+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9 (OS X)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
I have tried dozens of times now to jailbreak a friend's iPhone 4, on Verizon, running 5.0.1, by using redsn0w 0.9.10b5c. Every single time, I put it in DFU mode,
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have tried dozens of times now to jailbreak a friend's iPhone 4, on Verizon, running 5.0.1, by using redsn0w 0.9.10b5c. Every single time, I put it in DFU mode, the jailbreak process begins, gets all the way to the "Waiting for reboot" and the phone just boots into normal mode, falling out of DFU mode. I have no clue at this point what to do to get it to stick in DFU mode to complete the process. I continue to end up with the phone simply rebooted normally, running fine, but no jailbreak. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    I have tried dozens of times now to jailbreak a friend's iPhone 4, on Verizon, running 5.0.1, by using redsn0w 0.9.10b5c. Every single time, I put it in DFU mode, the jailbreak process begins, gets all the way to the "Waiting for reboot" and the phone just boots into normal mode, falling out of DFU mode. I have no clue at this point what to do to get it to stick in DFU mode to complete the process. I continue to end up with the phone simply rebooted normally, running fine, but no jailbreak. Any help would be appreciated.
    When entering DFU keep holding the home button even after you are in DFU. Don't let go of it until after redsnow starts uploading the kernel etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    When entering DFU keep holding the home button even after you are in DFU. Don't let go of it until after redsnow starts uploading the kernel etc
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have done just what you suggested... but, if I hold the home button too long, the phone goes into recovery mode (with the display showing the iTunes logo and cable).

What consistently happens is I see in redsn0w the message that it is uploading the first part, then the second part, and then it shows the waiting for reboot message. But, it pops the phone out of DFU mode then, and I have yet to see the Processing kernel messages, or anything after Waiting for reboot. Shortly after the Waiting for reboot message, the apple logo shows up on the iPhone, and then it just boots fine, but non-jailbroken of course.

By the way, I'm not a newby at this - I have personally had every iPhone ever made, and have successfully jailbroken at opportunity along the way. My own 4S is jailbroken, as is my iPad. But, this iPhone 4 has be stumped. If you or anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Dont let go of the home button until after the "Exploiting with limerain" is finished and it starts uploading the ramdisk. Let go of the home button before the waiting to reboot part though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will the unlock ever be available with a baseband 5.0.1?

Or do I need to travel with my 3?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone please tell me where I can find the IPSW file? I have updated my Iphone 4 through the device itself, and the files are not in \Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Originally I wanted to jailbreak using redsnow but it crashes EVERY TIME I start the jailbreak, therefore decided to use snowbreeze... but now I need the IPSW.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For anyone unable to get their iTouch 4 (9A405) into DFU mode, you MUST make a new IPSW file first. I found one though google, iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw When you download that to your desktop all you need to do is open up the redsn0w app and press on EXTRAS, SELECT IPSW.....browse to the IPSW file you have just downloaded and as soon as you do, it takes over and tells you it will use that from here on in. Then just follow the DFU mode instructions that didnt work the 100x you tried before but now it will work and before you know it you will be jailbroken..........the IPSW file is the key. You dont need to go through iTunes with it. Everything is done just through redsn0w

How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4/3GS Without Updating Baseband Using Redsn0w For iOS 5.0.1 [Updated] You need to know what version you have which you can tell if you go ito SYSTEMS PREFERENCES, GENERAL, ABOUT, VERSION...in my case I had 5.0.1 (9A405) I just bought the iTouch yesterday so I guess thats the latest version. Go to the page listed here and scroll down until you find your version and it will give you a link to that IPSW file you need. For my version, it was called iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw PROBLEM SOLVED. I am not a newbie but I could not get into DFU mode no matter how many times I tried until this
    Last edited by ShelaghDB; 02-22-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks

Dont let go of the home button until after the "Exploiting with limerain" is finished and it starts uploading the ramdisk. Let go of the home button before the waiting to reboot part though.
    It never gets as far as uploading the ramdisk. After the Exploiting with limerain is done, it says Waiting for reboot, and the phone reboots as normal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey All!
    Im using my iphone 4 with 4.3.3(8J2), 03.10.01 baseband and GEVEY to Unlock.
    Im I allowed to intall 5.0.1 on my phone? If so, will it unlock it? If not, will I still be able to use GEVEY to unlock it?
    THANKS!!

Hey All!
    Im I allowed to intall 5.0.1 on my phone? If so, will it unlock it? If not, will I still be able to use GEVEY to unlock it?
    THANKS!!
    Last edited by Archun; 03-22-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Archun View Post
    Hey All!
    THANKS!!

Hey All!
    THANKS!!
    Do you have 5.0.1 SHSH?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you have 5.0.1 SHSH?
    No, I dont have any SHSH

Thanks

Then you cant go to 5.0.1 sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Then you cant go to 5.0.1 sorry
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Archun View Post
    Thanks
    You should check with tiny umbrella if you have 5.0.1 SHSH just in case. You never know cydia may have saved them for you without you knowing. When using tiny umbrella go to advanced and select the box that says request SHSH from cydia then press save SHSH with your phone connected to see.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You should check with tiny umbrella if you have 5.0.1 SHSH just in case. You never know cydia may have saved them for you without you knowing. When using tiny umbrella go to advanced and select the box that says request SHSH from cydia then press save SHSH with your phone connected to see.
    I guess NOT "Cydia does not have your shsh for iPhone 4 4.1 (8B117) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE"
    Thanks

Thanks

Did it say that about 5.0.1 shsh too though?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did it say that about 5.0.1 shsh too though?
    Thats what it said when I connected it and pressed SAVE as you instructed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine just says waiting for reboot and doesn't do anything

Thanks

Try using the latest redsnow
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Hey guys, last night I jailbreak my ipod touch 4th gen 4.1 with redsnow but after jailbreaking the I noticed that the cydia icon is white and I cannot open it. There were no error during jailbreaking process but then again I can't access cydia. I tried tethered booting with redsnow but it didn't solved the problem. Is there a way to fix this? Help me guys. Thanks a lot.