+ Reply
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using Absinthe 0.2 (OS X)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
just finished with a successful jb. first try. follow the guide. erased first then proceeded. no issues thus far. thanks a bunch
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just finished with a successful jb. first try. follow the guide. erased first then proceeded. no issues thus far. thanks a bunch

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default did not work
    tried this didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Bil1505 View Post
    Try This...

It seems that Absinthe requires libcurl.4.dylib version 6.0.0 whereas Mac OS X 10.5.8 has 5.0.0, this hack works by replacing libcurl4 with version 6.0.0. This involves tweaking system files, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

STEP 1: Download and extract libcurl.4.dylib 6.0.0.zip http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/other/f... to your Desktop

STEP 2: Launch Terminal.app (Located in /Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following commands:

STEP 3: First we'll backup libcurl4 by renaming it

sudo mv /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib-backup

STEP 4: Now you’ll move the newly downloaded libcurl file from your Mac OS X Desktop to /usr/lib

sudo mv ~/Desktop/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/

STEP 5: Launch Absinthe and it should work fine!

Let us know if it works..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried it on 2 different Macs, and after 5-20 minutes, it just crashes. Doesn't get past "Beginning Jailbreak" I've rebooted several times, and I've erased my Ipad 2, same thing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need help, I jailbroke my iPhone 4S and everything was working, now my cellular service (Verizon) is not working and now it is saying no service. Is anyone else having this problem? Could anyone help me?

Thanks

Really wish there was a jailbreak for windows users............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drWidowmaker53 View Post
    Really wish there was a jailbreak for windows users............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................
    Just wait.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Just wait.
    if it doesn,t releases for windows by tomorrow buying a new mac
    then iphuk apple corporation

Green Apple
    Thanks

if i jailbreak and currently on 5.0.1 will i lose my email settings?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default it does work...
    FOR THOSE OF YOU HAVING TROUBLE AFTER INSTALLING ABSINTHE!!!

I had the same issue for quite sometime. I was attempting to jailbreak my 4s on 9A405. (downgraded from 9A406... upgraded per previous jb post, wish i hadn't but oh well) Anyway... I d/led and ran absinthe after restoring my phone. Unfortunately I ran into the same issue that many others have: I got the server error after clicking the absinthe icon, and then nothing. Read the forum, then went to settings and turned on VPN. Long story short, it didn't work. Even with a reboot. Here is what did: I re-rean the jb program to repair, but it didn't work, so I ran it again so the FULL JB process was stepped through, THEN upon completion I simply went to settings and turned on VPN. It did not take 'minutes' rather 'seconds' before the reboot process ocurred and Cydia was installed. FWIW, I did this about 5 times before it actually happened. Not sure what I did differently that time, but I did not restore, and all that needed to be done was re-run absinthe, and turn on VPN. (I did NOT have to click on the JB icon at all!!) ping me for any questions you might have. I hope this works for everyone else and I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE DONATIONS! Anything helps, seriously. Cheers, /k

Quote Originally Posted by darenl View Post
    if i jailbreak and currently on 5.0.1 will i lose my email settings?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    okay, i keep getting the error when trying to use absinthe, so i tried the VPN thing, I got the error, but no reboot, i tried clicking okay and waiting, but no reboot, i tried leaving the error, no reboot, idk how long this will take or what, anyone else having issues, i know the server is probably being swamped so I'm not worried, just hoping i get it jailbroken soon lol, its been too long
    check my post, but try going through the process from the beginning (not the repair) and then turning VPN on. Might take a few times, but worked for me.
    Last edited by dr_kiuchi; 01-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Yeah, nothing is working for me. Absinthe still crashes 5 seconds after I open it. The little sudo trick in Terminal didn't help because terminal just tells me "no such file or directory." I'm on 10.7.2 and have tried several cords/ports/reboots and no dice.

This seems like it wasn't ready for public consumption judging by the numerous issues discussed in this thread.

I am in the same boat. I have tried everything and nothing is working. I have no clue how to resolve this...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i ran it everything worked smoothly i have cydia and everything and it loads apps but i was never asked to restore or had to restore from backup is this a feature of the newer version of the tool since i seen it has about 3 updates since it was released

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Just wait.
    Pretty sure I dont have a choice...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Bryan View Post
    I need help, I jailbroke my iPhone 4S and everything was working, now my cellular service (Verizon) is not working and now it is saying no service. Is anyone else having this problem? Could anyone help me?
    Same here. 2 Verizon phones.... one still has service after 10 hours of being jailbroke the other lost service 5 mins after being jailbroke. Restoring the device seemed to be the only fix for now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks worked for me on my 4s 5.0.1!

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone jailbroken...lost photo but whatever...been downloading all my stuff from cydia...no issue...

but...trying to play songs...all jacked up...the iPod app is not working correctly at all...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you are getting constant fails and error messages like (when running through terminal):

ERROR: mb2_handle_receive_files: too long device filename

free about about 6gb total space and you'll be fine...the backups are pretty big files apparently

Green Apple
    Thanks

something's definitely wrong...I turned off match to see if that could help and when I go to the music app it's still on....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justin9825 View Post
    Same here. 2 Verizon phones.... one still has service after 10 hours of being jailbroke the other lost service 5 mins after being jailbroke. Restoring the device seemed to be the only fix for now.
    haven't seen the particular issue with the verison phones, as I'm on sprint. However, have you attempted resetting the network settings at all? just curious...

If all else fails I recommend a restore and re-jailbreak attempt..?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jailbreak went smooth ! BUT..... Cydia crashes immediately after i try to open it. Help ?

4S on 5.0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drWidowmaker53 View Post
    So buy a Mac.
    Hmm...