+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Camera has black spots! - Can't DIY fix!!? HELP NEEDED!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, so lately my camera showed signs of dust under the lense or something.. when I try to use the rear camera, there are dark rounded spots/shadows on the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iPhone 5 Camera has black spots! - Can't DIY fix!!? HELP NEEDED!
    Hey guys, so lately my camera showed signs of dust under the lense or something.. when I try to use the rear camera, there are dark rounded spots/shadows on the sides and when i zoom in to take a picture, the spots would be gone...

Opened my phone up to clean the lense a few weeks ago and it showed OK results... but again dust came back in.. (I don't know how and its ANNOYING).. so i opened it again and tried to clean it again..

I used a Q-tip to first clean the saphire glass/lense piece where the dust would sit... then I used compressed air to blow the dust just to make sure..... also blew some compressed air on the little camera module itself just for safe measures in case some dust particle went on the actual camera module lense itself......

however, those spots would still appear and my saphire outer camera glass lense (no idea what that piece is called)... STILl shows sign of dust/particle on my pictures...

my warranty is finished so dont bother telling me to go to the apple store because it will be 229$+tax to change for another refurb one (this is my 4th iPhone 5) bought the iPhone 5 day one when it released... warranty finished a long time ago (September)..

Any help would be appreciated!

---

Also, I've noticed how the plastic bezel of the screen on the left is like not sticking to the glass like the right side is, therefore when i press on the left side a tad bit harder, I can hear and feel the screen/bezel not being solidly fuzed together like the right side.. any way to fix that? (darn refurb units you get when u swap at the apple store... even tho this is my 4th unit,.... still has problems..)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dk2000zx View Post
    Hey guys, so lately my camera showed signs of dust under the lense or something.. when I try to use the rear camera, there are dark rounded spots/shadows on the sides and when i zoom in to take a picture, the spots would be gone...

Opened my phone up to clean the lense a few weeks ago and it showed OK results... but again dust came back in.. (I don't know how and its ANNOYING).. so i opened it again and tried to clean it again..

I used a Q-tip to first clean the saphire glass/lense piece where the dust would sit... then I used compressed air to blow the dust just to make sure..... also blew some compressed air on the little camera module itself just for safe measures in case some dust particle went on the actual camera module lense itself......

however, those spots would still appear and my saphire outer camera glass lense (no idea what that piece is called)... STILl shows sign of dust/particle on my pictures...

my warranty is finished so dont bother telling me to go to the apple store because it will be 229$+tax to change for another refurb one (this is my 4th iPhone 5) bought the iPhone 5 day one when it released... warranty finished a long time ago (September)..

Any help would be appreciated!

---

Also, I've noticed how the plastic bezel of the screen on the left is like not sticking to the glass like the right side is, therefore when i press on the left side a tad bit harder, I can hear and feel the screen/bezel not being solidly fuzed together like the right side.. any way to fix that? (darn refurb units you get when u swap at the apple store... even tho this is my 4th unit,.... still has problems..)
    Just replace the camera