+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Tethered iOS 6.0 or iOS 6.0.1 With Redsn0w 0.9

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
{last updated November 1st, 2012} This OS X and Windows guide will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using redsn0w 0.9. The current version of redsn0w 0.9 is 0.9.15b3.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to Jailbreak Tethered iOS 6.0 or iOS 6.0.1 With Redsn0w 0.9

{last updated November 1st, 2012}

This OS X and Windows guide will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using redsn0w 0.9. The current version of redsn0w 0.9 is 0.9.15b3. Note this is a TETHERED JAILBREAK, meaning you will need to connect your device to redsn0w any time you fully reboot.

This guide should be used with the following device/firmware combinations (if you're not sure, here's how to find your iOS firmware version and how to find your iOS device type):
    • iPhone 3GS | 6.0
    • iPhone 3GS | 6.0.1
    • iPhone 4 | 6.0
    • iPhone 4 | 6.0.1
    • iPod touch 4G | 6.0
    • iPod touch 4G | 6.0.1

NOTE: Old bootrom iPhone 3GS models will have an untethered jailbreak on iOS 6 using this same method.

You will need:
    • The Mac version of redsn0w 0.9.15b3 from mod.my/redsn0wmac0915b3 or the Windows version of redsn0w 0.9.15b3 from mod.my/redsn0wwin0915b3.
    • iPhone 4 OR iPod touch 4G OR iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.0 or 6.0.1.
    • Your iOS 6.0 firmware file for the device you're jailbreaking (Felix Bruns has a great listing of the links).

Step 1: To begin, plug in the device, launch redsn0w 0.9.15b3, and click on the Extras button:

Step 2: Once you get to the screen below, click on the Select IPSW button:

Step 3: Select the iOS 6.0 firmware (even if you're on iOS 6.0.1) for the device you have plugged in and then click on the Open button:

Step 4: redsn0w will alert you that the firmware you chose will be used for the rest of your redsn0w session. Click OK:

Step 5: Now you can head back to the first screen of redsn0w and click on the Jailbreak button:

Step 6: Place your iOS device into DFU mode by pressing and holding both the home and sleep button together for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, keep holding home, but release the sleep button. As soon as redsn0w sees your device in DFU mode, redsn0w will go through and prepare your jailbreak data and you can release the home button:

Step 7: Now you will see a new redsn0w screen that will have “Install Cydia” checked, just click Next to continue:

Step 8: redsn0w will begin the process of jailbreaking your iOS device. This process may take a few seconds to a minute and you will see multiple loading bars in the application:

Step 9: Soon after, redsn0w will say that the process is complete. Click the Back button:

Wait for the device to boot back up to the lock screen and then continue.

Now your device is successfully jailbroken. However, it’s a tethered jailbreak, so you will need to boot it tethered. Follow these steps to do so:

[Optional] Go back through steps 1-4 to verify your firmware. This is a good idea to prevent errors.

Step 1: Put your device back into DFU mode by following the steps in Step 6 above.

Step 2: From the main window, click the Extras button:

Step 3: Click on the Just Boot button to boot the device in a tethered state:

Step 4: redsn0w will begin to boot up your iOS device, just wait:

Step 5: When redsn0w says you're done, you can wait for the device to turn back on and start using Cydia:

Congratuations! You're running a tethered jailbreak on your iOS 6 limera1n device!

Note: Some jailbreak tweaks are not yet ready for iOS 6.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 12-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

and one thing if you are tired of every time selecting the .ipsw to just boot tethered here is an easy solution..
    open your Notepad and paste folowing code:

@ECHO "starting tethered just boot process ...."
    @cd "credsnow\
    @START /w redsn0w -j -i cdownloads\iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw
    @ECHO "finished you may now close this window and wait for your phone to start up"
    @pause

now you have to change the path's, here is an example of this code with comments:

@cd "credsnow\
    <<<<< Comment: path to redsn0w executable>>>>

////////////////Comment: starts redsn0w with -j parameter wich means "just boot" //////////
    ////////////////and -i parameter wich means select .ipsw.. you have to put your 6.0.ipsw path after the -i parameter, now your ready to boot tethered with one click //////////

@ECHO "finished you may now close this window and wait for your phone to start up"

@pause

when you finished changing the path's go to file------>save as....
    in the new windows chose a location, change the "save as type" from ".txt" to "all files"
    and put whatever you want in the file name followed with .bat like this "redsnow just boot.bat" press save and you are ready

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curt_nedim View Post
    and one thing if you are tired of every time selecting the .ipsw to just boot tethered here is an easy solution..
    open your Notepad and paste folowing code:

@cd "credsnow\
    @pause

now you have to change the path's, here is an example of this code with comments:

@cd "credsnow\
    <<<<< Comment: path to redsn0w executable>>>>

////////////////Comment: starts redsn0w with -j parameter wich means "just boot" //////////
    ////////////////and -i parameter wich means select .ipsw.. you have to put your 6.0.ipsw path after the -i parameter, now your ready to boot tethered with one click //////////

@pause

when you finished changing the path's go to file------>save as....
    in the new windows chose a location, change the "save as type" from ".txt" to "all files"
    and put whatever you want in the file name followed with .bat like this "redsnow just boot.bat" press save and you are ready

What location are these instructions to go?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yonikkia View Post
    What location are these instructions to go?
    i know. but when i want to post something in the right corner of this forum it gave me a message with "you dont have the rights to post something in this etc...." so i put it here and if anyone think it could help somebody who curently is on IOS6 tethered than a Moderator can put it on the right place

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This does not work for me. I get stalled in a waiting for reboot. When I reboot manually it goes through the process but nothing happens on my phone. Any help appreciated. Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine keeps saying "This device doesn't support untethered options".
    What do I do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude this does NOT WORK !!!!

I've done this process 6 TIMES the 2nd half where it say to JUST BOOT . . THAT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL !!! So so frustrating, all it does is put the damn device in recovery mode and makes you repeat, even if brought out of recovery mode, it sends you right back to step 1. I mean do you guys freakin test this stuff ?? Sheesh hate to sound like an *** but man whats the point of releasing Betas when your just messin up peoples phones and wasting time.
    Last edited by RARE_KCAH; 12-27-2012 at 05:10 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Strange, I did it 2 months ago, with no problem. The only thing I did differently was, after JB I turned off Redsnow, that put my phone to DFU mode and than opened Redsnow again and did JUST BOOT. So after two months, everything still works perfectly. I even switched off my phone couple of times, but JUST BOOT was a joke. Took me less than 2 minutes to do it, every time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default not work
    i did exactly what u told me to do and when i try to select the ipsw it says this: (look in attached image)

any help??
    much appreciated How to Jailbreak Tethered iOS 6.0 or iOS 6.0.1 With Redsn0w 0.9-screen-shot-2013-01-04-7.25.43-pm.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is the 4s supported in this JB? If not is there one for 6.0.1?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Nope just for the 4 or lower

Thanks

Anyone have a idea if jailbreak for iphone 5 is comming out??

2k1
    Thanks

I would say yea. When that can't be answered

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfish829 View Post
    Is the 4s supported in this JB? If not is there one for 6.0.1?
    i get this same exact message nothing seems to work can any one help??

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBOII123 View Post
    i did exactly what u told me to do and when i try to select the ipsw it says this: (look in attached image)

any help??
    much appreciated Attachment 618142
    i get the same thing as you do can anyone help ??

2k1
    Thanks

If ya trying to jailbreak the 4s on 6.0 it can't be done. This is for iphone 4 and lower.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have a 4 ive downloaded the proper ipsw file from the guide but i get that message as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Didn't work
    says missing keys.plist data for this build !?!?! HELP PLEASE ??

says missing keys.plist data for this build !?!?! HELP PLEASE ??

Green Apple
    Thanks

get the 6.0 firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

My redsn0w says to iOS 6.0 (!), that this version of fimrware is not supported by this version of redsn0w...

It's an old br 3GS, running on stock 6.0.1, and it's the latest redsn0w, run as admin. IOS 6.0 downloaded, and redsn0w pointed to it. Now what to do?...

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok, after serious thinking I found the solution: the ipsw filename given by the official download link was faulty. I re-dowloaded the iOS 6.0 from the link above, gave a different filename, and this time redsn0w didn't complain at all.