+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jalbreak Using limera1n (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
This Windows only guide (OS X guide here ) will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using limera1n. Note this is an UNTETHERED JAILBREAK , meaning your device will
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default How to Jalbreak Using limera1n (Windows)

This Windows only guide (OS X guide here) will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using limera1n. Note this is an UNTETHERED JAILBREAK, meaning your device will be able to restart and operate just like an unjailbroken phone.

This guide should be used with the following device/firmware combinations (if you're not sure, here's how to find your iOS firmware version and how to find your iOS device type):
    • iPhone 2G | 4.0
    • iPhone 2G | 4.0.2
    • iPhone 3G | 4.0
    • iPhone 3G | 4.0.2
    • iPhone 3GS | 4.0
    • iPhone 3GS | 4.0.2
    • iPad 1 | 4.0
    • iPod touch 2G | 4.0
    • iPod touch 2G | 4.0.2
    • iPod touch 3G | 4.0
    • iPod touch 3G | 4.0.2
    • iPod touch 4G | 4.0
    • iPod touch 4G | 4.0.2

If you prefer the simpler version of this guide with no pictures, click here.

Alright, let's get started. First thing you'll need to do is download the Windows version of limera1n from mod.my/limera1nwin. Making sure your device is connected (and no other iDevices are connected in iTunes), double-click limera1n to launch it.

limera1n will tell you it is waiting for the device (which you already have plugged in), and will then display the make it ra1n button. Click make it ra1n.

limera1n will say it is entering recovery... and give you some steps to follow to put your phone in recovery mode (holding the home and power button for a few seconds, releasing the power button, then finally releasing the home button once limera1n lets you know you're in DFU mode).

Once you're in DFU mode, limera1n will take a short bit to finish jailbreaking your device, and then say done while a new popup window appears with a congratulation from geohot on your newly jailbroken device!

That's it! You're now holding a jailbroken device. Not too bad, eh?

NOTE: You'll want to tap the ilmera1n icon on your homescreen now and install Cydia. You can then reopen the limera1n app from your iDevice and press remove limera1n if you'd like.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HELP!!! I am in the weeds.

Followed directions exactly, & phone "got stuck": "In DFU mode" never appeared, & I never got congratulated. I held onto the Home button for a very long time, but finally released it b/c my thumbs got tired.

Phone was turned off. Will not turn on unless I hold down both Power & Home, then images that mean (I assume) "connect to iTunes" appear. I tried that (VERY briefly); got message that I was in "recovery mode"; assumed that that is not what I want, so I disconnected the phone.

I have tried repeating the process, and it gets stuck at the same place each time.

I am attempting to use limer1n. I have a windows computer.

Phone is 3G; version is 4.0.2; firmware is 05.13.04.

May I PLEASE have some help? Feel free to text me thru it (202-486-8939); if you want to be REALLY nice and call me, please use my landline, as my cell svc is terrible here (304-788-1384).

I am seriously desperate: am going to Europe, and MUST be able to keep in touch w my cousin w Asperger's while I'm gone.

(I am triple-registered w Modmyi b/c I can't sign in under my original username b/c the pw doesn't wrk & I forgot the pw for the 2nd e-mail add'y I tried to use, so I can't sign onto it to verify who I am, so I'm now on my 3rd username. *I* don't care abt that; just telling you that in case my tale of woe sounds familiar.)

This process CAN'T be this hard: I successfully jailbroke my 3 GS (same version & firmware). Tried to repeat the process w the 3G, and appear to have done something wrong.

THNX...

Dr. Robin Halprin aka nikosmom aka geordiesmom aka blynckensmom (currently using the last one)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everybody i have an iphone 3g unlocked and jailbroken with firmware 3.0 and baseband 04.26.08 and was wondering if anyone can show me the link to latest way to upgrade the firmware to 4.1 or 4.2.1 or maybe the step by step method to do so.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks

You can only update the 3G to 4.2.1.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Celeron for taking your time to answer but what are the steps to upgrade because it seems like there are several methods(programs) that could be used depending on your modem firmware and/or the firmware you wish to upgrade to.

Thanks

You can download an ipsw from felixbruns.de and make a custom firmware using sn0wbreeze to preserve baseband. Then, follow the steps to get in pwned dfu mode and restore from itunes notmally.

This will erase everything from the iphone because you're restoring but will have cydia installed on 4.2.1 and the same baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    You can only update the 3G to 4.2.1.
    I know but its seems as if you can use limera1n, redsnow, or snowbreeze and i'm not sure which will work the best for my current firmware

Thanks

As I said, use sn0wbreeze

9. The Following User Says Thank You to celeron For This Useful Post:

new-bellois (04-05-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you have the link for the tutorial?

Thanks

Sorry Im mobile right now. Google is your friend though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a old 3gs iphone which is Deactivated. now its asking me to activate the phone before I can do anything. Also have no clue which firmware it has now. So I ran limera1n and it told me that your Enjoy your jailbroken iphone. can't go to cydia on phone. Please help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.