Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 - BOTTOM microphone not working!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 - BOTTOM microphone not working!
    Hello everyone, I finally got my hands on an iPhone 5.

The issue with it was that the frame was bent, so I replaced it with an iPhone 5 midframe assembly (from SW-BOX.com).

I had the phone working for a few hours, however when I made a call I realized that the person on the other end of the call cannot hear anything that I am saying. Take note, when I have the call on speaker the other person does hear me.

Additionally, when I use Siri it picks up sound without issues, but the Voice memos app does not pick up any sound.

At this point I did some research and found that I might not be the only person that has this issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

The only thing that is bothering me is that I replaced the entire midframe assembly which also includes the bottom microphone. Was the replacement part defective?

I ordered a new flex cable for the microphone and I will replace it. Hopefully that will solve my issues with the iPhone 5.

Also, I tried a full restore (from backup and as a new iPhone).

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this and if you have any solutions.

Regards,
    Jacob
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Thanks

607 views and no advice to share on the situation?! I'm sure this isn't an isolated problem!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 606 Posts

My advice is make sure that the microphone is properly inserted into it's holding clip. If it's nudged out just a little it will block it off. It's something simply but is easily over looked. Best of luck! If this does not help please let me know

Thanks

I'll try that out when I have a little time on my hands to take apart my iPhone 5. Hopefully it's just a simple issue. My last flex cable's microphone was very weak (you had to blow really hard into the speaker to hear anything) so I put in a fresh cable.