+ Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
anyone figure out the cydia crashing problem? Cydia crashes right away.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

anyone figure out the cydia crashing problem? Cydia crashes right away.

UiK
    Thanks

I formatted my ASUS notebook with iAtkos L2 and installed OSX Lion on it and Absinthe worked just fine. The process did take a while, which is ok, and the first 2 times I clicked the "Absinthe" icon, all I got was a white screen, but after I turned VPN on, it worked fine.

There is so far one bug I've found, not sure if it's been reported elsewhere or discovered by other users. One of the hand gestures on the iPad 2 puts the tablet into safe mode after execution. The one where you use 5 fingers and swipe to the right to bring up the next running app. Springboard restarts into Safe Mode. Where do we report bugs to?

Otherwise, fantastic job guys, SBSettings and multicleaner work fine. Haven't had much time to try out some other stuff will be hopefully in the morning.

Thanks

Are there any bugs with this Jailbreak? I want to do it but dunno if it's safe. I'm particularly interested in keeping iBooks and Siri safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    Are there any bugs with this Jailbreak? I want to do it but dunno if it's safe. I'm particularly interested in keeping iBooks and Siri safe.
    Well the comment above that one did answer something heh. Still interested in my question though!
    Last edited by Madeleine; 01-21-2012 at 11:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude, I did that and now I cannot reboot my Mac
    I got the grey screen with the apple and the loading gear!

I tried to reboot in safe mode (hold shift when it starts or write the safe mode in command: sudo nvram boot-args="-x") but it did not work!

Any clue on what I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bil1505 View Post
    Try This...

It seems that Absinthe requires libcurl.4.dylib version 6.0.0 whereas Mac OS X 10.5.8 has 5.0.0, this hack works by replacing libcurl4 with version 6.0.0. This involves tweaking system files, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

STEP 1: Download and extract libcurl.4.dylib 6.0.0.zip http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/other/f... to your Desktop

STEP 2: Launch Terminal.app (Located in /Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following commands:

STEP 3: First we'll backup libcurl4 by renaming it

sudo mv /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib-backup

STEP 4: Now you’ll move the newly downloaded libcurl file from your Mac OS X Desktop to /usr/lib

sudo mv ~/Desktop/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/

STEP 5: Launch Absinthe and it should work fine!

Let us know if it works..
    Dude, I did that and now I cannot reboot my Mac
    I got the grey screen with the apple and the loading gear!

I tried to reboot in safe mode (hold shift when it starts or write the safe mode in command: sudo nvram boot-args="-x") but it did not work!

Any clue on what I can do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theroyalwe View Post
    *Repost* SOLUTION: if absinthe crashes unexpectedly after a short time try the following --- load terminal, type 'sudo' and then drag the Absinthe app into the terminal command line, and hit enter. it will ask you for your user password, then absinthe will load! good luck!
    yeah we keep asking because that does not work for all of us, so its not a super solution...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cvillelli View Post
    I'm on a Verizon 4s on 5.0.1 and I was playing with SBSettings after jailbreaking and now I lost service! Please help. The phone worked fine all day but tonight when I got home I was messing with SBSettings and it resprung and lost service. Please help.
    Just for reference:
    SBSettings CMDA (Verizon/Sprint) 5.0.1 | iPhone News, Apps, BigBoss, Guides & Jailbreaking

Remove the 3G toggle:
    - SBSettings > Dropdown Window > Set Window Toggles
    - Make sure 3G is turned off
    Go to settings, general, reset, and reset your network settings.
    - I had to retype in my WIFI password... (so this wont kill all your settings)

I had the same problem and followed those instructions to fix my Verizon 3G "No Signal" problem.

I also ended up rebooting several times... probably 2-3ish... then even though it still said no signal I did the ole *228 (but im sure you could call any number) and it went from No Service to the normal 5 bars that I should have had initially.

hope this helps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

as anyone had an issue where you can't send group messages? I can send regular SMS to one person, and MMS works, but it fails every time i try to send a group messages, regardless of how many recipients

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia is failing to update its "Changes" tab. Anyone else getting this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oogotbagsoo View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Cydia crashes right away.
    Restored my Iphone in Itunes so it would download new firmware then ran absinthe jailbreak again, now everything works including Cydia.

Thanks

So it works but nothing else does. Touch functions go haywire when I plug headphones in, I have no cellular data anymore, says no sim installed and those are just a few problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked like a dream.
    I didn't reset my phone and the JB still only took 2 minutes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still having issues with my 4S. I've had to jailbreak it 4 times and restore it 4 times. I install jailbreak apps and then if I reboot my phone, it will take a long time at the Apple loading screen and then it will freeze with the 'loading circle'. This happens with random applications so I can't tell if it is one particular application. Anyone else having this issue? It's frustrating..

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

Just jailbroke my iPad 2. No problems during the process. When I launched Cydia, however, it was taking too long to load packages. I waited 30 minutes. Finally, I cancelled the loading. When I tried to look for my favorite apps, I got a message saying the repository could not be found. I go to the Sources, and all of the sources were blank, except for Cydia/Telesporo. I tried to re-add the Modmyi repository (http://apt.modmyi.com), but I got an error saying the URL is invalid. Any fixes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vscout View Post
    Still having issues with my 4S. I've had to jailbreak it 4 times and restore it 4 times. I install jailbreak apps and then if I reboot my phone, it will take a long time at the Apple loading screen and then it will freeze with the 'loading circle'. This happens with random applications so I can't tell if it is one particular application. Anyone else having this issue? It's frustrating..
    This exact same thing has happened to me for the past 24 hours. I don't know why it freezes! It's SO frustrating!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did all this and when i clicked on cydia it did all it was supposed to do, but then after reboot all default apps (safari, phone, messages, email etc) was gone as well as cydia itself!! please help its a new phone and i dont want to have wasted my money!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tytanious View Post
    This exact same thing has happened to me for the past 24 hours. I don't know why it freezes! It's SO frustrating!!!
    I really hope this gets fixed. I'm so bummed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

OK I backed up my iPhone4s (CDMA) device and restored as directed.
    Then double clicked on the Greenposi0n icon that Absinthe created on my iMac.
    It just sits there with Beginning and sits there i gave it 3-4 hours.
    What should I be doing now?
    I haven't found any support for those who are unsuccessful with this process.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i m facing a problem while using absinthe, it says " The application Absinthe quit unexpectedly ".
    Does this application only works on Lion bcoz i m using version 10.5.8

Thanks

Tha k you so much for the JB it worked like a champ took about 5-7 min after folloing all the instructions prior to begining. The only problem im facing is that , My iMessage, FaceTime, Find my iPhone, and YouTube arent working. When i try to login and avtivate my facetime and iMessage it says " (IMESSAGE ACTIVATION AND FACETIME ACTIVATION) Could not sign in. Please check your networknetwork connection and try again." YOUTUBE says "Cannot connect to YouTube." (FINDMYIPHONE) No Location Available" ive tried deleting and reinstalling the App. ive gone to iCloude turned it off and back on signed out and back in respringed, rebooted. But no luck does anyone have the same problem or any advice thank you. DONATION WILL BE COMING ONCE I GET PAID SORRY, BUT THANK YOU FOR THE JB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mohd_sawood View Post
    i m facing a problem while using absinthe, it says " The application Absinthe quit unexpectedly ".
    Does this application only works on Lion bcoz i m using version 10.5.8
    Let me know if you figure it out because I've been trying for 2 days now. I get the same thing "application quit unexpectedly". Then it asks if I want to ignore, report or relaunch. Can't even get it to open.
    I've asked on multiple forums and no one can give me an answer