+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Originally Posted by jwil736 Did you do the basic setup after erasing all content and settings? Setup as new iphone and then run Absinthe. This just happened to me. no
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Did you do the basic setup after erasing all content and settings? Setup as new iphone and then run Absinthe. This just happened to me.
    no i did not. just did and worked perfectly. Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I'm sorry but what do you mean by making the mistake in not doing a set up iphone after a rest??
    after you reset your iphone,the home screen should prompt you to set up your iphone 4s like you did when you first purchased it,do this before the JAILBREAK!it fixed my jailbreaking issues and it seems others as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well done!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Followed installation for Ipad 2 and did a clean install, got up to pressing the absinthe app andit opens a black page with the logo saying 'ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand by... this isnt what the tutorial says should happen and after leaving it for 15 - 20 mins nothing is still happening what am i doing wrong?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it. I backed up through icloud right before. I reset all settings. I did not go through the normal process of setting up iphone when you first turn it on. I forgot to back up through icloud. I lost all my info. Cydia was there, but I reset all my settings again so that I could back up through icloud, maybe I could have done that a different way. I regained my back up. Now I try to open cydia, and it instantly crashes the app. It wont even open all the way before it closes. I tried hit the jailbreak button on the absinthe exe program, and it says error: device already jailbroken! detected untether. So now I am stuck with this cydia app on my iphone, that will not open. I have tried to reset all settings again, and cydia remains. And I cant run the jailbreak program again because I keep getting this error message? Is there any way to get cydia off the iphone so that I can run the program again?

I tried it. I backed up through icloud right before. I reset all settings. I did not go through the normal process of setting up iphone when you first turn it on. I forgot to back up through icloud. I lost all my info. Cydia was there, but I reset all my settings again so that I could back up through icloud, maybe I could have done that a different way. I regained my back up. Now I try to open cydia, and it instantly crashes the app. It wont even open all the way before it closes. I tried hit the jailbreak button on the absinthe exe program, and it says error: device already jailbroken! detected untether. So now I am stuck with this cydia app on my iphone, that will not open. I have tried to reset all settings again, and cydia remains. And I cant run the jailbreak program again because I keep getting this error message? Is there any way to get cydia off the iphone so that I can run the program again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darenl View Post
    This is the message i get when starting Absinthe, the attached device has a backup password set. you need to disable the backup password in itunes before you can continue. start itunes remove backup password and start this program again.
    now what do i do????
    Lol ......... do what it requests go to itunes and disable your back up password

iPhone? More like MyPhone lil red wagon's Avatar
    Thanks

I have tried to jb my ipad 2 on two different machines, both machinges i get "absinthe has encountered a problem and must close"... tried running as admin, running regular, and by checking compatability issues, still the same thing... anyone got a suggestion?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I noticed my photos are gone after the JB but it appears the data is still there according to General > About. Anyone else have this problem? I will get iFile and see if I can find them through there.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

are your guys getting 'restore in progress' on the iphone screen while the blue bar hangs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    no i did not. just did and worked perfectly. Thank you!
    So, Jayman, since we seemed to be in the same situation, let me see if I understand what worked for you:

1) backup
    2) erase content (optional, of course)
    3) go through the "whole set up as new" routine (but only stock apps, no media for expediency)
    4) run absinthe
    5) restore from backup

Is this correct?

I just restored my phone back to status quo ante, and might leave it for the night, but I'll try again tomorrow if you can confirm the above. Thanks in advance.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help
    in short, is there anyway to get cydia off your phone, or take the jailbreak away, so that I will not get the error message that states this iphone is already jailbroken! from absinthe.exe program?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

unless I'm wrong, the only choice you have is restore your iphone with itunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks.. work...

iPhone? More like MyPhone coiledserpent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorry if im off topic here but now that my 4s is jailbroke where can i get an up to date list of all available repos?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked perfectly, ty. Donation has already been sent. Great work team.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have jb iphone now on home screen how do i restore from icloud???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    So, Jayman, since we seemed to be in the same situation, let me see if I understand what worked for you:

1) backup
    2) erase content (optional, of course)
    3) go through the "whole set up as new" routine (but only stock apps, no media for expediency)
    4) run absinthe
    5) restore from backup

Is this correct?

I just restored my phone back to status quo ante, and might leave it for the night, but I'll try again tomorrow if you can confirm the above. Thanks in advance.
    Exactly! Once I did the setup as new...you know choose the language etc., it ran flawlessly.

Green Apple
    Thanks

awesome!!!!! took 5 minutes max without erasing

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c14rlf View Post
    awesome!!!!! took 5 minutes max without erasing
    Did your pics disappear? I didn't erase either but my photos are gone for some reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,343 Times in 4,251 Posts

wow thats was super easy! ipad 2 is now free! thank you all!!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast