+ Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9 (Windows)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
The firmware version is modem firmware version is 05.16.05..
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The firmware version is modem firmware version is 05.16.05..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Thats why ultrasn0w doesn't work for you. You can only downgrade to 4.1 and upgrade the baseband to 6.15.00. This can break your GPS and will disable you from using stock firmware on 4.2.1 and higher.

That's the only way you'll get ultrasn0w to work, is on that iPad baseband 6.15.00. You can only upgrade to it by being on fw 4.1 or 4.2.1.

If you wish to then upgrade to a newer fw version than 4.1 then SHSHs are required. You don't need SHSHs for 4.1 so restoring to that should be easy, just for the baseband upgrade.

Redsn0w is what you want to upgrade the baseband with once downgraded to 4.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So downgrading to 4.1 modem firmware first, do I need to reflash the whole iPhone image or just the modem firmware and how? and then what version of ultrasn0w do I use?

Thanks

4.1 is not the modem fw. But yes you'd downgrade to 4.1 fw version first. You can use whatever ultrasn0w is in Cydia.

First downgrade to 4.1 (get the ipsw from the Downloads section here on MMi) then you can come back and I'll walk you through upgrading the baseband (which this is the modem fw).

Then consider if you want to stay on 4.1 or check for SHSHs for a higher fw version to upgrade to. Note that if you do this, you cannot go to iOS 5 anymore as you can only use 5.0.1, and ultrasn0w is not yet compatible with 5.0.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

can somone help me please!!!!! i have a 3gs on 4.2.1 os and bb is 6.15.00 . can i upgrade to 5.0? if so please explain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

I updated to 5.0.1 and it worked for a bit. Now my phone is stick on the boot screen and I can not reboot the phone to restore it. Any ideas. I was using the latest version of redsn0w. Tried rebooting with redsn0w and nothing. Just stays on the loading screen. I also tried jailbreaking it again and it gives an error on the screen. Need advice on hoe to restore back to factory settings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You need to get the phone into dfu mode to restore it. Just use dfu from redsn0w the timing is kinda tricky when you cant power your phone all the way down(shut off).

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks. I was able to get it into dfu and restore it. I'll give it another shot this weekend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Request for help jailbreaking ATT IPhone 4 IOS 5.0.1 model A1332. I have just received a used ATT IPhone4 from my sister and trying to use it with my T-mobile regular (not Micro-Sim) SIM card. Is there anyway to unlock/jailbreak this IPhone4? I have googled and read many instructions online and tried some of them with no success. I don't know where to start. Could someone give me some directions to successfully jailbreak my newly acquired IPhone4? I have tried tinyumbrella, set the RFU mode, backed up the shsh blobs,etc...I am using win xp pro on my laptop to do all these steps. Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    4.1 is not the modem fw. But yes you'd downgrade to 4.1 fw version first. You can use whatever ultrasn0w is in Cydia.

First downgrade to 4.1 (get the ipsw from the Downloads section here on MMi) then you can come back and I'll walk you through upgrading the baseband (which this is the modem fw).

Then consider if you want to stay on 4.1 or check for SHSHs for a higher fw version to upgrade to. Note that if you do this, you cannot go to iOS 5 anymore as you can only use 5.0.1, and ultrasn0w is not yet compatible with 5.0.1.
    so if i wanna stay with the unlock, i need to stay on 4.2.1??? is that right???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Failed to fetch!!
    Http:repo666.ultrasn0w.com/./Release.gpg POSIX
    Connection refused...?
    I get three of these /en_US.bz2 POSIX, and /Packages.gz POSIX

what do I do? I cant download new sources to cydia and cydia keeps loading and fails to load some things.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like a lot of people has trouble loading the sources in cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just did this successfully and now when I open my email folder all that appears is a white screen. my iPhone does not even attempt to load any messages. Can someone please help? I do not want to restore and lose all my apps and music

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. I bought a factory unlocked i phone 4 with ios 5.0.1 ..Baseband 04.11.08.
    Is it safe to jailbreak the phone? I need cydia .. Or Need to install cracked ipa?
    thankx..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need help, whenever i try this, it goes fine until it says, waiting for reboot, then my iphone reboots normally, but nothing is different. Am i doing something wrong, i wish someone could just walk me through it.

Thanks

Any idea of when a new sn0wbreeze is coming out? I like my old baseband . could I make a custon 5.0.1 with the current sn0wbreeze and then use this to make it untethered?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello I need help please. I have an iphone 3gs new bootroom, running 4.2.1 with 6.15.00 baseband and it is not booting up. if I try to boot it up regularly, it just gets stock on the apple logo. If I place into DFU mode and then choose just reboot tehtered from redsnow I'm able to get the little pineapple and the little circle showing the iphone is working and I can even sync it with Itunes, but the pineapple logo never goes away, it's just stock and about every 30 second the Iphone makes that sound it makes when the phone is charging. Help please. Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnic View Post
    I need help, whenever i try this, it goes fine until it says, waiting for reboot, then my iphone reboots normally, but nothing is different. Am i doing something wrong, i wish someone could just walk me through it.
    I'm having the same issue I've tried atleast 10 times and the same thing keeps getting to th reboot part then nothing

Thanks

I'm also having the problem with it getting to the reboot step and my phone just reboots to stock.
    Verizon iPhone 4 on 5.0.1

Thanks

You're using Redsn0w 0.9.10b3?