Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not Working iPhone4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Not Working iPhone4s
    I am going to fix a friend's iPhone4S that isn't charging. My friend said that the phone wouldn't charge when plugging in the charger. It has been several weeks past after the phone has been given to me. Now the phone is completely dead.

I've read that it could be either the docking connector or the battery. I want to isolate the possible cause by buying just one of the parts and not both. If the battery is dead, would the phone still power on with the charger being plugged in?

Also, I have tried cleaning the connectors with a needle by lightly sliding over them. I don't have any cleaning solution and the connectors don't look too dirty or burnt to begin with.

Its most likely the charge port.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I thought about it some more and I said the same. Bought the charger port and replaced it. Charging now.

I was in shocked when Apple didn't even bother to give the owner any options to remedy the issue when she brought it in. They simple did a quick check and told her it can't be fixed and told her she can have a discount (small) on getting an iPhone 5S.

Little surprising
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here