+ Reply
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Using 4S/5.01/OSX Lion 10.7.2/iTunes 10.5 Very few small problems/warnings (a> thru d>) Backed up phone Downloaded Absinthe Did NOT erase phone Ran Absinthe a>got "Your Backup is encrypted" message Unencrypted
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wink Got it, first try!
    Using 4S/5.01/OSX Lion 10.7.2/iTunes 10.5
    Very few small problems/warnings (a> thru d>)

Backed up phone
    Downloaded Absinthe
    Did NOT erase phone
    Ran Absinthe
    a>got "Your Backup is encrypted" message
    Unencrypted phone via iTunes (auto-backup again)
    Ran Absinthe
    Waited as progress bar moved, until prompt said ~"Find the jailbreak icon on your phone" (would have been clearer if it said "Absinthe" icon)
    Tapped Absinthe icon
    b>Waited at white safari screen, watching activity indicator (circle turning, ie data downloading)
    c>got ~"Server not responding" message
    repeated b> and c> bout 5 times, closing Absinthe mobile app and trying again
    Got scared, felt helpless
    Logged onto modmyi and saw the "VPN" messages
    Opened settings, toggled VPN on
    d> got "VPN connection failed" message
    tried toggle again a few times
    mid-try, the device just restarted itself (maybe was supposed to wait a few seconds after first VPN try?)
    After device reboot, "Absinthe" icon was replaced by Cydia
    Jailbroken!

Already donated. Thanks for you hard work. To those having trouble, be patient and keep trying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got the jailbreak done and cydia app is installed but when I try to open it, it starts to open then closes. Did a reboot and still the same thing. anybody have any suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shkmbl33 View Post
    Got the jailbreak done and cydia app is installed but when I try to open it, it starts to open then closes. Did a reboot and still the same thing. anybody have any suggestions?
    I'm having the same problem. Cydia crashes right away.

Thanks

For anyone having problems with absinthe not recognizing your device...I had the same problem! Tried multiple restarts of the computer (osx 10.6.8) and multiple device reboots (4s iOS 5.0.1 9a405). Finally booted my MacBook in safe mode and it worked smooth as silk!

Thanks

Guys I need some help. I dl absinthe zip, double click on it and it asks if I want to open application, I click open but I get ''application quit unexpectedly''. It gives me options to ignore, report to apple, or relaunch. Relaunch just pops the same window back up. I tried deleting and re downloading several times, same thing.
    Any ideas?????

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revblaze View Post
    Okay, everyone experiencing the "stuck on beginning of jailbreak" issue for a long time, read this!

So you've been at the beginning of the jailbreak for a while and progress bar hasn't moved in the last 10 mins. Well, here's an easy fix. Close Absinthe and slide to unlock your phone and go through all "setup options" until you get to the home screen of your iPhone (do not backup yet, just continue without backing up for now). Go to Settings and "Erase All Data Settings". Now close iTunes on your computer when the device reboots and do not backup yet. Now slide to unlock your phone again and go through all the options until you get "Activating Phone" screen comes up. Wait for your phone to active (may take a couple minutes), then STOP. Don't click anything more on your iOS device.

Now open Absinthe and click "Jailbreak". It shouldn't take more then a couple minutes to jailbreak. Once it's complete and it tells you to "slide to unlock your device", continue through all the remaining setup options till you get your home screen once again. Scroll to the second page and click the "Absinthe" app (technically a web app, but for all you noobs I'll call it an app so you understand). You're almost guaranteed to get the "Error establishing a database connection" issue. So after that shows up, go to your Settings and swipe the VPN to ON and wait for the error to come up. Now wait. Your device should reboot and voila!

Done :-)

you are a ******* genius!!
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked!!!! Question though, I backed up and wiped the phone before jb, now if I click restore from backup will I lose the jb?

Thanks

its not working for me i downloaded the firmware off this site

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

paypal link gave a fatal error, I would like to donate...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on a Verizon 4s on 5.0.1 and I was playing with SBSettings after jailbreaking and now I lost service! Please help. The phone worked fine all day but tonight when I got home I was messing with SBSettings and it resprung and lost service. Please help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cvillelli View Post
    I'm on a Verizon 4s on 5.0.1 and I was playing with SBSettings after jailbreaking and now I lost service! Please help. The phone worked fine all day but tonight when I got home I was messing with SBSettings and it resprung and lost service. Please help.
    same EXACT thing happened to me. i tried everything to get the service back to working and it wouldnt. The only thing that worked was to fully restore the iPhone which kinda sucked. No one is answering my question so im not sure what we can do =/ im also verizon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CsSxPlay3r View Post
    same EXACT thing happened to me. i tried everything to get the service back to working and it wouldnt. The only thing that worked was to fully restore the iPhone which kinda sucked. No one is answering my question so im not sure what we can do =/ im also verizon
    I'm afraid I'll have to do the same thing which really isn't that big of a deal, but still, I've never had issues with SBSettings before and now I'm an unhappy camper.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have ipad2 and Iphone 4s and neither when I plugged in would allow me to click on the jailbreak button, using my macbook. Went into office have 2 imacs it detected right away and allowed me to click on jailbreak but then stayed on this may take awhile for 30 min and didnt move? I did a compete wipe out and reset network settings? I am not one that usually ask for help but I have been working at this for awhile and running from machine to machine any help appreciated thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleightofhand1971 View Post
    I am in the same boat. I have tried everything and nothing is working. I have no clue how to resolve this...
    Oki, same here. I have a macbook 10.7.2 runs 64bit.

Same problem, absinthe closed unexpectedly. tried rebooting many times, but no use.

My version is 5.0.1(9a405) then after restoring and trying again changed to (9a406). I have tried in both versions but same problem. plz can anyone tell me should i downgrade? if yes. Why? i had the same issue before. "closed unexpectedly"

Thanks all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have been trying to get this to work for a couple of hours and it still wont. I am running sow leopard 10.5.8 iphone 4s 5.0.1.

Everytime I try and start absinthe it just quits instantly. I tried the other method with terminal and it didnt work. Please can someone help me I want to jb my phone so bad.

Thanks
    Please help, After iphone 42 Jaibreak i can't connect to any cellular data or send texts,, any solutions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite surprised I cannot figure this out on my own. I thought my itunes backed up my iphone (which it didn't). Here I sit with a freshly jailbroken stock 4S on 5.0.1 (since my backup failed to restore my previous settings); however, Cydia will not open for me. It will open up for 2 seconds and close. Next attempt it will open 1 second and close. After that, it'll just literally close automatically. I'm doing another Clear All Settings and Data and reattempting another Absinthe JB. Will update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Quite surprised I cannot figure this out on my own. I thought my itunes backed up my iphone (which it didn't). Here I sit with a freshly jailbroken stock 4S on 5.0.1 (since my backup failed to restore my previous settings); however, Cydia will not open for me. It will open up for 2 seconds and close. Next attempt it will open 1 second and close. After that, it'll just literally close automatically. I'm doing another Clear All Settings and Data and reattempting another Absinthe JB. Will update soon.
    update! MMi users: update your iTunes to the latest version if you're having the Cydia opening/closing problem. Doubt that it is actually the technical solution, but it worked for me. Excited to get things rolling here
    Last edited by back2thebeatof84; 01-21-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks

Anyone else experiencing a Longer then usual jailbreak? I've been stuck on Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while...it's been stuck on this for almost 40mins? is there something else i need done?
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bil1505 View Post
    Try This...

It seems that Absinthe requires libcurl.4.dylib version 6.0.0 whereas Mac OS X 10.5.8 has 5.0.0, this hack works by replacing libcurl4 with version 6.0.0. This involves tweaking system files, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

STEP 1: Download and extract libcurl.4.dylib 6.0.0.zip http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/other/f... to your Desktop

STEP 2: Launch Terminal.app (Located in /Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following commands:

STEP 3: First we'll backup libcurl4 by renaming it

sudo mv /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib-backup

STEP 4: Now you’ll move the newly downloaded libcurl file from your Mac OS X Desktop to /usr/lib

sudo mv ~/Desktop/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/

STEP 5: Launch Absinthe and it should work fine!

Let us know if it works..
    Unfortunately not. Cheers anyway though mate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwcoexec View Post
    For anyone having problems with absinthe not recognizing your device...I had the same problem! Tried multiple restarts of the computer (osx 10.6.8) and multiple device reboots (4s iOS 5.0.1 9a405). Finally booted my MacBook in safe mode and it worked smooth as silk!
    How do you boot in safe mode?

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    How do you boot in safe mode?
    Never mind. JBing now.
    Last edited by truenorth; 01-21-2012 at 03:21 AM.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!