+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9 (OS X)

is a discussion within the

How To: Jailbreak Guides

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak Guides

section;
Excellent...worked fine. Thanks.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excellent...worked fine. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right, I'm fine with untethered jailbreaks, but this is my first go of a tethered jailbreak.Am I right in thinking that I'd have to use RedSnow to boot whenever Cydia reboots the device to install something? Or is there a way round this?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,161 Times in 6,637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steven07968 View Post
    Right, I'm fine with untethered jailbreaks, but this is my first go of a tethered jailbreak.Am I right in thinking that I'd have to use RedSnow to boot whenever Cydia reboots the device to install something? Or is there a way round this?
    You are correct. Every reboot will require redsnow to boot it back up into it's jailbroken state.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You are correct. Every reboot will require redsnow to boot it back up into it's jailbroken state.
    Cheers Si.

Can you do a respring without a redsnow boot?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You should get the semi-tethered app in Cydia from BigBoss.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steven07968 View Post
    Cheers Si.

Can you do a respring without a redsnow boot?
    Yes, a respring is fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So will this really work with 5.0.1 and what should i get for a ispw?

Thanks

You need to point it to a 5.0 firmware for your device to jailbreak 5.0.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there any videos showing how to point it to 5.0 i just cant seem to figure that out i am experienced with jail breaking im just stumped on how to do this

Thanks

Click extras in redsnow. Then click select ipsw. Once you select the 5.0 one you can press the back button and select jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so im downloading 5.0 now i could not find it anywhere before finding this site which is awesome by the thanks hopefully this works for me

Thanks

Glad we could help

Thanks

Sorry to ask but I'm new to tethered jailbreaks. Always did untethered. I've read this thread and I think I'm ready to jailbreak tethered! Just a few questions. Since I have a mac I will have to use redsn0w correct? So Everytime I reboot my phone or if Cydia has to restart phone, once it's finally rebooted I have to plug in my phone open red snow and lot tethered? Or do I have to have my phone plugged in already?and for the big boss semi tethered thing, how does that work? I know you will still have a jailbroken device just without some functions. Is that an app or something? I just want to make sure on the procedures before I jailbreak tethered. Thanks again! Any help is greatly appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have tried to jailbreak my iphone as stated above and im still having problems turning my iphone on, my battery died on my iphone and it doesnt turn on, ive tried to jail break it and it still dont work, its stuck on the iphone sign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restoring back to earlier firmware version tutorial?
    Sorry to go slightly off topic. This tutorial is excellent but I'd really appreciate help finding a tutorial explaining how to use stored blobs to restore to an earlier firmware version

I'd like to bring my 3GS (currently on 4.3.3 jail broken with Jailbreak me) up to 5.01 so that I can save blobs etc before the 5.1 update. But because of the battery issues and the tether I'd like to restore straight back onto my current 4.33 once i have done that.

Any advice greatly appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbrake
    where do i download the jailbrake for windows i only see mac ?

can you plz help
    where do i download this for windows i only see mac ty.

bill
    Last edited by bill7755; 12-12-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DehKhoda View Post
    I did all steps but cydia icon is white color and when i press automatically will close cydia apps
    Run the Boot tethered option. You will have to do this every time you reboot.

If you want to avoid this, download Semitether from Cydia, it allows for booting into a "jailed" state without a computer. Before, the old method was to disable MobileSubstrate. Now you no longer have to do this.
    iDevices: Lots, most jailbroken
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

I'm a iPhone hacker and Twitter API master.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sooooooo..........what's going on with the untethered jailbreak for 5.0.1 on iPhone 4?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I updated my iPhone 3GS to IOS 5.0.1 using the newest version of Redsn0w, selected a custom IPSW with preserved baseband through the Extras button and then using the Pwned DFU and iTunes, I updated the iPhone to IOS 5.0.1. That procedure worked perfectly. I then went back and performed a jail break and install of Cydia. That procedure also worked perfectly. However, I ran into a problem that I do not know how to correct. once Cydia was installed, I tried to reinstall a prepaid Cydia app that required a reboot after installation. The iPhone never completed the reboot and iPhone never reopened. The Apple logo appeared on the home screen followed by a small spinning wheel that froze up on the home screen. I was unable to get the iPhone to reopen or function again. The iPhone is essentially now worthless. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    Sooooooo..........what's going on with the untethered jailbreak for 5.0.1 on iPhone 4?
    i don't think people are donating enough. it seems as if everyone wants something for free these days. we all deserve to wait until we kick in a few more bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by froeg View Post
    I had my iPhone 4 with 5.0.1 successfully jailbroken a week ago. However, when using MyWi on Friday, my phone decided to automatically reboot which caused me to have to tether it to my computer and do a Just Boot. Unfortunately, that didn't work and my phone went into a loop of the Apple logo. I then did a complete restore of my phone and attempted to jailbreak it again, but it would not work. It seems that maybe the IPSW is not working. I used iPhone3,3_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw as the configuration. Any help would be much appreciated!

don't restore. update and wait for the untethered jailbreak like the rest of us.
    Can someone tell me where to download the iOS 5.0 firmware file that I'm supposed to point the IPSW to?
    just keep searching the net. it's there.

How would I know
    try donating.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberactivo View Post
    I am still getting the same error message: Unrecognized build. I've tried the suggestion displayed:

"NOTE: You can manually specify which build to use by going to Extras->Select IPSW (sometimes you can use this trick and just use the latest supported build to for your device)."

But no luck. any other suggestions?
    Sn0wbreeze

How would I know
    be patient.
    Last edited by hank197857; 12-21-2011 at 02:10 AM.