+ Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 275

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Just jailbroke my ipad2 without erasing content and settings first. (I started before I had a chance to read this...) Now my calendar icon is transparent and my notes icon
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    Just jailbroke my ipad2 without erasing content and settings first. (I started before I had a chance to read this...) Now my calendar icon is transparent and my notes icon is solid white. Started doing my 4S and it's just hanging on the Absinthe screen for like 15 minutes now. Thinking about starting over...

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dojo
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    When i backup using itunes or icloud, will games that i have such as "words with friends" still be able to keep all my current games and progress after i restore when the jailbreak is complete?

  3. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Worked perfectly! Love you guys for the amazing work!

  4. #24
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,921
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

    Wow, gonna love this Absinthe ( Windows ) Eve of Chinese New Year 2012 ( Year of the Dragon ) .. Great Jobs to the Dev Team.

  5. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This is the message i get when starting Absinthe, the attached device has a backup password set. you need to disable the backup password in itunes before you can continue. start itunes remove backup password and start this program again.
    now what do i do????

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak? liverjello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    my phone just stays on "ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by..." Am i missing a step?

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic Amadomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Doing it now to my 4S. I did erase content since I had nearly 32 (er, 28) GB of stuff. It's taking a while, but I'm patient. And confident in Chronic-Dev. Will report back.

  8. #28
    Green Apple Pepsolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Thumb up!

  9. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Crud, mine has been hung up on the "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..." screen forever. Blue bar hasn't moved. Have tried rebooting, etc and goes right to the same spot and hangs.

  10. #30
    iPhoneaholic Amadomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    Crud, mine has been hung up on the "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..." screen forever. Blue bar hasn't moved. Have tried rebooting, etc and goes right to the same spot and hangs.
    That's exactly where I am too. I'm just going to sit tight--it may be my slow-@s$ laptop...
    Quaerite et invenietis.

  11. #31
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Wow, gonna love this Absinthe ( Windows ) Eve of Chinese New Year 2012 ( Year of the Dragon ) .. Great Jobs to the Dev Team.
    Totally true.
    This Absinthe Windows version is the most simple and easy jailbreak tool released. Work on my 1st try. Great Jobs Dev Dream Team.

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 56 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darenl View Post
    This is the message i get when starting Absinthe, the attached device has a backup password set. you need to disable the backup password in itunes before you can continue. start itunes remove backup password and start this program again.
    now what do i do????
    Think you had your password lock on before starting. Start again. Do normal restore from backup. Then turn off the passcode lock. Do Break again. Might want to just restore basics turn off …remove all Apps except basic Apple ones… Music Video. Keep it simple then break. See if it helps.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

  13. #33
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    It appears that once Cydia is on your device, it screws with your ability to use the "erase all content and settings" function. Tried this on ipad2 and iPhone 4S and both just hang on the spinning wheel. Ugh.

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    That's exactly where I am too. I'm just going to sit tight--it may be my slow-@s$ laptop...
    I let it go for about 40 mins and it didn't budge. I just restored back. I'll just hang tight till people have been using it a little longer.

  15. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    522
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    Crud, mine has been hung up on the "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..." screen forever. Blue bar hasn't moved. Have tried rebooting, etc and goes right to the same spot and hangs.
    Same here while trying to JB my iPad 2. It's just sitting there and doesn't appear to be doing anything according to task manager. The "sync" icon was spinning on my iPad at first but then it stopped and hasn't done anything since for 30 mins.

  16. #36
    iPhoneaholic Amadomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    I let it go for about 40 mins and it didn't budge. I just restored back. I'll just hang tight till people have been using it a little longer.
    Huh. I was just about to do the same thing. Oh well. What are the commonalities among those for whom it works, and apparently so flawlessly?
    Quaerite et invenietis.

  17. #37
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    do you mean turn off the passcode lock in itunes????

  18. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    That's exactly where I am too. I'm just going to sit tight--it may be my slow-@s$ laptop...
    Im in the same boat as both of you guys. I let it sit for 45 min and then I started it over and it said "it looks like you have tried to jailbreak before. will try to fix now"....Then it said "recovery complete. if you wish to try the jailbreak again unplug and replug in your device". I did that and now Ive been at the beginning jailbreak phase again for 20 more min. guess Ill just leave it hooked up and be patient.....

  19. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveforbball View Post
    Im in the same boat as both of you guys. I let it sit for 45 min and then I started it over and it said "it looks like you have tried to jailbreak before. will try to fix now"....Then it said "recovery complete. if you wish to try the jailbreak again unplug and replug in your device". I did that and now Ive been at the beginning jailbreak phase again for 20 more min. guess Ill just leave it hooked up and be patient.....
    Yeah 40 minutes was enough for me. I'm back to normal now. Will hang tight till I see what happens on here. Afraid that if it's buggy trying to jailbreak then the phone will end up buggy. Wonder what the reason is for some having no issue at all. I'm on a 4S 5.0.1 (9A405)...trying to do this from Win XP computer.

  20. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    522
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Same here while trying to JB my iPad 2. It's just sitting there and doesn't appear to be doing anything according to task manager. The "sync" icon was spinning on my iPad at first but then it stopped and hasn't done anything since for 30 mins.
    Ok, I just restarted the JB app and it worked the 2nd time! Now time to JB my 4S.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts