+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changed LCD on iphone5, "Q" "W" "A" on Keyboard area doesn't work right !!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Changed my LCD on my cracked iPhone 5 AT&T and now when typing text messages, I noticed the Q-W-A key will either input 3 letters when you press it one,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exclamation Changed LCD on iphone5, "Q" "W" "A" on Keyboard area doesn't work right !!
    Changed my LCD on my cracked iPhone 5 AT&T and now when typing text messages,
    I noticed the Q-W-A key will either input 3 letters when you press it one, or do nothing, or press a different letter.

The calibration seems off on that area of the keyboard, and I know there is no reset to it but anyone know a solution to my problem? I am positive all the ribbons are in the right spot when I put it back together. I'm not totally sure what's wrong ! I'm not sure if the LCD was cheap that I bought, but I can't imagine it be; it looks great and sharp and working.

Thanks in Advance to any answers/help; VERY ANNOYING to TEXT Like this !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 588 Posts

I would double check the digitizer connector. Also give it a little cleaning. I've run across this a few times at my store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delutedsoul View Post
    I would double check the digitizer connector. Also give it a little cleaning. I've run across this a few times at my store.
    REALLY?

Is that the three ribbons that connects the back plate to the front plate? before you close it back up?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 588 Posts

Yes one is a proximity/ff camera/ear piece speaker. One is a lcd, and the other is your digitizer. Make sure the digitizer flex is flush.

Thanks

Thank you very much, Im going to try this out soon. I hope this works! Don't have my tools with me right now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bet it's a white screen