+ Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9 (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Yes I'm using 0.9.10b that i got from the link at the top of the page. redownloding and trying on my laptop now. ...and still no success.
    Thanks

Yes I'm using 0.9.10b that i got from the link at the top of the page. redownloding and trying on my laptop now.

...and still no success.
    Last edited by jasonleebob; 01-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Run Redsn0w as Administrator.
    Open task manager.
    Right-click Redsn0w in processes.
    Select Set Affinity.
    Set to CPU0.
    Try redsn0w again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What does using IFaith or Tiny umbrella before Jailbreaking do for you now that SHSH doesnt work for 5.0? When I had my 4.2.6 Jailbroken I regretted not saving it after I did the 5.0 update and realized how many things i missed. I'd like to be ready for when Apple updates 5.0.1 to somthing newer! Will there be any way to go back to 5.0.1 if a full restore is needed? I read about Ifaith but didn't really understand if thats what its going to take to restore when apple isn't signing 5.0.1 anymore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so I think I got it but just to be sure, from what I understand using Ifaith means I don't need tiny umbrella right?

Use this guide to save 5.0.1 blobs and apticket first with Ifaith : Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [How To] Use iFaith to Save SHSH Blobs + APticket for iOS 5.0 + Build Custom Firmware

Use this guide to Restore to 5.0.1 after apple updates and is no longer signing 5.0.1: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [How To] Use the Custom iFaith Firmware File to Restore Back to iOS 5.0

Is this correct? Do i still need to do something with Tiny umbrella?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Run Redsn0w as Administrator.
    Open task manager.
    Right-click Redsn0w in processes.
    Select Set Affinity.
    Set to CPU0.
    Try redsn0w again.
    I did try to run as admin but not these others steps. I will try and let you know if that works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzer08 View Post
    ok so I think I got it but just to be sure, from what I understand using Ifaith means I don't need tiny umbrella right?

Use this guide to save 5.0.1 blobs and apticket first with Ifaith : Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [How To] Use iFaith to Save SHSH Blobs + APticket for iOS 5.0 + Build Custom Firmware

Use this guide to Restore to 5.0.1 after apple updates and is no longer signing 5.0.1: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [How To] Use the Custom iFaith Firmware File to Restore Back to iOS 5.0

Is this correct? Do i still need to do something with Tiny umbrella?
    It's better to do all you can to ensure you have your SHSHs saved. I take all measures just to be safe, but technically if you've dumped your 5.0.1 SHSHs with iFaith and created a signed 5.0.1 fw with iFaith, you should be safe. Unless your computer gets wiped or something...email those files to yourself.

I also use TinyUmbrella to save SHSHs for 5.0.1 (I also did this for 5.0 before). I also have in Cydia 5.0.1 SHSHs saved. I will probably do the same with 5.0.1 with iFaith when I get time. So do all of it if you've got time, just as a safety measure.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need your help. I bought a second hand Iphone 3GS. Firmware is 4.1 and baseband is 6.15.00. I have jailbroken it an dinstalled cydia and then ultrasnow. The phone still is not able to recognize my sim. It says searching for sometime and then no service. I wanted to reflash baseband using redsnow but it said if your iphone is 135 weeks or later. I checked my Serial number is it was 927 so i did not o it. Please advice.

Thanks

Ive tried this and i cant keep the phone in DFU at all it just boots back up, any reason for this..

Thanks

Ensure that you are properly putting it into pwned DFU. If it is properly done, so long as you don't disconnect the phone from the computer and reconnect it, it shouldn't get out of DFU. When doing pwned DFU with redsn0w, it should proceed to JB without a problem. It should not escape DFU during the process. Could you describe more in detail what is happening?

Thanks

I followed the example that set in the redsnow guide after you install it, you know 3 seconds then 10 then 15 or what ever once its in black DFU Mode it makes a sound then like its ready few seconds later a double sound comes in and the screen says waiting to reboot. Apple logo comes back on and nothing. Tried seriously like100 times and Ive hade two other iphones which i put in dfu mode befor and had Cydia on it. Not sure whats up with redsnow and 5.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, I'm using an iPhone 4 on Verizon's CDMA network with Firmware iOS 5.0.1. I've tried jailbreaking the phone multiple times with this program on my Windows 7 laptop. I seem to be having issues when the program reaches the "Waiting for Reboot" window. My iPhone simply powers on and displays the lock-screen, after which I type in my code and everything remains the same. Anyone else having problems with the "Waiting for Reboot" window? Thanks

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

You put redsnow in admin stage when ya did this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi I'm on 4.33 software but was goin to upgrade to 5.0.1 is it advisable. or should I stay as I am I've done my iPod touch no probes at all ?? your thought s peeps pls

like I say iPod touch jailbroke fine just scared to update iPhone 4
    Last edited by djandyj; 01-05-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks

It shouldn't be an issue, generally speaking.

Upgrade to 5.0.1 while you can before Apple releases another update. And don't forget to save your SHSHs if they aren't already saved.

Just upgraded and JB three iPhone 4 this week. All went well, had a couple of uh...obstacles with the upgrading process on two of them but it was worth it. All easily fixable. I don't mean to scare you more or anything but yeah you can't expect to do these things without thinking of probable issues that may arise.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so novice instructions please I've downloaded 5.01 I've backed sshh files and done app backup
    so what do
    I do now to upgrade to without fooling it up
    I've only jailbroken when it's currently on jailbreak.me so never upgraded before sorry to sound a but stupid :// all help is appreciated

what do I do with the sssh files I've sent them to my email
    Last edited by djandyj; 01-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help I've upgraded but my phone now says its not registered as a developer wtf does that mean I can't do anything with it arrrrgh ;(

Working now just need to jailbreak here goes

Do you have to set the phone up from a backup before jailbreaking

Ie to add the new features of 5.01
    Last edited by djandyj; 01-05-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks

Not sure it this is and issue but i do have a contract with sprint, which im not sure if its a problem JB their Iphones yet ..( not that im aware of) Any hoes I think no way can help me here on my problem, my phone must be one that cant be JBed.. I've spoken enough about it and im just giving up on Redsnow JB 5.0.1.. Hope something else comes up sooon I can try,..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aventura31 View Post
    Hey, I'm using an iPhone 4 on Verizon's CDMA network with Firmware iOS 5.0.1. I've tried jailbreaking the phone multiple times with this program on my Windows 7 laptop. I seem to be having issues when the program reaches the "Waiting for Reboot" window. My iPhone simply powers on and displays the lock-screen, after which I type in my code and everything remains the same. Anyone else having problems with the "Waiting for Reboot" window? Thanks
    I am having the same pain staking problem, I have a Verizon iPhone 4 upgraded from iOS 4.2.8/4.2.9 to iOS 5.0.1 (CDMA) I have used redsn0w 0.9.10b1, b2 & b3 evrything was done and nothing else happened "Waiting For Reboot" I give up and i'mma just stay un-jailbroken.

Thanks

Ive put Redsnow in admin but nothing happens all that happens, is once it seems to be in DFU mode it start loading the Itune beep comes in then two more come seconds after and I get the waiting for reboot thing. Go figure

Thanks

Just an update on the I4,, I just realized that my Problem jailbreaking my Iphone is not me or what I have not done. Its the Phone its self. Me and my wife got the same phone about a month ago with the old 5.0 version, but my phone was exchange due to the battery getting hot, when they sent me a new one the version had change and the model as well. I checked both phone before i got the new one and they were the same my new one change but I didnt think anything of it. Until just 5mins ago I tried my wifes phone for the heck of it and I jail broke it..MD146LL was the old one MD200LL is the new,, my luck huh