Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to buy iPhone 5 OEM quality replacement screen in EU / what to look for?

Default Where to buy iPhone 5 OEM quality replacement screen in EU / what to look for?
    I'm looking to buy a good quality replacement screen for my brother's iPhone 5. After several disppointments repairing iPhone 3G(S), I know that all screens are not created equal. iFixit Germany charges 140 for just the screen which is a bit steep imho. On ebay Germany I found a Swiss seller with very good ratings (10 years registered, 99.9%) who claims to sell original Sharp screens for 80/90 as a kit (home button, front camera etc). I'm not sure about the whole thing though.

So basically my questions are:
    1. Is it even possible to get an OEM Apple-like quality screen? I heard different claims that Apple charges between 140-250 for a screen replacement. If I can't get close to original screen quality we'd be willing to pay about 150 to have it done by Apple. If a reall Sharp screen is close to OEM quality, I'd rather get that for 80-90 (or less if anybody knows a good source).
    2. Are there any signs I can look for before installing the new screen to judge it's quality?
    3. Assuming the seller is good, should I expect good quality for the home button, front camera etc. or better re-use my existing ones?
    4. Does anybody have any links and comments/experiences with/for good quality repair parts stores in the EU (English, German and maybe French language please)?

Thanks!

it seems that you are in Europe.So,you want to get the screen from UK.But in your local,i guess the price will be very high,because the OEM iPhone 5 LCD Screen is brought from China,most of parts are brought by your UK wholesalers.Then,they sell you or your local repair shops.

You want to get a Real OEM iPhone 5 LCD Screen,this is possible,because the LCD Display mostly are OEM.China suppliers are also selling OEM LCD,but the I can not guarantee the front glass is OEM,because the some China suppliers provide copy front glass + OEM LCD.What you should do it just asking your seller to let him tell you if the screen is FULL OEM.

Also,you can compare some sellers ,and then choose a better and honest seller.

i dont think you will find new one. all screen come from china no. 1 and 2 .... you will never get the factory oem screen unless you find a second hand one. i bring spare parts from china i know what is there. good luck.

I got mine from pacifictoy.com and the quality is great on the site it says oem quality. I haven't had any complaints from the screens I've gotten from them. It is located in the US though so I'm not sure if that would cause a problem.