+ Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9 (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Hello, I currently own an iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0. I noticed that it states this jailbreak will work for my device and OS but I have tried multiple times
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello, I currently own an iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0. I noticed that it states this jailbreak will work for my device and OS but I have tried multiple times to jailbreak and I just seem to get Redsn0w error and then it closes. After researching it seems that most jailbreak methods skip 5.0 and only work on 4.X and then jumps to 5.0.1. I rather not update my device to 5.0.1 and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to this problem or if it is even possible. Maybe this is just a misprint on site? Any help is much appreciated.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,393 Times in 6,351 Posts

why don't you want to update to 5.0.1?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    why don't you want to update to 5.0.1?
    I rather not go through the long hassle of having to restore. Do you have any info regarding my questions? Thank you.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,393 Times in 6,351 Posts

Why do you have to restore? Just upgrade and jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Why do you have to restore? Just upgrade and jailbreak.
    I wasn't aware that was possible. I was under the impression that I always needed to do a full restore, then update iOS, and rejailbreak. Could you please be more specific, this would be great if I could just update and rejailbreak. By the way, I am on an iPod Touch 4G, iOS 5.0, Untethered Redsn0w jailbreak. Please let me know and thank you for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mastakilla46 View Post
    I wasn't aware that was possible. I was under the impression that I always needed to do a full restore, then update iOS, and rejailbreak. Could you please be more specific, this would be great if I could just update and rejailbreak. By the way, I am on an iPod Touch 4G, iOS 5.0, Untethered Redsn0w jailbreak. Please let me know and thank you for all your help.
    Sorry I mean to say I am on an iPod Touch 4G, iOS 5.0, TETHERED Redsn0w jailbreak
    Last edited by mastakilla46; 02-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, Help!
    I updated my ipod touch 4g to ios 5.0.1 and followed the guide to jailbreak using redsn0w. I pointed it to the exact same 5.0.1 firmware and it completed 'successfully'. It got to the point where it was on the pineapple with the headband and when it got to the moving applications part, it stood at that spot for a while and it shut off. After a couple of seconds, it went to the apple logo and shut off. It keeps repeating itself so i'm guessing im in a bootloop! HELP!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,183 Times in 6,970 Posts

Restore it and try again. There is no need to point redsnow to the firmware to jailbreak anymore either.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron G View Post
    Did anyone get a fix to this. I am having the same problem. I have tried using all different jailbreaks like Limera1n, Greenpois0n, redsn0w and none of them work. Help.

Thanks,

Has their been a solution to the issue with the Verizon Iphone 4 5.0.1 reboot issue? I can't seem to figure this out and would love to get it to work. I have tried Redsn0w and Greenpois0n to no avail and would love to get my phone jail broken. Please help. I can't think of what would be causing this issue.

Thoughts????
    You will have to download the correct IPSW for your device (google it)
    Open redsn0w and press options
    Now press select IPSW
    Browse for it now press jailbreak!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need help.. it says unrecognized build? what should i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default restoring with stock 5.0.1 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Check the baseband/modem firmware version in settings>general>about
    I have an iphone 4 running 5.0.1 jailbroked with redsn0w 0.9.10b6. have not save SHSH blobs.
    Can i restore it to the stock ipsw 5.0.1 and then re-jailbreak again with redsnow for a clean start?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not sure if Apple is still signing 5.0.1 for you to downgrade. You best go and get TinyUmbrella and save SHSHs. If 5.0.1 is still being signed, it'll save them for you. Then you can do a regular shift+restore in iTunes to restore to 5.0.1. If it isn't being signed then you can't restore to anything you don't have SHSHs for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a jailbreak out for the 4s using 5.1 os yet, know of any work being done to crack it? Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default restore?
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Not sure if Apple is still signing 5.0.1 for you to downgrade. You best go and get TinyUmbrella and save SHSHs. If 5.0.1 is still being signed, it'll save them for you. Then you can do a regular shift+restore in iTunes to restore to 5.0.1. If it isn't being signed then you can't restore to anything you don't have SHSHs for.
    Alright, I'll try that.
    Should I do a regular shift+restore in iTunes with the stock 5.0.1 ipsw or the custom built one from ifaith?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankqt1 View Post
    Alright, I'll try that.
    Should I do a regular shift+restore in iTunes with the stock 5.0.1 ipsw or the custom built one from ifaith?
    5.0.1 is not being signed anymore. You will need to use iFaith and restore to the custom firmware it makes if you want to stay on 5.0.1.

Thanks

I did this but when it rebooted (waiting for reboot) it went right to the apple and not the white screen. I tried again and again but it still does the same thing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I am still wrapping my head around this shsh thing so i apologize if these questions are a bit "noobish".. but basically I have a iphone 4 with 4.3.5 and BB 4.10.01.

-Will using the guide in the OP allow me to jb the phone keeping my BB and 4.3.5?

-If i want to get 5.0.1 installed with a preserved BB and also JB, how should I go about doing this? I do not believe I have shsh blobs for this phone.

Thanks

Without shsh you won't be able to go to 5.0.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thx Simon, but am I still able to jb the phone using the instructions on OP? (While preserving the BB)

Thanks

Jailbreaking won't update your baseband. You can jailbreak on 4.3.5 but it will be tethered. Or you can make a custom 5.1 so that your basband isn't upgraded. That will be tethered too though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so this is a UNTETHERED JAILBREAK for 4.3.4 ? pls some 1 let me no if it work for you

so im on 4.3.4 im so lost can i upgrade and jailbreak it needs to be unthethered really pls some 1 any advice
    Last edited by muffie; 03-16-2012 at 04:51 PM.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast