+ Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 275

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
For some reason I just cant get Absinthe to detect my phone. Windows and itunes detects it but with Absinthe i always get a error. I followed all the steps
...
  1. #161
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    For some reason I just cant get Absinthe to detect my phone. Windows and itunes detects it but with Absinthe i always get a error. I followed all the steps multiple times. Including erasing all data and starting fresh and still nothing.

  2. #162
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    From Orlando to Piraeus, Greece
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by karong View Post
    For some reason I just cant get Absinthe to detect my phone. Windows and itunes detects it but with Absinthe i always get a error. I followed all the steps multiple times. Including erasing all data and starting fresh and still nothing.
    Did you restore and setup as new? Tried right clicking absinthe and running as admin?

  3. #163
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Anybody having an issue with the JB failing for the 4S when it is in the JB data load stage? I have had mine fail 6x, telling me that absinthe.exe has stopped working. Phone was backed up and all content was removed. Anyone have any suggestions?

  4. #164
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    From Orlando to Piraeus, Greece
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sna2rwl View Post
    Anybody having an issue with the JB failing for the 4S when it is in the JB data load stage? I have had mine fail 6x, telling me that absinthe.exe has stopped working. Phone was backed up and all content was removed. Anyone have any suggestions?
    What windows version do you have? Try right clicking and running as administrator. If you have vista try right clicking, going to properties, compatibility and ticking compatibility to windows xp sp3 and run as admin.

    Reboot your machine as well.

  5. #165
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i need help after jb i get a no service error. I tried toogle VPN on but its asking me to add configuration Pls help

  6. #166
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    What windows version do you have? Try right clicking and running as administrator. If you have vista try right clicking, going to properties, compatibility and ticking compatibility to windows xp sp3 and run as admin.

    Reboot your machine as well.
    Running Windows 7, and I ran absinthe as administrator too. I will try and do the reboot to see if that works.

  7. #167
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    From Orlando to Piraeus, Greece
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sna2rwl View Post
    Running Windows 7, and I ran absinthe as administrator too. I will try and do the reboot to see if that works.
    Alright.

  8. #168
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Errors while running Absinthe
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    What windows version do you have? Try right clicking and running as administrator. If you have vista try right clicking, going to properties, compatibility and ticking compatibility to windows xp sp3 and run as admin.

    Reboot your machine as well.

    Guys try switching the 4S in Airplane mode and then run Absinthe again!!! It worked for me and the error "Absinthe has stopped working" did not appear. I was able to JB easily. I figured that the error arises due to the fact that the phone starts establishing a connection with your carrier and also automatically screen locks is activated once the software reboots the phone.

    Hope this helps!!!

  9. #169
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    Did you restore and setup as new? Tried right clicking absinthe and running as admin?
    Yes I did all of that. I finally got it to work tho. I used another computer with Vista on it and it went smooth. I was running Windows 7 before. Dont know if its buggy with Windows 7 but on my other Vista PC i had no issues at all.

  10. #170
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by staylor51065 View Post
    any chance this jailbreak will be available to users of 3GS? my power button is broken and can't put into DFU mode for other jailbreaks. If not, anyone have any ideas for me?
    You can get into a DFU state without using the power button, however it does require making a modification to the ipsw,& the only way out is to do a restore.

  11. #171
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Jailbreak issues
    Hi guys, here’s my issues. I tried windows version absinthe and it kept hanging up saying jailbreak started, this may take awhile. It went on for over an hour and tried it numerous times. I tried the CLI steps it it kept saying something about the file being too large to process.

    I reset my phone and restored, then I tried to run absinthe again with the same issue. I attempted CLI version and it seemed to be running fine. I went through all of the steps and at the very end when I toggled VPN it did not reboot. I tried toggling numerous times to no avail. I rebooted my phone manually and it works fine but no jailbreak., no Cydia. Under settings>general>profile it says jailbreak.

    Now I'm a relative noob to jailbreaking, I jailbroke my iPhone 4 before I got the 4s. I read the steps on here recommending that I reset the phone, jailbreak, and then restore. Stupid question but when I restore that won't clear out the jailbreak?

    I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

  12. #172
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    From Orlando to Piraeus, Greece
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MAJIK1969 View Post
    Hi guys, here’s my issues. I tried windows version absinthe and it kept hanging up saying jailbreak started, this may take awhile. It went on for over an hour and tried it numerous times. I tried the CLI steps it it kept saying something about the file being too large to process.

    I reset my phone and restored, then I tried to run absinthe again with the same issue. I attempted CLI version and it seemed to be running fine. I went through all of the steps and at the very end when I toggled VPN it did not reboot. I tried toggling numerous times to no avail. I rebooted my phone manually and it works fine but no jailbreak., no Cydia. Under settings>general>profile it says jailbreak.

    Now I'm a relative noob to jailbreaking, I jailbroke my iPhone 4 before I got the 4s. I read the steps on here recommending that I reset the phone, jailbreak, and then restore. Stupid question but when I restore that won't clear out the jailbreak?

    I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!
    Hi, yes when you restore it will clean out everything. Do a restore and setup as new and run the program again (either Absinthe or cinject, ONE of the two). And you will be fine.

  13. #173
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Just to clarify, After I reset my phone and jailbreak it I won't be able to sync it to iTunes and get all my apps, music, mail settings, text, and notes back without clearing out the jailbreak? I'll have to manually download music and apps back to my phone? Trying to make this as efficient as possible.

    Again I'm sorry if this is a silly question....

  14. #174
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by khantil View Post
    Guys try switching the 4S in Airplane mode and then run Absinthe again!!! It worked for me and the error "Absinthe has stopped working" did not appear. I was able to JB easily. I figured that the error arises due to the fact that the phone starts establishing a connection with your carrier and also automatically screen locks is activated once the software reboots the phone.

    Hope this helps!!!
    Switched to Airplane mode, and it still gave me the error. Once it reboots it auto locks the screen, I made sure that settings were lock screen "never".
    Any other recommendations?

  15. #175
    iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 56 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by karong View Post
    For some reason I just cant get Absinthe to detect my phone. Windows and itunes detects it but with Absinthe i always get a error. I followed all the steps multiple times. Including erasing all data and starting fresh and still nothing.
    Had same issue to Begin with. Make sure iTunes closed. Use good cable. Right click Absinthe Icon and choose Run as administrator. Then should recognize. Remember to turn off iPhone Passcode lock first.

    Did the jailbreak. No problems at all.

    I synced. I removed music videos and apps

    I closed iTunes.

    I turned off Passcode lock on iPhone

    I DID NOT. Clear all content and settings

    I DID NOT. Turn on VPN

    I connected iPhone to computer.

    I Right clicked on Absinthe and Ran As Administrator.

    Jailbreak button. Let it Run.

    When prompted I clicked on Icon on the phone

    Let it Run. Done.

    Connected to iTunes.

    Restored Apps and music etc.

    Restored to backup.

    Done. Everything fine. Opened Cydia. Started adding Mods.

    Could not have worked better.

    IPhone 4s 16GB Factory unlocked 9A405. 5.0.1

    Thanks DreamTeam
    Last edited by chriscoyne; 01-23-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

  16. #176
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    i jailbroke my ipad2 flawlessly (missing pics though) but my 4s is being a pain. I keep getting the ABSINTHE app on my phone clicking it and nothing happening. ive completely erased and set up as a new iphone multiple times and still just cant get past thisa screen. i enabled VPN got the error and still nothing. idk what to do.

  17. #177
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i am having a problem using Absinthe application.... it says " the application Absinthe quit unexpectedly " Click Relaunch to launch the application again or report to see more details or send a report to apple....

    is it because i m using Mac version 10.5.8 and not Lion the latest version for MAC....

    please i am eager to jailbreak my iPhone 4S......

  18. #178
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sna2rwl View Post
    Switched to Airplane mode, and it still gave me the error. Once it reboots it auto locks the screen, I made sure that settings were lock screen "never".
    Any other recommendations?
    Figured it out. Make sure the absinthe.exe and data files are on the desktop. Once I did that, it worked. Thanks for everybody's help!

  19. #179
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    iPad2.

    No problems JBing. Synced/backed up prior to running jb. I did NOT erase all content. took roughly 20 mins, but no issues after running the JB. I restarted the iPad a few times after noticing white mail icon, but been using the iPad all day without any other issues after a couple of reboots.

    Thanks!

  20. #180
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscoyne View Post

    Restored Apps and music etc.

    Restored to backup.

    Done. Everything fine. Opened Cydia. Started adding Mods.

    Thanks DreamTeam
    I want to clarify something. If I completely reset my phone and setup as new then I can go back after I jailbreak it and restore from my backup for all of my apps and music without messing up the jailbreak?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts