+ Reply
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
worked perfect backed upto icloud erase all cont and settings jb restore from icloud all good thx! restored everything. i press cydia and screen just flashes and does nothing. help
    Green Apple
    Thanks

worked perfect
    backed upto icloud
    erase all cont and settings
    jb
    restore from icloud
    all good
    thx!

restored everything. i press cydia and screen just flashes and does nothing. help
    Last edited by darenl; 01-21-2012 at 06:38 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Did your pics disappear? I didn't erase either but my photos are gone for some reason.
    That's weird, now my pics have reappeared all of a sudden! iPad 2 and 4S now jailbroken! Thanks again team!

Green Apple
    Thanks

worked as well! on ipad 2, yes, back to the good life!!!!

oh, donation = done!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I may try to help those who have been waiting around while Absinth seemed to stick, or crash, have just JB my 4S after the god knows how many times and realised that as i'd removed the application from the original folder it couldn't find the data folder, put it back to it's original destinationa nd it worked brilliantly. In the workds of Del Boy, "what a plonker"!!! Hope this helps anyone who was as dippy as me :s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SLIGHT confusion with the Jailbreaking guide. Here's what I did to get it to work:

1. Hook up to iTunes and create a backup BEFORE you start any Jailbreaking. (either iCloud or save to your computer) IF YOU HAVE PHOTOS/VIDEOS in your camera roll, go to your iPhone in your My Computer menu and CUT-AND-PASTE THEM ALL TO YOUR PC IN A SAFE SPOT. OTHERWISE, THEY ARE GOING BYE BYE. Music should be saved via iCloud/iTunes Purchase History and/or in your iTunes Media Library on your PC anyway, so no worries there. Same with apps - they are saved in iCloud/iTunes purchase history. You just want to make sure your personal photos and videos are backed up manually.

(I suggest backing up your personal videos/photos first and then deleting them off your iPhone to save time when you do the iTunes Backup.)

2. Once done, go to your iPhone/iPad and then navigate to: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
    3. Let your phone completely erase to scratch. Once done it'll take you back to "IPHONE" - CONFIGURATION home screen.
    4. Now, slide the configuration bar and re-set up your iPhone like you did when you first bought it. However, when you get to the Restore menu, select to RESTORE FROM BACKUP.
    5. It'll tell you to hook up to iTunes or iCloud. Do it and restore your phone.
    6. Your phone will now be restored, however, it'll be missing music and photos and videos. Don't synch them back to your phone yet. Wait till after you Jailbreak to save a lot of time.
    7. JAILBREAK TIME! Close iTunes if it'sstill open and then run Absinthe.
    8. For me, it took about 2 minutes to get the Absinthe Icon App on my 4S. Once it's there, click it and let it install Cydia.
    9. After your device reboots, you should only see the CYDIA App. If that happened, CONGRATS - YOU'RE JAILBROKEN.
    10. I suggest doing a manual device reboot at this point. Disconnect the cable from your PC first.
    11. TADA - all done. Now hook back up to iTunes to re-synch all your Music and stuff back onto your phone, if you want to.
    12. That's it. Click on CYDIA and start opening up your phone to the REAL WORLD OUTSIDE APPLE'S CLUTCHES!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I restored, and it works. Thank you all. I will be donating this comming week. Great work, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

I couldn't jailbreak using Wifi tethering from my iphone , so decided to put the sim onto my ipad and it jailbreaks right away. My ipad is now jailbroken but there are bugs like my Docks icons dissappear, white icons , Multi Gestures stops working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok jb iphone. reboots to homescreen. cydia there. now how do i restore from icloud?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

kudos to the dev team to give us A5 jailbreak but absinthe didn't work for me at all. I'm going to wait for redsnow or something.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm about give up... i been trying to jailbreak on both ipad 2 and 4s iphone. both has been restored twice.. i keep getting errors as Absinthe.exe has stop working. I have Vista Pc and Window 7 laptop.. both has same errors. So i went back try it again on my computer ( Vista ) on Iphone 4s.. now it stuck on Restore in Progress in 30 minutes.. what would happen if i unplug it...I don't really want to give up.. can anyone help me. pls.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my phone is jailbroken fine i have cydia and everything but when i try and download anything from cydia is says the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies that cannot be automatically found or fixed anyone else getting this?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I need some help, i was able to jailbreak my 4s but when i try and jailbreak my ipad 2 it installs the absinthe app. once i click the app nothing happens, i try the vpn thing and get the error but it never restarts. i have tried to rerun the jailbreak program but still nothing happens

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im about to give up. First time I tried it just stuck at the "beginning " process for like 30 mins. Blue bar didnt move at all. I disconnected, rebooted tried again and it wont detect my iphone. Says "error detecting device (lockdown error 256). Tried restoring my phone and trying again still the same detection error. I tried about 10 times and still cant get it to detect my phone except for that first initial time. This is very frustrating.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

absinthe is not a really good jailbreak tool...too many people are having problems and bugs. I just hope the dev team releases a proper tool that works for everybody. I believe this was a rushed product. I might have to use CLI to jailbreak after all.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcwyatt View Post
    I'm about give up... i been trying to jailbreak on both ipad 2 and 4s iphone. both has been restored twice.. i keep getting errors as Absinthe.exe has stop working. I have Vista Pc and Window 7 laptop.. both has same errors. So i went back try it again on my computer ( Vista ) on Iphone 4s.. now it stuck on Restore in Progress in 30 minutes.. what would happen if i unplug it...I don't really want to give up.. can anyone help me. pls.
    ok.. it went thru ( Restore in Progress ) now i still get error message... anyone know how to fix it.

How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)-absinthe-errors.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i keep getting the same sh**t this is getting really f*CKING ANNOYING

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok.. it went thru ( Restore in Progress ) now i still get error message... anyone know how to fix it.

Attachment 561651
    I've been in the same boat as you for the last hour or so. Did everything as instructed over and over and over.....nothing.....

Then finally I simply changed the Auto-Lock setting from 2 minutes to 10 minutes and just like that after over an hour of trying it finally worked.

Dunno if that is gonna work for anybody else but it's worth a try.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i'm sorry to say but absinthe really sucks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Neat... after a reboot, Cydia's icon turned white and crashed when opening. Guess it's time for a re-do?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

thank so much

+ Reply
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast