+ Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Woot! Jailbroken i4S! The wait wasn't so bad actually..
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Woot! Jailbroken i4S! The wait wasn't so bad actually..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can you be 5.0.0?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    Can you be 5.0.0?
    On a 4S yes. On a iPad 2 no.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

add me to the list of successes. Did a backup in itunes, but did not even do an initial erase(only had apps and photos, no movies or music) and everything ran just fine. Total process only took about 10 minutes maybe? And so far so good.

Thanks team!

-Luke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default not working
    i downloaded absinthe on my phone.As soon as i click it a black screen comes showing "absinthe is applying settings and please standby"
    i stood by for 20 mins. but there was no progress.
    please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPad 2 with 5.01, worked flawlessly, version 0.3. Did not lose anything on the iPad, did not reset anything as well. Just worked within 10 min. Free at last. Thanks to all who made this possible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does this process work for ipad 1 wifi model???

Thanks

Tried several times. Waited about 45min-1hr each time. Blue progress bar never moved passed 5%. Was a fresh install, win vista. I got tired of waiting over a few hours and several attempts and just restored my phone and figured I might try again some other day when I can wait a few hours or until the process is more streamlined. I kinda wonder what the problem is. It all seems fishy to me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had the exact same problem...blue bar would not go past 5% no matter how much I waited but then what worked for me was to erase all content and settings and have the iphone properly activated and jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Just jailbroke my ipad2 without erasing content and settings first. (I started before I had a chance to read this...) Now my calendar icon is transparent and my notes icon is solid white. Started doing my 4S and it's just hanging on the Absinthe screen for like 15 minutes now. Thinking about starting over...
    i have done my iphone 4s you need to put it on i tunes and backup then restore so it will erase all content and then start over it will jailbreak and you just redownload everything you had on it previously.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jorddydre For This Useful Post:

adrift98 (02-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I had the exact same problem...blue bar would not go past 5% no matter how much I waited but then what worked for me was to erase all content and settings and have the iphone properly activated and jailbreak.
    I did that. I backed up and erased all content and settings. It still never progressed. After dealing with it for 2hrs I had to restore so I would have a functioning phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hmmm!!!! do you have the latest Itunes installed?

makes sure the latest itunes recognizes the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When you jail break your phone can you revert it if you need too?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vewillia View Post
    When you jail break your phone can you revert it if you need too?
    yes, by restoring in itunes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    hmmm!!!! do you have the latest Itunes installed?

makes sure the latest itunes recognizes the phone.
    Quick question, what does the latest iTunes have to do with the jail breaking software? Absinthe detects the iPhone connected and what firmware that's on the phone, what difference does iTunes have in that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Finally a way to Jailbreak my iPhone 3GS without having to sit there and boot into DFU Mode. That process was so boring and long when I was doing this for others. If I didn't get it right the first time it took another 10-15 minutes to get it out of the hanging apple logo. Now with Absinthe I'm able to do more Jailbreaks faster and easier without the hassle of having to do DFU booting! Thanks guys this Jailbreak worked like a charm! Forget jailbreakme.com, I use Absinthe now!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello people can someone please answer this question for me? I've been pondering upon it for countless days, even weeks and haven't been able to get an answer.

If i jailbreak my iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 with absinthe, will my warranty be void? If so, can i not just restore my phone to an original firmware of 5.0.1 to maintain my warranty?

Please reply as soon as possible, i'd like to get this dilemma solved once and for all.

Thanks again everybody, really appreciate the help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBreaKiPhonesFoRMoneY View Post
    Finally a way to Jailbreak my iPhone 3GS without having to sit there and boot into DFU Mode. That process was so boring and long when I was doing this for others. If I didn't get it right the first time it took another 10-15 minutes to get it out of the hanging apple logo. Now with Absinthe I'm able to do more Jailbreaks faster and easier without the hassle of having to do DFU booting! Thanks guys this Jailbreak worked like a charm! Forget jailbreakme.com, I use Absinthe now!
    Your happiness sounds like an infomercial. It's not that simple, fast, and easy for everyone. I spent 2 hrs trying to get past the 5% mark and nothing worked. I had to restore it back and wasted an evening for nothing. I hope there is a future improvement that tackles these problems and makes it work like magic like it did for you. Considering it simple and easy right now it just false advertisement.

Thanks

Default Make sure you reset and erase all settings from the iPhone itself, not from iTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsolman View Post
    I did that. I backed up and erased all content and settings. It still never progressed. After dealing with it for 2hrs I had to restore so I would have a functioning phone.
    I had the same no-go problem with lack of progress beyond about 5% on 2 computers, a couple of tries each. I had LOTS of apps and data on the 4S so I finally bit the bullet and did the reset - erase all settings and data from the settings app. Truly back to a "new" iPhone and then absinthe worked fine and progressed very quickly. FWIW.

HW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HCWHunter View Post
    I had the same no-go problem with lack of progress beyond about 5% on 2 computers, a couple of tries each. I had LOTS of apps and data on the 4S so I finally bit the bullet and did the reset - erase all settings and data from the settings app. Truly back to a "new" iPhone and then absinthe worked fine and progressed very quickly. FWIW.

HW
    A number of people state that the "erase all content and settings" step makes the difference for them. Like I said, I did this step. It didn't make any difference. Nothing. No progress. No jailbreak. So I restored.