+ Reply
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Jailbreak Your iOS 5.1.1 Device With Absinthe 2

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Originally Posted by supersmoov I'm having trouble with my device. It is on 5.1.1 (9B208) but will not complete the jailbreak. I have searched high and low for Absinthe 2.0.2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersmoov View Post
    I'm having trouble with my device. It is on 5.1.1 (9B208) but will not complete the jailbreak. I have searched high and low for Absinthe 2.0.2 as that seems to be the only way that I have found to successfully jailbreak the phone with that version. Any help?
    Does it give you an error message at all?? What device?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it's like someone keeps hitting the home button and the spring swipes by itself and and moves from page to page and it's hard to open an app. When you do it just starts swiping by itself and pulling up the keyboard, and acting like its hitting the home button twice to bring up items in the dock. have you had a problem like this with this jailbreak?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clees501 View Post
    it's like someone keeps hitting the home button and the spring swipes by itself and and moves from page to page and it's hard to open an app. When you do it just starts swiping by itself and pulling up the keyboard, and acting like its hitting the home button twice to bring up items in the dock. have you had a problem like this with this jailbreak?
    you may have installed some app or tweaks that conflicted with each other or system files(incompatibility)

try restoring to a custom 5.1.1 firmware again, and jailbreak using redsn9w 0.9.12b1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I currently have an iPhone 4s running iOS 5.0.1 which is jailbroken. I want to go to iOS 5.1.1 and keep my jailbreak. I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this? Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

That's not possible. You must do a complete restore, update to 5.1.1, and then jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.2 or Redsn0w.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's what I thought.. What's the best way of doing a complete restore?

Thanks

Restoring through iTunes. Just click the device that shows up when you plugin your device and there will be 2 options, restore, and update. You will want to hit 'Restore'. Just be sure to backup your data first though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

canonshooter (06-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Restoring through iTunes. Just click the device that shows up when you plugin your device and there will be 2 options, restore, and update. You will want to hit 'Restore'. Just be sure to backup your data first though.
    Great, thanks! I thought it would be more involved than that. So when I restore using iTunes, it will just write over the current jailbroken OS on my iPhone with the latest iOS? What's the best way to back up my Cydia purchased apps so I can restore them easily when I upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 and jailbreak that?

Thanks

It'll just delete every single bit of iOS off your device and toss it. From there it will install a fresh set of iOS into the device. You can backup your Cydia stuff with xBackup. Your purchased items won't need to be recovered or backed up because you can log into your ROCK, PayPal, etc. and use it to show you already have a license for the product.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

canonshooter (06-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    It'll just delete every single bit of iOS off your device and toss it. From there it will install a fresh set of iOS into the device. You can backup your Cydia stuff with xBackup. Your purchased items won't need to be recovered or backed up because you can log into your ROCK, PayPal, etc. and use it to show you already have a license for the product.
    Just did a full restore, then set it up as a new phone, used Absinthe to jailbreak it, then did a restore from backup. I then downloaded xBackup, ran it and voila, my phone is right back to where it used to be! Apps in the right folders and everything. I loved it! Thanks!

Thanks

No problem, Glad it worked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So my iPhone 4s and iPad 2 are jailbroken with Absinthe v1 on 5.0.1 I've got tons of crap downloaded from cydia and all kinds of tweaks. I wanna upgrade my jailbreak to 5.1.1 and I was wondering if someone can either write me or direct me to an easy guide on how to upgrade my jailbreak and get everything back together right!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think this iPhone is a brick I did the restore and jailbreak with redsnow. thing was still tripping, restore again, and it's still jacked up without the jailbreak. I think this phone has a hardware issue, if i take it to apple and they run a diagnostic on it will they know I have run jailbreak software on this phone? Need help big time. I have jailbreak this phone for almost two years. Starting with 4.1 jailbreak. Do you think all the jailbreaks have messed up the phone? I have jailbreak this phone over 10 times with green poison and redsnow. Now I am reluctant to jailbreak my next phone. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serianni View Post
    So my iPhone 4s and iPad 2 are jailbroken with Absinthe v1 on 5.0.1 I've got tons of crap downloaded from cydia and all kinds of tweaks. I wanna upgrade my jailbreak to 5.1.1 and I was wondering if someone can either write me or direct me to an easy guide on how to upgrade my jailbreak and get everything back together right!

Just make sure you backup in iTunes first.

Then restore, it will update to 5.1.1 and you can jailbreak from there and get your apps back
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Just make sure you backup in iTunes first.

Then restore, it will update to 5.1.1 and you can jailbreak from there and get your apps back
    Yeah but iTunes won't back up all my cydia tweaks will it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clees501 View Post
    I think this iPhone is a brick I did the restore and jailbreak with redsnow. thing was still tripping, restore again, and it's still jacked up without the jailbreak. I think this phone has a hardware issue, if i take it to apple and they run a diagnostic on it will they know I have run jailbreak software on this phone? Need help big time. I have jailbreak this phone for almost two years. Starting with 4.1 jailbreak. Do you think all the jailbreaks have messed up the phone? I have jailbreak this phone over 10 times with green poison and redsnow. Now I am reluctant to jailbreak my next phone. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    They won't be able to tell, just put it in DFU and take it to them.
    We have jailbreak guides in the very top left hand part of the page where it says 'I want to jailbreak my...' Select your device and firmware and you'll be good to go. By the way, you can't upgrade jailbreaks. You have to restore to a new firmware, and then rejailbreak them. You can backup your Cydia apps with xBackup.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

Serianni (06-17-2012)

Thanks

Yeah but iTunes won't back up all my cydia tweaks will it?
    No it won't
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 4s w/5.1.1No sim yet, need to Jailbreak. Curently Activated? Have paid unock in 2-3 day
    Can I JB with out a sim card . I think it activated, works fine with internet etc. Will be using it with T-mobile, currently I'm waiting for the paid unlock to happen 2-3 days. It would be nice if I can JB now with Absinthe 2 now. I don't want to connect to itunes Im afraid Ill loose my activation and access to the phone.

Thanks

Ken
    Ken

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Like just using it over wifi for now? Ya it shouldn't matter should e able to jailbreak I would think.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also don't have any sim in now? I don't want to loose my activation by connecting to iTunes till my unlock comes through.

Thanks for the help 2K1

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Like just using it over wifi for now? Ya it shouldn't matter should e able to jailbreak I would think.
    Ken