+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using JailbreakMe.com

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
This OS X and Windows guide will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using JailbreakMe.com. Note this is an UNTETHERED JAILBREAK , meaning your device will be able to
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default How to Jailbreak Using JailbreakMe.com

This OS X and Windows guide will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using JailbreakMe.com. Note this is an UNTETHERED JAILBREAK, meaning your device will be able to restart and operate just like an unjailbroken phone.

This guide should be used with the following device/firmware combination (if you're not sure, here's how to find your iOS firmware version and how to find your iOS device type):
    • iPad 2 | 4.3.3
    • iPad 1 | 4.3 - 4.3.3
    • iPhone 3GS | 4.3 - 4.3.3
    • iPhone 4 | 4.3 - 4.3.3
    • iPhone 4 (CDMA) | 4.2.6 - 4.2.7
    • iPod touch 4G | 4.3 - 4.3.3
    • iPod touch 3G | 4.3, iOS 4.3.2, iOS 4.3.3 (not iOS 4.3.1)

This is by far the easiest jailbreak ever. Open Safari on your device and visit jailbreakme.com. Tap FREE underneath the Cydia icon, and tap again to install.

Cydia will begin to install on your device, just as if you'd downloaded it through the AppStore.

That's it! You're now holding a jailbroken device. Not too bad, eh?
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 11-07-2011 at 02:27 PM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do I tell if i have an iPhone 4S or an iPhone 4. My model number is MC6088LL

I tried upgrading my iPhone and tapped Free, but never was able install the upgrade

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Hold the home button if Siri comes up ya have a 4s if voice control comes up you have a regular iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gturajlich View Post
    how do I tell if i have an iPhone 4S or an iPhone 4. My model number is MC6088LL

I tried upgrading my iPhone and tapped Free, but never was able install the upgrade
    Seriously mate, you don't know if you have an iPhone 4 or 4s? Did you find your phone or something?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,774 Times in 6,871 Posts

Easiest method is seeing how many black band separators are on the outer antenna. iPhone 4 has 3. iPhone 4S has 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thx for the how-to..

does this method also unlock the iphone? am in the process of updating my iphone from 4.1 to 4.3.3 atm, just wanted to know if i can unlock it as well, if so how do i go about doing it?

thx in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,774 Times in 6,871 Posts

No. This just jailbreaks it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so I take it jailbreakme.com is legit? been thinking about jail breaking is it worth it? any major issues. is iOS 5.0.1 untethered yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My phone is already jail broke in the untethered 4.33. Should I switch to the 5.01 or leave it as is

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevpt01 View Post
    My phone is already jail broke in the untethered 4.33. Should I switch to the 5.01 or leave it as is
    I would leave it as is if i were you. I spent the last couple of days trying to get ios 5.0.1 to work but there are too many bugs and the jailbreak is pretty unstable (quarter screen bug anyone?). Plus a lot of the core tweaks i use (backgrounder, activator, winterboard, folderenhancer) either break things or don't work. In the end i decided to downgrade back to 4.3. But it all comes down to personal preference i guess, i just didn't like not being able to do most of the stuff i used to do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevpt01 View Post
    If you want more functions (and ironically less), go ahead and update it. iOS 5.0.1 has "improvements and other bug fixes including:
    Fixes bugs affecting battery life
    Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
    Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
    Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation"

I don't know what kind of iPhone you have. All the iPhones (except iPhone 4S) can be jailbroken and unlocked untethered as of 5.0.1 (thanks to Chronic Dev Team. Currently, pod2g is working on the iOS 5 (not specified of version) for the A5 devices, which are this iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. I can't help you with your decision, mostly because you never specified your iPhone.iPhone 3GS? I wouldn't because it's probably going to be slow (if you jailbreak and add tweaks), otherwise go ahead. iPhone 4? I recommend it (if you are going to jailbreak).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sellbars View Post
    If you want more functions (and ironically less), go ahead and update it. iOS 5.0.1 has "improvements and other bug fixes including:
    Fixes bugs affecting battery life
    Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
    Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
    Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation"

I don't know what kind of iPhone you have. All the iPhones (except iPhone 4S) can be jailbroken and unlocked untethered as of 5.0.1 (thanks to Chronic Dev Team. Currently, pod2g is working on the iOS 5 (not specified of version) for the A5 devices, which are this iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. I can't help you with your decision, mostly because you never specified your iPhone.iPhone 3GS? I wouldn't because it's probably going to be slow (if you jailbreak and add tweaks), otherwise go ahead. iPhone 4? I recommend it (if you are going to jailbreak).
    so you dont recommend ios 5.01 on a 3gs? as i am sitting at 4.21 and was thinking of making the jump..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cooltech View Post
    so you dont recommend ios 5.01 on a 3gs? as i am sitting at 4.21 and was thinking of making the jump..
    I don't recommend it if you are upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 for jailbreaking (and adding tweaks) and having iOS 5 functions if you want to balance it with speed. Speed is the crucial factor. iOS 5 looks like the last supported firmware for iPhone 3GS (based on what Apple did with every iPhone since the first one), which may suggest sluggishness on your iPhone 3GS when combining it with tweaks and iOS 5 functions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sellbars View Post
    I don't recommend it if you are upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 for jailbreaking (and adding tweaks) and having iOS 5 functions if you want to balance it with speed. Speed is the crucial factor. iOS 5 looks like the last supported firmware for iPhone 3GS (based on what Apple did with every iPhone since the first one), which may suggest sluggishness on your iPhone 3GS when combining it with tweaks and iOS 5 functions.
    cool, thanks for the info.. is there any user out there that has had the jump to ios 5.01 on there 3gs?? i am curious if it really does slow it down.

Thanks

cool, thanks for the info.. is there any user out there that has had the jump to ios 5.01 on there 3gs?? i am curious if it really does slow it down.
    Of course it slows your iPhone down if you jailbreak it, and have extra functions from iOS 5. The exact same thing happens with computers as well. When you have a clean install, everything is quick and fluid (relating to iOS 3). When you install applications, fill up your storage space (locally), and add more start-up processes, than you computer will behave slower. You don't need to be curious, it is obvious that iOS 5 will slow it down.

What's Jailbreak? Scarysniper225's Avatar
    Thanks

It says that it is not supported on this device

Quote Originally Posted by Scarysniper225 View Post
    It says that it is not supported on this device
    I need help
    Last edited by Scarysniper225; 01-03-2012 at 05:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i know it will slow down eventually, thats a given. i just wanst sure if the ios 5.0 was stable for the 3gs thats all, i didnt want to go through the hassle going through the upgrade and find it keeps crashing on me thats all.

What's Jailbreak? Scarysniper225's Avatar
    Thanks

i know it will slow down eventually, thats a given. i just wanst sure if the ios 5.0 was stable for the 3gs thats all, i didnt want to go through the hassle going through the upgrade and find it keeps crashing on me thats all.
    Is there any other way I can jailbreak it ??????

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

you have a 3gs? and what firmware are you one?

Thanks

iOS 5.0 is stable on all iPhones 3GS and up. Just download the stock iOS. iOS 5.0 would only crash if these conditions are meet:

1. The iOS 5.0 is corrupted.

2. You created a custom firmware version of iOS 5.0 incorrectly.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast