+ Reply
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
No problems so far except omnistat widget for notification center (sized for iphone, not ipad). Pod2G and team are gods...donated
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No problems so far except omnistat widget for notification center (sized for iphone, not ipad).

Pod2G and team are gods...donated

Green Apple
    Thanks

once clicking the absinthe icon i just get a white screen and the jb w0n't finish, anyone having this issue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did all the steps and it says look for the Absenthe icon on my phone and click it, well it isnt anywhere on my screen. It says check everywhere and I did, so I tried to do it over and it says it will recover, but there is still no greenpoison icon or cydia icon on my phone and I restarted it, any thing I should do, or how can I start over from scratch?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypher7810 View Post
    I did all the steps and it says look for the Absenthe icon on my phone and click it, well it isnt anywhere on my screen. It says check everywhere and I did, so I tried to do it over and it says it will recover, but there is still no greenpoison icon or cydia icon on my phone and I restarted it, any thing I should do, or how can I start over from scratch?
    Try to rerun absinthe
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did, and it just says that I tried it before and that it will try and fix the issue, and I end up with the same thing, it says complete and no greenpoison or absenthe or any icon added.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Erasing the phone first, jail breaking and the restoring worked perfect, Thanks !!!
    Glad to have my JB apps back !

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome work guys. I've jailbroken my 4S and my ipad2. I'm definitely gonna donate after all this. I'm sure it took alot of effort and hardwork. But i hope there would be lesser complains considering we have been waiting for this jailbreak for months thanks to all the devs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bil1505 View Post
    I have downloaded and unziped Absinthe on my Mac desktop. I am using an older Mac PowerMac G5 on OSX 10.5.8. When I go to open Absinthe, I am getting an error stating that "my computers architecture does not support this program." Does this mean that Absinthe is only able to be used on newer Intel Macs?..Please let me know if anybody has encountered this problem or has any solutions....Otherwise, looks like I am waiting for the Windows version.
    absinthe isn't recognizing that my IPad2 with Mac 10.6.8 is plugged in, any solution?

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope these guys get mad donations.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

im gonna assume that ill have to wait for the windows version is out due to the fact its still not working. im assuming its software or my phone thats messed up. i have osx 10.6.8 and itunes 10.5.3 with ios 5.0.1 9A405. jailbreak button is still greyed out....surely im sure pod2g or someone has seen this?

Thanks

My initial j/b went incredibly smooth, no issues with VPN. Cydia was there, I opened it, saw "updating file system" or something similar and set my phone down.

When I picked it back up and unlocked it, numerous apps, including Cydia, Phone and Mail are now missing. Rebooted twice, no luck.

Any advise outside of a complete restore and re-j/b?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was doing my jailbreak in my mac froze so i had to restart so now when i plug my phone it says recovery completed with a full blue bar what to do next please HELP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    im gonna assume that ill have to wait for the windows version is out due to the fact its still not working. im assuming its software or my phone thats messed up. i have osx 10.6.8 and itunes 10.5.3 with ios 5.0.1 9A405. jailbreak button is still greyed out....surely im sure pod2g or someone has seen this?
    I've tried 40-50 times, restored 4s, tried on multiple mac computers, downloaded link several times, still doesn't recognize my 4s. Bummer!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Trying to jailbreak my iPad 2 on 5.0.1, but whenever I launch Absinthe, I'm asked to turn off my encrypted backups. That option is greyed out in iTunes and I cannot uncheck the box. I've deleted all the backups in Preferences, quit and relaunched iTunes, but as soon as I relaunch Absinthe, I'm greeted with the same error.

I could care less if my backups are encrypted or not. How the hell am I able to unencrypt them?!

Thanks

Yeah, nothing is working for me. Absinthe still crashes 5 seconds after I open it. The little sudo trick in Terminal didn't help because terminal just tells me "no such file or directory." I'm on 10.7.2 and have tried several cords/ports/reboots and no dice.

This seems like it wasn't ready for public consumption judging by the numerous issues discussed in this thread.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cao2828 View Post
    I was doing my jailbreak in my mac froze so i had to restart so now when i plug my phone it says recovery completed with a full blue bar what to do next please HELP
    Nobody has run in to this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still dont get any option to restore from my backup at any point. When I click the absinthe app icon it does what it should and once it reboots I have cydia on my home screen. I am never presented with another opportunity to restore from my icloud backup. I want to get the rest of my content back onto the phone now. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 397 Posts

worked great!!! will donate substantially right now. great job guys!!!

the donate link is not working??
    Last edited by thefinga; 01-20-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

when i click on the cydia app, it opens and instantly closes. i restarted my iphone4s and its still doing the same thing. any suggestions?

Thanks

Wow that was painless1 Remember remember remember to backup before you try! Thank you Dream Team donation sent!