+ Reply
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
well i got my 4s finally jailbroken. heres two things i tried at the same time so idk which one did the trick. but if your having the hanging at
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well i got my 4s finally jailbroken. heres two things i tried at the same time so idk which one did the trick. but if your having the hanging at ABSINTHE screen try this.
    1. instead of settings-general-reset-delete everything, just go to itunes-restore-then clean install or whatever and should work.
    2.. if using AT&T MCell turn it off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My "no service" error is fixed by itself. I'm guessing it was my airave that was acting up. As soon as i got out of the private network, i turn my phone off and back on and everything worked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked like a charm on AT&T iPhone 4s running 5.0.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MAJIK1969 View Post
    I want to clarify something. If I completely reset my phone and setup as new then I can go back after I jailbreak it and restore from my backup for all of my apps and music without messing up the jailbreak?
    Yes you can do that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cant jailbreak mi ipad2, it wont recognize my device.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow nobody has these Error Refreshing Data GPG errors like I do?

I tried adding cydia.************* and everytime I try and add an app I get these errors.

sorry bout that
    Last edited by ehren88888; 01-23-2012 at 08:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't post much, but I thought I would leave a bit of info that might be helpful to people who have lost their camera roll.. (for those who did the jailbreak without doing a full restore on their phone, AND those who failed the jailbreak, and have lost their camera roll).

First- download iExplorer here (which is basically reads your iphone as a disc, and therefore explore files on the iPhone)

Second- Assuming you haven't done a clean restore.. run the program and you will see a directory of your phone. Under MEDIA, select "Hackstore" (which I believe is the backup file used by Absinthe), and there you will see a "DCIM" folder containing all your sub folders containing all your photo/video's.

Third- Just copy the photos/videos to a folder on your desktop.

Hope this helps... I know I was a little worried when I thought I lost my photos and videos, so I just thought this might help. (maybe a sticky).

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ehren88888 View Post
    Wow nobody has these Error Refreshing Data GPG errors like I do?

I tried adding cydia.************* and everytime I try and add an app I get these errors.

sorry bout that
    Delete the source/s that's causing you the error, try refresh, you'll find it'll probably work then, then add them back in.

& it might have helped if you'd created a separate post for this so much going on in here it probably just got missed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MAJIK1969 View Post
    Just to clarify, After I reset my phone and jailbreak it I won't be able to sync it to iTunes and get all my apps, music, mail settings, text, and notes back without clearing out the jailbreak? I'll have to manually download music and apps back to my phone? Trying to make this as efficient as possible.

Again I'm sorry if this is a silly question....
    Incorrect on all fronts. Your phone will work as before, but you'll have a whole new source for apps and tweaks besides the app store.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

Anyone else has a weird issue where an icon or two is grey after the jailbreak like the appstore or notes?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    After removing large apps from my ipad2, leaving 15gb if free space, absinthe stopped hanging. However, when the program said to click on the "jailbreak" icon on fhe home screen, it was not there. I looked at all pages multiple times. Definitely not there. I'm trying agIn now.

Thanks

Default Thank you!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vtaran View Post
    Awesome! Thanks to everyone who made this posible!
    BUMP THAT!!!!!!
    You guys ROCK.... Thank You very much!!
    I just spent 5-hours tricking and customizing my 4S will all of Cydia's Goodness.
    THANKS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've read through a lot of comments and have found similar problems, but not one exactly like mine. Sorry in advance if this problem has already been cleared. My first jailbreak
    I have an iPad2 running 5.0.1 on a Win7 computer.
    After I hit jailbreak in absinthe.exe it started working. Maybe after a quarter of the way, about 3 minutes, I had dreaded pop up "Absinthe.exe has stop working." I closed the program and restarted it. By then my iPad2 had already rebooted from earlier during the jail break. Ran it again and clicked jail break. This time it said "Looks like you attempted to apply this jailebreak and it failed. Will try...(this is where it wouldn't show the rest of the sentence). After not clicking anything it then said "Recovery complete. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your...(couldn't see the rest of the sentence). So I unplug and plug in and the process repeated itself a few times.
    I did restart the iPad2, but not the computer. Is there something simple I'm missing or any easy fixes I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Everyone seems to be very happy with their jailbreak. I want to be one of those individuals

Jimmy

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "Absinthe.exe has stop working." - possible fix
    Quote Originally Posted by hockyfann09 View Post
    I've read through a lot of comments and have found similar problems, but not one exactly like mine. Sorry in advance if this problem has already been cleared. My first jailbreak
    I have an iPad2 running 5.0.1 on a Win7 computer.
    After I hit jailbreak in absinthe.exe it started working. Maybe after a quarter of the way, about 3 minutes, I had dreaded pop up "Absinthe.exe has stop working." I closed the program and restarted it. By then my iPad2 had already rebooted from earlier during the jail break. Ran it again and clicked jail break. This time it said "Looks like you attempted to apply this jailebreak and it failed. Will try...(this is where it wouldn't show the rest of the sentence). After not clicking anything it then said "Recovery complete. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your...(couldn't see the rest of the sentence). So I unplug and plug in and the process repeated itself a few times.
    I did restart the iPad2, but not the computer. Is there something simple I'm missing or any easy fixes I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Everyone seems to be very happy with their jailbreak. I want to be one of those individuals

Jimmy
    I don't have an iPad or on Windows 7, but I did have a similar issue. For me, it was a user error in how I extracted the Absinthe zip file. I double clicked in the zip file and got a pop-up showing the Absinthe exe file and a bunch of other files. It didn't look like the tutorial screen with the Absinthe icon or the "Data" folder but I tried the jailbreak anyway.

After several failed attempts, I started over from the beginning. This time I extracted the Absinthe zip file to an Absinthe folder. When I opened it up, I saw the Absinthe icon and the "Data" folder just like the tutorial showed. This time the jaillbreak completely successfully in about 15 minutes.

sna2rwl posted this earlier, "Figured it out. Make sure the absinthe.exe and data files are on the desktop. Once I did that, it worked".

Hope this helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    Delete the source/s that's causing you the error, try refresh, you'll find it'll probably work then, then add them back in.

& it might have helped if you'd created a separate post for this so much going on in here it probably just got missed
    thanks, damned if I do damned if I don't. I'm sure if I opened up a new thread i'd get blasted or a mod would have moved it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just wanted to thank the DEV TEAM again for this wonderful so far flawless jailbreak (knock on wood)
    I'm luv'n my 4s again which I almost had buyers remorse and if you guys can come out with another jailbreak for 5.1 fairly quick then you will be guaranteed another donation from yours truly.

don't let apple buy you guys out....live long and prosper.

Thanks

My Cydia sources (the ones that came by default) won't show any packages at all, so I can't install anything. Can someone enlighten me what is going on and how can I fix this?

And yeah, my photos are missing too. I think they are being detected as "other" in iTunes.

Never mind! Got my pictures back by running the restore twice. If you are having that same issue, run the Restore From Backup option again, and make sure you choose the same backup you chose at first!
    Last edited by Madeleine; 01-24-2012 at 11:23 PM.

kiv
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

managed to did it just fine, but when i open up cydia sources in the manage tab, saw list of sources but is empty in there. Anyone can enlighten me what went wrong? I tried searching for ********** but no result, could only seen apps that come with package. Anyone please help on this issue

To add on, i tried sync with apps downloaded from ********** in the itune library(back-up from old iphone) but failed.
    Last edited by kiv; 01-24-2012 at 11:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everything seemed to work as described for me but I can't get Cydia to launch on the phone. I rebooted it but didn't help.

Doing a factory restore through iTunes now and will re-jailbreak again to see but not sure what gives.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lokiju View Post
    Everything seemed to work as described for me but I can't get Cydia to launch on the phone. I rebooted it but didn't help.

Doing a factory restore through iTunes now and will re-jailbreak again to see but not sure what gives.
    Make sure you setup as new after the restore and them sync mot restore from backup