determining your iOS Device's Current Firmware Version

How to find out if my device is jailbroken? I can only go into recovery or dfu mode.

I'm stuck in bootloop, neverending errors in itunes preventing a restore, and i just want to know if my device was jailbroken or not... And if yes, how to find out with which method it was jailbroken?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

No way to find out sadly. If you had OpenSSH installed, you could browse /Applications via an SSH client and see if Cydia.app exists, but if you didn't, there really is no way to.

What errors is iTunes throwing at you?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Well, i started this thread hoping to find somebody having had similar issue....
    iPhone 4 with boot loop DURING restore

Hello i'm trying to downgrade from OS6 back to 5 is this possiable

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,206 Times in 6,601 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jalvarado613 View Post
    Hello i'm trying to downgrade from OS6 back to 5 is this possiable
    What device are you referring to???
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Hi I have iPhone 4 with 6.0 and I want cydia for free and want to get redsnow on it but don't have a damn clue, help please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy2891 View Post
    Hi I have iPhone 4 with 6.0 and I want cydia for free and want to get redsnow on it but don't have a damn clue, help please
    Cydia is free, you need the latest redsnow and point it to a iOS 6 ipsw you can download it from this site.

Just google iOS 6 jailbreak A4 devices and you'll quickly find a lot of helpful tutorials
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Hello,

I have an iPhone 3G model A124J, iboot 596.24. It,s my first iPhone and I don't quite understand how everything works. I made an update with iTunes and now it is stuck on emergency call only.

Please tell me what I need to do to jailbreak and unlock it. I do not know in what carrier it is locked and I don't have a foreign carrier sim, so I need to unlock the phone via PC.

I don't know what firmware the phone is on as I can't get past the emergency call.

Also, for this phone, what software version is recomandable. As I read the 3.1.3 is still the best for the 3G.

Thank you !

To unlock you will need to use sn0wbreeze (someone correct me if wrong), i am not shure if this will HackTivate (activate phone to get past emergency call, and so you dont have to activate with itunes (i jailbreak ipod and sometimes ipads, no experience unlocking lol)) To jailbreak i recomend redsn0w, as would most others on here, however you may also use greenpo1son (yes, the numbers are included). They do the same thing (i think greenpo1son is for 4.2.3 only?) they just inject the hack diferently. If you re on 3.1.3 use redsnow. For downgrading (3.1.3 is latest 3g can get?) you must save you blobs ( SHSH blobls, like a digital handshake between apple server, itunes, and idevice, used to authenicate) than stitch (on redsnow- use blobs- select blobs- select firmware for those blobs, you can only use blobs for specific device and firmware version ( you 3g has diffrent blobs from someone elses 3g, they are NOT interchangeable in any circumstance) than stitch them to that firmware. ) PM me if you have any more questions, and sorry if this was long and windy

PS it is also basacly impossible to brick idevice, usualy the horror stories are from people stuck in DFU mode (google it ) and dont know it. in extreme circumstances you might have to boot tethered with redsnow, did this a few days ago after botched custom firmware downgrade, failed fix recovery in tinyumbrella, and numeros filed hard resets. PM me if you have issues, and if you only get a notification for this message i also posted answers to other questions, just forgot to post it as a reply to you post. Thanks for understanding
    Kundy
    Last edited by Kundy; 11-16-2012 at 06:41 PM.

is there any way u can go back to the original ios system on the iphone 4s like the firmwire they had on it when it first came out

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,206 Times in 6,601 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metrodk616 View Post
    is there any way u can go back to the original ios system on the iphone 4s like the firmwire they had on it when it first came out
    If you got it with 5.1.1 and have the blobs, then maybe
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

(QUOTE) E=metrodk616;6716144]is there any way u can go back to the original ios system on the iphone 4s like the firmwire they had on it when it first came out[/QUOTE]
    Yes you can go back to the original firmware if you have your shsh blobs (basacly a digital hands)shake and password)
    Saved. You can save them with tiny umbrella on anything or iFaith on windows, and however more people seem to use tiny umbrella, and so there may, be more support. You might still be able to get old ones of you have not restored just upgraded from an old version (restores get rid of them if they are not saved) however you may only be able to get them while apple is signing or allowing you to downgrade to that version. The once saved use the stich function in red snow to stitch them to the version of ios there from, and they are only good for one version. You also must have a firmware copy to select to stitch to. You may also just be able to restore directly in the new red snow without blobs by using the restore function and selecting the version you u want, and by to have not tested it with a device that had no blobs saved, and it just didn't ask for any to use to stitch with. Good luck
    Kundy

Default unlock and jail breaking
    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Just do a complete restore. Get into DFU mode and go into iTunes and just restore. If you don't want to jailbreak, don't worry. From there it will just update to the latest version of iOS.
    My friend has an iphone 3g a1303 and he updated on i tunes and can not use it anymore. how do i unlock it or down grade it and jail break it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lvbre012 For This Useful Post:

shatil007 (05-25-2013)

Hello i am not sure if this is were i post this but i need help with jailbreaking my ipod 2g .I heared that if i have a Mc model i can not use some jailbreaks can some one help?

Hello
    I have an iphone 4
    carrier AT&T 14.2
    Model MC608LL/A
    Version 6.1.3 (Current)

I what to downgrade so I can receive cellar data. (currently not available)
    And what sw do I use to find the bottom?

And please tell me the different btwn unlock and jailbroken.
    I believe unlock mean service on any carrier.
    and jailbreak means tweak (change settings)

Thank

Jack

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackmak View Post
    Hello
    I have an iphone 4
    carrier AT&T 14.2
    Model MC608LL/A
    Version 6.1.3 (Current)

I what to downgrade so I can receive cellar data. (currently not available)
    And what sw do I use to find the bottom?

And please tell me the different btwn unlock and jailbroken.
    I believe unlock mean service on any carrier.
    and jailbreak means tweak (change settings)

Thank

Jack
    You can't downgrade your firmware or baseband. If you want to be able to unlock your device, you'll have to get a factory unlock. There are people that provide them, such as Cowboy. Send him a PM if you're looking to get your device unlocked.

And yes, you have the definition of a jailbreak and unlock correct. Unlocking allows you to use any carrier that you want to use. Jailbreaking allows you to tweak and modify your device.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

hi there I have and iphone 3gs and an update software update pop up and I click on it..then thats when the problems started. I turn off the phone and turn it on but its always say cant activate due to untemporary server..so I stuck on the activation part and cant get on to the home screen. I search on the internet and find out how to get into the home screen by using emergency call and when I get to the home screen everythings is frozen. Every app that I press cant open just only the call button is working. Please can you help me with what I do..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,326 Times in 7,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angiejosh View Post
    hi there I have and iphone 3gs and an update software update pop up and I click on it..then thats when the problems started. I turn off the phone and turn it on but its always say cant activate due to untemporary server..so I stuck on the activation part and cant get on to the home screen. I search on the internet and find out how to get into the home screen by using emergency call and when I get to the home screen everythings is frozen. Every app that I press cant open just only the call button is working. Please can you help me with what I do..
    Sounds like you may have had iPad baseband installed. Download a program called f0recast and that can tell you what your modem firmware/baseband is. If it is 6.15.00 then that is your activation issue. It can be fixed by downgrading your baseband with redsnow 0.9.15b3.

I have ipad 2 7.1.1. 11d201 . How I can jailbreak my ipad? Thank you luba

Thanks
    Thanked 9,923 Times in 6,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    I have ipad 2 7.1.1. 11d201 . How I can jailbreak my ipad? Thank you luba
    Can't be done, sorry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast