+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Determining your iOS Device's Current Firmware Version

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Just do a complete restore. Get into DFU mode and go into iTunes and just restore. If you don't want to jailbreak, don't worry. From there it will just update
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Just do a complete restore. Get into DFU mode and go into iTunes and just restore. If you don't want to jailbreak, don't worry. From there it will just update to the latest version of iOS.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

marlin2713 (05-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Thankyou But more help Please
    Hi
    Thankyou for the response. I dont know what DFU mode is or how to get into it ? Any help you could give is appreciated. When I connect to computer it says an iphone has been detected that needs to be restored or something like that. I click ok and then another box pops up that says restore and update and I click ok. It starts going threw all the steps of restoring and then about half way thru this error 1015 pops up.
    Thanks !

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

marlin2713 (05-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Again
    I just googled DFU mode to see what it was. Ive already tried that. When I did the reset it froze on the apple logo so I googled how to get it unfrozen and thats how youtube explained to do it, that Itunes would recognize and could do the restore thats where I'm stuck because when I do that it starts the restore but after about 10 minutes I get error code 1015. Thankyou.

I just tried again hoping maybe I was just not getting it into DFU mode properly with the steps the person sent me above. It went threw a bunch of different stages and error code popped up again while it was trying to verify the firmware.
    Last edited by marlin2713; 05-15-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks

This is taken directly from the Apple Support site, here's what you're doing wrong:

Error 1015: This error is typically caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple. This error can also occur when an unauthorized modification of the iOS has occurred and you are now trying to restore to an authorized, default state. Very rarely this error is caused by a hardware issue and requires service.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I spoke to someone else on this site and they told me to install the firmware umbrella and exit recovery. I did that and then itunes poped up and tried to restore again but this time gave me an error code 1604 ?

Thanks

Here's what you did wrong:

Error 1604: This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling USB ports, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections, device not recognized properly, computer won't recognize a FireWire or USB device). If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the white Apple USB dock connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi i have a iphone 3G/firmware 4.0(8A293) and modem firmware is 05.11.07. so;
    1. should i use redsnow or snowbrese. which is safeset?
    2. what is the best most reliable untethered firmware i should upgrade too??
    Pls help.

Thanks

5.1.1 is your best option right now. Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w or Absinthe will work. (Sn0wbreeze is for more advanced users) but I'd reccomend Absinthe since it's very user friendly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default unlocking iphone 3g and need to fake activation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    What is confusing? Let us know what you would need clarification on and we can help ya.
    I'm following the steps on here to unlock my iphone 3g but PC World says I need to fake an activation on my phone in order to get into it- how do I do that? All I can do on it is make an emergency call.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

You either need a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to or you can jailbreak it to activate it an get past the emergency call screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You either need a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to or you can jailbreak it to activate it an get past the emergency call screen.
    Thank you. I did try to jailbreak it from this link How to Jailbreak your iDevice | ModMyi.com and it led me here Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [HOW TO] Jailbreak Your iOS 5.1.1 Device With Absinthe 2.0.1
    however I have an iphone 3g and it is not listed on there. Furthermore, it leads me here Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Determining your iOS Device's Current Firmware Version and since I cannot get into my phone I am at a deadend.

Any help???

15. The Following User Says Thank You to clueless28 For This Useful Post:

Zahirul Islam (04-05-2013)

I live in Aikentogetthehelloutahere South Caolina
    Thanks
    Hello, I need help if possible. I have been reading all these posts. Someone at the beginning has the same problem I do. I am stuck in a boot cycle. I have got it to retake the jailbreak, then it gets to pineapple and stops shuts off and comes back up to plug to itunes. I have tried a bunch of things. This phone was reset, I do not know what firmware it was on. I do know it was bought from n1. I did use it for a while but my idiot friend reset it. Anyways, what should I do? I have tried about 4 or 5 different firmware with redsnow and shift on itunes. Its not bricked yet, just stuck in that boot cycle. PLease help

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 1call4anyjob For This Useful Post:

kimden85 (07-10-2012)

Thanks

Put it in DFU mode and then try it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am new to modmyi.com. Thanks in advance for all of the effort all put in to make this site so useful.

1) I have a 3GS and have owned it for 2 months now. This is my first smart phone. I bought it unlocked and jailbroken. I use the JOLT (GSM) cell system with a SIM card.

2) I am a very hands on DIY person in all aspects of my life. I like to learn new things....how my IPhone operates and runs is no exception.

3) About 10 days ago I made a mistake. I plugged in the phone to my computer to recharge the battery and ITunes opened up and asked me if I wanted to update the iOS. Without thinking of the ramifications I agreed. When done my 3GS would not run.

4) After some research I decided the best thing to do was to reboot the phone, thus wiping out the unlocking and jailbreaking program(s).

5) I found this location of this website: How to Jailbreak your iDevice | ModMyi.com In the process of following the steps, I have decided I am unsure where my phone is program wise by what the screen is telling me and hence what I should be doing first. I do not know how to determine what the firmware nor OS programs are.

6) Here is what is taking place when I turn the phone on:

a) Apple icon appears.

b) 'Iphone' message.

c) 'Language' question appears.

d) 'Country or region' question appears.

e) 'Choose network' question appears. I tried entering wifi code but could not enter network. (In retrospect not sure why I did this...just to find out what would happen!)

So my question is, 1) where is my phone and 2) what should I do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. to unlock phone.

-dennis

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey i have a iphone 3g which is ios 4.1.1. and it has a ipad based firmware and i want to install ios 4.2.1 which should be a iphone firmware. pls tell me which firmware should i download and since my phone is a U.S.A phone which is currently using in INDIA. pls tell me the procedure to unlock the phone. bcoz last tym wen i installed ipad firmware the phone was showing me a usb and itunes logo and i was stuck there so pls tell me how shoud i come out of that logo. pls reply urgently. i need help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anshu123 View Post
    Hey i have a iphone 3g which is ios 4.1.1. and it has a ipad based firmware and i want to install ios 4.2.1 which should be a iphone firmware. pls tell me which firmware should i download and since my phone is a U.S.A phone which is currently using in INDIA. pls tell me the procedure to unlock the phone. bcoz last tym wen i installed ipad firmware the phone was showing me a usb and itunes logo and i was stuck there so pls tell me how shoud i come out of that logo. pls reply urgently. i need help
    If the device is on iPad baseband, it can only be upgraded through a custom IPSW. Just download an IPSW (these can be found in the "Downloads" tab in the very top bar of the site) and then do shift + restore in iTunes and select the IPSW.

For the unlock, please tell us your baseband.

i-d
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so, here's the story,
    i just borrow my friend iPhone last nite.
    and as an idiot,
    i did restored using my iTunes and its being locked after it..

but i made a backup before it,
    and i cant restore it,
    coz its being locked now and just able to use an emergency call..

i just knew thats is an iPhone 2,
    dont know anything else..

can anyone tell me what to do?

i'd like try to unlocked it,
    but i need the simple steps,
    will someone guide me from the beginning?

thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by i-d View Post
    so, here's the story,
    i just borrow my friend iPhone last nite.
    and as an idiot,
    i did restored using my iTunes and its being locked after it..

but i made a backup before it,
    and i cant restore it,
    coz its being locked now and just able to use an emergency call..

i just knew thats is an iPhone 2,
    dont know anything else..

can anyone tell me what to do?

i'd like try to unlocked it,
    but i need the simple steps,
    will someone guide me from the beginning?

thank you so much!!
    sorry if im at the wrong section,
    but all i need to make a jailbreak is know about the device firmware, right?
    and its bring me here and post here..
    Last edited by i-d; 07-31-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks

Navigate to Settings > General > About and check your baseband version. Tell me what it says please, this will determine if your iPhone can be unlocked.

Thanks

test