+ Reply
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
when mine says a VPN config error occurred, it doesn't restart after that :/ make sure you don't have a passcode on your idevice else it will be unlikely to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cookbenj's Avatar
    Thanks

when mine says a VPN config error occurred, it doesn't restart after that :/

make sure you don't have a passcode on your idevice else it will be unlikely to jailbreak
    Last edited by cookbenj; 01-21-2012 at 04:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwcoexec View Post
    For anyone having problems with absinthe not recognizing your device...I had the same problem! Tried multiple restarts of the computer (osx 10.6.8) and multiple device reboots (4s iOS 5.0.1 9a405). Finally booted my MacBook in safe mode and it worked smooth as silk!
    Thanks!

I was having the same problem (also running OSX 10.6.8) and rebooting it in safe mode did the trick. Jailbreaking now. It looks like many people with 10.6.8 had this issue, so thanks for finding and sharing the solution.

Also (and I'm not sure if this is of any consequence), since wifi is disabled in safe mode I connected the mac to my modem via ethernet in case an internet connection is needed during the jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Quite surprised I cannot figure this out on my own. I thought my itunes backed up my iphone (which it didn't). Here I sit with a freshly jailbroken stock 4S on 5.0.1 (since my backup failed to restore my previous settings); however, Cydia will not open for me. It will open up for 2 seconds and close. Next attempt it will open 1 second and close. After that, it'll just literally close automatically. I'm doing another Clear All Settings and Data and reattempting another Absinthe JB. Will update soon.

update! MMi users: update your iTunes to the latest version if you're having the Cydia opening/closing problem. Doubt that it is actually the technical solution, but it worked for me. Excited to get things rolling here
    doesnt work for me. will try a restore then re jailbreak though its quite a bummer since i need to download the firmware. with the kind of connections we have here at my place its a 3 hour wait for me :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone else been having issues as far as the device "bricking" after jailbroken? I dealt with many of the problems everyone here dealt with but finally got the jailbreak to work and Cydia installed. Once I was done installing all of my much-missed applications, one of them required a reboot. I rebooted and all that happens is a long Apple logo screen followed by the spinning circle, which then freezes and my phone is gone. I restored once and it fixed the issue. Well, the same thing just happened. Any advice?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    some people are really so f@#%#@. they donate before seeing anything. just like the windows users waited eagerly for the windows version seeing yesterday the devs after too many months (ok i really understand that the j/b is really hard i respect the devs for all their work) releasing the j/b. Come on guys it is just not fair. All of us waited months and after that you say only mac users can be happy. Then we waited one day and voila the devs shi@$$@# on us again. Having to use CMD commands which do not even work!!! No one is getting any penny until i see a real j/b. I know many of you respectful people in here will disagree with me but people that is the truth i know it hurts...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggytosh View Post
    Thanks!

I was having the same problem (also running OSX 10.6.8) and rebooting it in safe mode did the trick. Jailbreaking now. It looks like many people with 10.6.8 had this issue, so thanks for finding and sharing the solution.

Also (and I'm not sure if this is of any consequence), since wifi is disabled in safe mode I connected the mac to my modem via ethernet in case an internet connection is needed during the jailbreak.

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!! Safe mode worked immediately. took about 5 minutes running osx 10.7.2. cydia here i come!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickswagger View Post
    same here, not recognizing iPad 2 being plugged in.
    Me too. I do not have a password on my phone, and I have downloaded from different websites as well. iTunes detects it as well. I am stumped. I see I am not the only one with this issue

Thanks

Absinthe quit unexpectedly and jailbreak button is "Grayed out"!! reinstalled the jb app about 20 time and still nothing??!! any help will be great.... PS. restored the iPhone, no usb cable etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chitownlilvil View Post
    jailbroke first time opened absinthe icon, loaded website no reboot..tried vpn got error, no reboot. Jailbroke 2nd time went to vpn first and rebooted,Cydia now appears on home screen
    thanks man, that worked for me, it didn't reboot so i went to vpn and turned it on -> got an error but the phone rebooted on its own and cydia appeared.

What's Jailbreak?
    Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Thanks

Default Settings icon is white after jailbreak.....
    I have installed "Twelve" theme from ThemeIt & everything was running great. I then noticed that my Settings icon & only that icon have turned white. I've respringed a bunch of times, switched back and forth between themes, but the Settings icon is still white. Has anyone else experienced this problem & if so can you please post a fix. Thank you very much.

AT&T 4S on 5.0.1
    MacBook Pro running Lion

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    absinthe isn't recognizing that my iphone is plugged in. anyone having this problem. I wiped my phone and went through the set up process again, but it still says "plug in your iphone 4s or ipad 2 to begin."
    I have the same issue and there is no answer to it as of now

What's Jailbreak?
    Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Thanks

I just fixed itself. I was downloading Lockscreen clock hide & the icon came back. I suggest going into SBSettings & hide the settings icon then respring. After that go back into SB and turn back on the settings icon back on and respring.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    Guys I need some help. I dl absinthe zip, double click on it and it asks if I want to open application, I click open but I get ''application quit unexpectedly''. It gives me options to ignore, report to apple, or relaunch. Relaunch just pops the same window back up. I tried deleting and re downloading several times, same thing.
    Any ideas?????
    The same thing is happening to me. did you figure it out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok how lame am I ? I cannot even get past first step. I try to open absinthe and it " unexpectedly " quits

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tootwo222 View Post
    The same thing is happening to me. did you figure it out?
    No. I've deleted and downloaded 10 times. Can't get it to even open. I've asked on a couple different forums

With no answers. I'll let you know if I ever get it to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks will do the same

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    Anyone else experiencing a Longer then usual jailbreak? I've been stuck on Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while...it's been stuck on this for almost 40mins? is there something else i need done?
    run it through terminal (there's instructions here or all over the net) and if you're getting something about "device not ready - will try again" then you may need to either free up space on the phone...

mine was failing non-stop (terminal indicates it was failing - the app does not) until I free'd up about 6gb of data total

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will this work on Linux?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can get to the part where the Absinthe web app is installed, and I click it and get a white screen and thats it. It does not reboot, no database error connection, turning on VPN does not get it to restart. I've erased all data and settings and restored with could, but still have the same issue. 2-3 times yesterday it said "Could not establish a connection to the server" but that's it, and right now it just stays stuck on a white screen. Using OSX 10.7.2 and an iPad 2 on 5.0.1. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by solomon684 View Post
    I can get to the part where the Absinthe web app is installed, and I click it and get a white screen and thats it. It does not reboot, no database error connection, turning on VPN does not get it to restart. I've erased all data and settings and restored with could, but still have the same issue. 2-3 times yesterday it said "Could not establish a connection to the server" but that's it, and right now it just stays stuck on a white screen. Using OSX 10.7.2 and an iPad 2 on 5.0.1. Any suggestions?
    Oops, restored with iCould, my bad. Also tried rebooting and everything else I could think of, but still the same issue.

Ok after it wasn't doing anything, I quit Absinthe on the iPad, tried it again, still didn't work, turned VPN on, and it finally worked. I've tried that countless times but for some reason it finally worked haha
    Last edited by solomon684; 01-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycpolo76 View Post
    Me too. I do not have a password on my phone, and I have downloaded from different websites as well. iTunes detects it as well. I am stumped. I see I am not the only one with this issue
    Try booting your computer in Safe Mode (hold shift while your computer is rebooting). You can still run the jailbreak and everything worked perfectly for me this way. I tried for hours before and couldn't get it to recognize my 4s or my ipad2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebag75 View Post
    I have the same issue and there is no answer to it as of now
    Try the safe mode method I posted above.
    Last edited by mwcoexec; 01-21-2012 at 10:01 AM.