+ Reply
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Jailbreak Your iOS 5.1.1 Device With Absinthe 2

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
So is Apple still signing 5.1.1 (9B206)?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Yep
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    sorry for the stupid question but im on iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 and im trying to upgrade, my itunes wont let me upgrade to 5.1.1 nor restore. do i need to be in dfu and have a custom ipsw???
    i had to do it on a totally different machine osx lion no go windows 7 worked but heres the kicker absinthe 2.0.1 doesn't work it says "Sorry, the attached device is not supported"

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, thanks for the quick answer celeron. Seems a bit odd though....why keep signing the older version? Usually, the window would almost certainly be closed by now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Yep
    I just did research and this is exactly what you have to do i have 9B208 and need 9B206 which i found by doing a web search hopefully crapple will sign it still 21min for download to be complete, tic toc tic toc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You guys need to put at the very top DO NOT UPGRADE to the latest 5.1.1 It is incompatible and does not work. When i did my backup I let it up grade thinking it was still 5.1.1. and not i have to wait for the Dev Team to hopefully get this one worked out.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhaeto View Post
    You guys need to put at the very top DO NOT UPGRADE to the latest 5.1.1 It is incompatible and does not work. When i did my backup I let it up grade thinking it was still 5.1.1. and not i have to wait for the Dev Team to hopefully get this one worked out.

I used the latest and it worked just fine...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    I just did research and this is exactly what you have to do i have 9B208 and need 9B206 which i found by doing a web search hopefully crapple will sign it still 21min for download to be complete, tic toc tic toc
    CONFIRMED download 9B206 i found it on the web (can I mention websites?) if so let me know n ill tell u were i downloaded it from!

1. download 9B206
    2. plug in phone via USB and put phone in DFU mode ( turn phone off, hold home and sleep/wake 10 sec then hold home until iTunes sees it)
    3. iTunes will say do you want to restore hit yes then select restore on iTunes/iphone screen while holding down SHIFT key,point to your 9B206 5.1.1 firmware that you just downloaded
    4. phone will restore,( if you get error on osx try on windows?)
    5. open absinthe 2.0.1 it will now recognize your phone, hit jailbreak
    6. enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by iPhaeto View Post
    look at my last post

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    CONFIRMED download 9B206 i found it on the web (can I mention websites?) if so let me know n ill tell u were i downloaded it from!

1. download 9B206
    2. plug in phone via USB and put phone in DFU mode ( turn phone off, hold home and sleep/wake 10 sec then hold home until iTunes sees it)
    3. iTunes will say do you want to restore hit yes then select restore on iTunes/iphone screen while holding down SHIFT key,point to your 9B206 5.1.1 firmware that you just downloaded
    4. phone will restore,( if you get error on osx try on windows?)
    5. open absinthe 2.0.1 it will now recognize your phone, hit jailbreak
    6. enjoy

look at my last post

for those of you that don't know what 9B206 is heres the scoop

apple put out a silent update to 5.1.1 on iPhone 4 GSM only
    The firmware 5.1.1 stays the same but the build number changes from 9B206 to 9B208 which absinthe 2.0.1 doesn't support 9B208 only 9B206
    Lastly to see if your iPhone 4 GSM (AT&T is gsm in the united states) has build 9B206 or 9B208 go to settings general about scroll down and it'll tell you which version of 5.1.1 you have!
    So if you have 9B208 see my post above to fix this, you'd better hurry cause I don't know how long apple will continue signing it!
    Last edited by trialnterror; 05-26-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It is easier than your steps above...
    1. Download 9B206 you can find it on the web
    2. Start iTunes and back up your iPhone 4 GSM
    3. Hold shift and hit Restore then locate the iphone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore and restore with 5.1.1
    4. After it is done reinstall your backup
    5. Run the jailbreak software and you are done

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Sweet, thanks for the quick answer celeron. Seems a bit odd though....why keep signing the older version? Usually, the window would almost certainly be closed by now.
    Yep weird

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been running a 4s on 5.0.1 (9A405) jb'd with absinthe extensively tweaked for some time happily. Is there any reason for me to update and redo it all? Naturally it's driving me nuts wondering since it's an option Instinct says don't fix what ain't broke.... Pros? Cons? I've been too busy to keep up. Just jb'd my buddy's 5.1.1 4s tonight smoothly. He's happy to be back

derp

Thanks

5.1.1 has better battery life and a few other small features

Green Apple
    Thanks

What if I feel my battery is pretty good? If pkg backup works I may consider but I've got a ton of time invested in my setup. I'll do the leg work if it's worth it but I'm wondering if I have no gripes will I notice a worth while gain? Battery improvement. Lol. How about it won't last long. A day and I'm happy. And it does that. Charge at night. Occasionally I get to the nervous 30 percent range by dinner.

Thanks

The JB seemed to work, but I am having this issue: the weather in my themes (Jade HD and Basalt HD) do not display the correct location. I had checked the config files and they do have the correct weather code. I've tried repringing, rebooting, even uninstalling and reinstalling the themes with no success. Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianblondeau View Post
    What if I feel my battery is pretty good? If pkg backup works I may consider but I've got a ton of time invested in my setup. I'll do the leg work if it's worth it but I'm wondering if I have no gripes will I notice a worth while gain? Battery improvement. Lol. How about it won't last long. A day and I'm happy. And it does that. Charge at night. Occasionally I get to the nervous 30 percent range by dinner.
    If its good, it's your decision if you want to update or not. Some just update because they want to have the latest firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm thinking I'll stay where I am and be comforted that the gods have cracked the most recent. Can't see how I would gain from it in my circumstance. I'm not the type to do it just to see 5.1.1 in my settings. Lol. That's a silly reason to go through it all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    I've followed these exact 1-2 steps since yesterday & no jailbreak. I get a message something like (... retry jailbreaking again...) any idea what's causing this?

iPhone 4, by the way

Thanks in advance
    Had the same issue. I backed up my cydia apps with Aptbackup, did a backup in iTunes, updated to 5.1.1, THEN RESTORED MY PHONE TO FACTORY DEFAULT, and started Absinthe. JB worked perfect! Restored my backup, Downloaded Aptbackup from Cydia, restored and everything is again as it was, but nog on 5.1.1!

Thanks

Des anybody here know anyone who worked on the jailbreak personally? Just that I eagerly await the iPad 2,4 absinthe support

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have restored as mentioned on the instructions but Absinthe keep saying I need to activate the device before using it. It was already activated before the restore, also I don't own the original microSIM. Any help on this stuck?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this "jailbreak" also an unlock? Sorry for the rookie question, but I am living overseas and desperately want to unlock my AT&T iPhone 4. I've done this download successfully, but my UK TMobile SIM is not working in it so I am assuming it's not unlocked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!